Sign in to follow this  
duke63

Dyche sacked

We must have a head start over the 2 other 'probable' relegated clubs next season as Dean Smith should already have an eye on it.

Hodgson will leave Watford as the end of the season before they then embark on their revolving door of incoming managers...now Burnley are thrown into uncertainty

Just because Farke lost his job with us....now defeats to us have resulted in sackings to a few this season! 😄😄

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We must have a head start over the 2 other 'probable' relegated clubs next season as Dean Smith should already have an eye on it.

Hodgson will leave Watford as the end of the season before they then embark on their revolving door of incoming managers...now Burnley are thrown into uncertainty

Burnley's accounts are due out soon - it could make very interesting reading!

Another club with an "investor owner" takeover that so many seem keen on!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Someone must be waiting in the wings to take over......................Frank Lampard?

Alan Pardew? 

Big Sam? 

Timing seems strange, as in we beat them Sunday and they wait until the following Friday to act. 

Doesn't give any temp appts much time to work with players for this week match (assuming they have one) 

Think they play west ham this weekend.

Edited by ec-p
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to be too critical of them because I get it, it's gotten stale there and they're sick of the playing style, especially now as it's not getting results. But for their short and medium term future this is a mad decision, the smart thing to do would be to stick with him as he gets them back up and then change manager to someone who can play a more progressive style.

No one is capable of getting that side playing any other way this season or improving on what Dyche was good at to pull them out of trouble. There's the argument that you're better off playing a more attacking style as a relegated team in the Championship, but their squad would again require major surgery for that and with the drop in income after getting relegated that looks unlikely to work out well. 

Burnley under Dyche would finish in the top 6 without a doubt next season, probably in or close to the automatics, with a different manager it's now uncertain and if they bring in someone who tries to get them playing passing attacking football i can see them doing a Stoke and finishing much nearer the bottom of that league for a few years while they adjust. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Watford sounds a good fit for Dyche. Been there before, and I can't see any prem clubs wanting him so Watford,Stoke or maybe what would be my guess

“Under-23s coach Mike Jackson, assisted by Academy Director Paul Jenkins, Under-23s goalkeeping coach Connor King and Club Captain Ben Mee have been asked to take charge of the team for Sunday’s game with West Ham United.

“The process of replacing Sean has begun and further announcements will be made to supporters in due course.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/61116730

It really is a last roll of the Dice.  The club are now saddled with a relatively huge debt for their small fan base.  If they are relegated, which seems likely despite this move, they will have to rebuild a team on the style of an incoming manager.  I would expect most of their squad are also on contracts without reversionary relegation clauses so the debt will get worse.  This ain't going to be pretty, much like their football recently.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

I wonder whether this is another Ipswich / McCarthy moment. He kept them punching above their weight for a long time, they want more and sack him and end up in free fall?

Probably and that's an issue with managers like that which often doesn't get talked about. They do good work by getting a team punching above their weight by building a squad to play a certain way, but they damage the longer term prospects of the club by ingraining a philosophy and culture that is difficult to change, they are all often also great man managers which also makes it hard for the next man to come in and really connect with the squad. 

This is why i often despair at clubs lurching away from this style of manager into the polar opposite because it's always too much of a culture shock for a squad that can only play one way and it often ends in tears. Teams are better moving away gradually, going from a Dyche to  manager who is a bit more progressive and then move onto somebody who wants to play good football. We kind of did this by accident by going from Hughton to Adams/Neil and then onto Farke but even with the managers in-between Farke still found it tough to change the culture of the club in his first season. 

23 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Timing seems strange, as in we beat them Sunday and they wait until the following Friday to act. 

Doesn't give any temp appts much time to work with players for this week match (assuming they have one) 

Does seem strange. Perhaps they've spent the week making sure they have someone to take over?

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Does seem strange. Perhaps they've spent the week making sure they have someone to take over?

Or negotiating his terms. But even then rumours get leaked online..... 

The club was scammed by the new owners who used Burnley's own money to buy it.

They are now not a club to be admired, small place managing to play EPL even if people always moan about their style. They are just another club whose owners are taking the mick.

Sacrilege. Hope they go down now athough it's now win win if they don't and Everton do

So much for new rich owners. Never really backed him just happy to reap money from Premier League status.

Edited by KiwiScot

Thought they would have stuck by him.

Then again they are the worst side I've seen ar Carrow Rd this season, and that includes us!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

However, I do find it quite funny that our last three wins have seen the opposing manager sacked. 

Not really a compliment though as it suggests owners believe we are so bad that they can't get over the shock of losing to us.

39 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Burnley under Dyche would finish in the top 6 without a doubt next season, probably in or close to the automatics, with a different manager it's now uncertain and if they bring in someone who tries to get them playing passing attacking football i can see them doing a Stoke and finishing much nearer the bottom of that league for a few years while they adjust. 

Agreed. Dyche may not be spectacular or exhilarating but he's reliable, and a new man would likely want a bit of a rebuild. They're not a massive club (in the last half-century, at least) and their new owners are hardly philanthropists (quite the opposite, in fact) so I don't expect much from them next season.

35 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Watford sounds a good fit for Dyche. Been there before, and I can't see any prem clubs wanting him so Watford,Stoke or maybe what would be my guess

No way will it be Watford. He did a great job there, but as soon as the Pozzo family took control one of their first acts was to sack him, so whilst the Pozzo family remain, Dyche won't go there.

Timing's odd, almost a recognition that they're not confident of survival given that they didn't have a replacement lined up.