Sign in to follow this  
Newtopia

Director of football / head coach

I thought the reason for have a Director of football with a head coach, was so club developed a certain style of play and as a result if the head coach left the style of football remained similiar.  Therefore no wholesale squad changes or changes to philosophy of the club.  It seems to me we have fundamentally changed the way the first team play since Farke left, has this flowed through the rest of club?

We really haven't 'fundamentally changed the way the first team play'. We've tweaked it a bit - compare our possession stats etc to the last time we were in the Premier League and I doubt they'd look hugely different. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

Maybe we need to change the way we play. The current ways is making us be bottom exactly like last time, 

21 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I thought the reason for have a Director of football with a head coach, was so club developed a certain style of play and as a result if the head coach left the style of football remained similiar.  Therefore no wholesale squad changes or changes to philosophy of the club.  It seems to me we have fundamentally changed the way the first team play since Farke left, has this flowed through the rest of club?

Actually it was Farke who abandoned Farkeball.

22 hours ago, Newtopia said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_director

The presence of a director of football acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board and may relieve pressure on a manager by handling aspects away from day-to-day coaching, allowing a manager to focus on on-pitch performance. The director may also help to stabilise the club – many examples exist of director stepping in as a caretaker manager on the departure of the manager. The director – often an experienced football figure – may also positively advise a less experienced manager or the board of a less well developed club.