Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

We're Back 20/21 DVD

So received this for Christmas and only just got around to watching it.
Shocked by the tin pot production value, it really is poor. 
By the 2/3 point no interviews with coach / players.
Limited "narrative" progression or league up dates and this is whats going on.
A strange panoramic of Carrow and then straight into the games with a team sheet and all of the goals with Radio Norfolk commentary.

I would expect better production frankly from a league 1 or 2 club, for a Champ / Prem team its actually pi$$ poor.

Anyone else experienced this or am I expecting too much?

Edited by Nexus_Canary

These have been pi$$ poor for years now. I stopped buying them, as it was a case of the club just essentially dumping the highlight videos you get for free post-match on YouTube onto a DVD.

Back when they first started coming out on DVD you used to get a professional looking presentation and lots of interviews, voice over etc. Very cheaply made nowadays.

• Like 1

One of my friends up in Swansea used to buy the Swansea City ones, but the picture quality kept changing as sometimes they used coverage from other fan-channels of some of the away games, then used Swans TV stuff. If it was on Sky, they used that instead and all the commentary was from Swans TV or BBC Radio Wales.

The commentary was always from the best sources, but he told me that the actual presentation of the highlights was a mixed bag and would have had a better video collection of the season if he just taped it all off from MOTD during the course of the season, then put them all onto a DVD-R after converting the tapes.

Sounds like our season DVD has the same ideas for the commentary sources, but the presentation sounds cheap, like on the Swansea ones I’m told about.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

The 2010/11 DVD was pretty decent if i remember with lots of interviews.
Sad given it was the pandemic season you would have hoped they would have put loads of effort in. Ive held a season ticket at Norwich for over 12 years and I never saw Oliver Skipp in a Norwich shirt. Given the state of the DVD i still haven't!! Wont be getting it again. Real shame because it should be something the club is producing with pride, especially with a records point total.

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The 2010/11 DVD was pretty decent if i remember with lots of interviews.
Sad given it was the pandemic season you would have hoped they would have put loads of effort in. Ive held a season ticket at Norwich for over 12 years and I never saw Oliver Skipp in a Norwich shirt. Given the state of the DVD i still haven't!! Wont be getting it again. Real shame because it should be something the club is producing with pride, especially with a records point total.

Spot on. This is it, like I said when they first started coming out on DVD around 2002, they were much better - so much so that when we won the title in 2003-04, it came on a double DVD set, with extended highlights, loads of interviews and even loads of footage of the title and promotion celebrations at City Hall and the open top bus tour around the city. That was a great DVD, but now there's no effort put into them anymore. Shame.

Remember it was produced during COVID which probably impacted things. Agree it's a shame it's not of better quality though

5 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Wonder if they'll bring out a We're Gone (again) 21/22 DVD?

Perhaps a bargain basement three in one for the last 3 seasons. At least then we can have some meat in the sandwich and perhaps an improvement on 2021 version 1.