Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Soooo positives

Yep coming from me 😁.

With the bottom 3 all but sorted we have had 2 wins and a, draw in 4 games v Watford and Burnley so nothing to fear from them next season. The rest of the Championship is, whilst an interesting league all a bit meh. Not saying we'll be top 6 but no reason to think why not, look at Luton this season. 

Once again this season we have shown we can win games without Billy playing, and thank christ that's not an option next season. 

I know I'll probably be back to doom and gloom, but just for today I'm trying to look on the bright side, even if it's only because we beat a team as shocking as we are 😅 (and because I've been drinking). 

• Like 1

The positive for me is that we are not entirely rubbish.

Still bottom, but not record breaking bottom.

Edited by Daz Sparks

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Yep coming from me 😁.

With the bottom 3 all but sorted we have had 2 wins and a, draw in 4 games v Watford and Burnley so nothing to fear from them next season. The rest of the Championship is, whilst an interesting league all a bit meh. Not saying we'll be top 6 but no reason to think why not, look at Luton this season. 

Once again this season we have shown we can win games without Billy playing, and thank christ that's not an option next season. 

I know I'll probably be back to doom and gloom, but just for today I'm trying to look on the bright side, even if it's only because we beat a team as shocking as we are 😅 (and because I've been drinking). 

A welcome win , but a definite Chumps fixture next season, at least we showed some **** today .

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Yep coming from me 😁.

Yeah, that sounds about right. We've actually done ok-ish against the bottom half this season (with some obvious exceptions). The fact we've only taken one point from top-half teams just shows what a limited team we are at this level. A level down we'll be competitive again, I'm sure. I don't think HMSPTL will be setting sail, but we should be, dare I say it, in the top 26 again...

Some good performances today from players likely to still be here next season; PLM, Dowell, McLean, Bryam. Indicates they're likely to do a top job in the Championship. I'd be telling Dimi to stick around too, awesome today.

• Like 1

It was nice to have a complete 90 minute performance; thought we controlled the game really well. 

Not had many like that all season.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

I’d still like us to not come bottom of the pile.  I know many don’t care, but I’d like us to try and keep something to play for, for the longest possible period.  A performance as today suggests there is at least a fighting spirit and this kind of momentum into next season will be crucial. 

And for those who do not think Norman cares, his reaction at the final whistle suggested otherwise.

• Like 3

Great performance all round. It's also encouraging Smith & Shakespeare appear to be making the defence most solid, especially when we cut out the one kamikaze moment per game!

4 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

I’d still like us to not come bottom of the pile.  I know many don’t care, but I’d like us to try and keep something to play for, for the longest possible period.  A performance as today suggests there is at least a fighting spirit and this kind of momentum into next season will be crucial. 

Completely agree with that. Most of us have given up, but it's so important the players don't. Let's reel in Watford then see where we are.

• Like 2

I'm certainly more positive about next season after today. You can see that players like Gibson, PLM, Giannoulis and Dowell are clearly a cut above what 95% of the Championship will have. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm certainly more positive about next season after today. You can see that players like Gibson, PLM, Giannoulis and Dowell are clearly a cut above what 95% of the Championship will have. 

Only Normann out of the starting 11 won't be here next season

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I was never worried about next year as the above statement is so obviously true. 

2 hours ago, kinggoblin said:

Only Normann out of the starting 11 won't be here next season

Really? I think Hanley, Krul, Pukki and Rashica will all be gone and probably Giannoulis too

21 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Really? I think Hanley, Krul, Pukki and Rashica will all be gone and probably Giannoulis too

I think only Giannoulis out of your list might go. And thats a might.