Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Question to the 'SMITH OUT!' brigade

You know the ones, going on about how we should bring Farke back or he should have never been sacked as 'There have been zero signs of any improvment under Smith!' just curious what your thoughts are now we have got two clean sheets and 4 points in two back to back matches.

And yes I still do however agree with you that we are still down and relegated anyway and it's all been left too late and all but still.. That's not the point 🤣

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Lets just enjoy the win rather than having a pop?

Why? The OP is right, they have been very vocal this last few weeks so it’s a fair point

• Like 2

Implying we've turned a corner or something? We're just as **** as we have been all season we just played Brighton and Burnley. 

Sat outside Carrow road and despite that I will still say

Panic signing who is no better than farke. People moan about lack of ambition, Smith is case and point.

7 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Why? The OP is right, they have been very vocal this last few weeks so it’s a fair point

And the OP plays Devils Advocate and is quite happy to stir it even if he has moaned about Smith himself. Take no notice of him.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And the OP plays Devils Advocate and is quite happy to stir it even if he has moaned about Smith himself. Take no notice of him.

As one of the posters who is very sceptical of Smith's powers as a manager, I almost replied to the OP. But I thought about what you said and I realised this wasn't the moment for debate. It's been such a long time since we had any good news at all, let's just enjoy it and start arguing with each other again next week.

• Haha 2

I'll wait and see where we are in November as opposed to just after we've beaten as side just as woeful as we are. 

Although if he selects wee Krankie as, soon as he's available again I'll be screaming SMITH OUT from the rooftops 😁

There is no glossing over the fact, that even though we won, it was a truly terrible game. A poor game from two very poor teams.

We can't pass water, by the looks of it some of our players don't even know what colour our shirts are so they can hit the ball towards a team mate.

So, I'm not exactly Smith out, but he hasn't brought much improvement

Edited by First Wazzock

Farke was a great manager with an impossible task. He was replaced by another very good manager with an impossible task. Happy that Smith will do a good job for us in the Championship. 

• Like 1

Weird how we've finally won a game by reverting to Farke's favoured formation and actually trying to play football. Makes you wonder why we didn't just do this from the start of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

One swallow does not make a summer. 
still not convinced with Smith. Today was two relegated teams whose records show they cannot score. 
we have stopped building from the back and use far more long balls. 
Yes the result was great and I am enjoying it but it has not done enough to make me view the bigger picture any different. 
oh, and I do not believe Farke should return. Lets cherish the memories he gave us and leave Farke in the history of our club. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And yet still playing better than Farkes time in the Prem after project restart 😉

Really against the worst side to visit Carrow Road this season! We’ll see how quick you turn next season! That’s the benchmark to just how good Smith is compared to Farke! Funny enough young Robins is getting the most out of a squad on a budget, another good result today!

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Really against the worst side to visit Carrow Road this season! We’ll see how quick you turn next season! That’s the benchmark to just how good Smith is compared to Farke! Funny enough young Robins is getting the most out of a squad on a budget, another good result today!

Smith has a better win percentage in the Premier League with Norwich City than Daniel Farke.

3 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

Smith has a better win percentage in the Premier League with Norwich City than Daniel Farke.

Indeed, but not good enough! I never questioned it was time for Farke to go, I always said Smith wasn’t a Norwich fit! I stand by that at the time and now Robins was my choice…..but we go with what we have and to start a daft thread to get bites again after one win in ten just typical of Cambridge! He’ll be calling for his head next season!😉

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed, but not good enough! I never questioned it was time for Farke to go, I always said Smith wasn’t a Norwich fit! I stand by that at the time and now Robins was my choice…..but we go with what we have and to start a daft thread to get bites again after one win in ten just typical of Cambridge! He’ll be calling for his head next season!😉

Other than having played for us, there's nothing to suggest Robins is or was a better fit. He has less success as a manger than Smith, and less relevant experience too.

Just now, Indy said:

I think you give Smith a transfer window and the start of next season at least. He hasn’t got the personality of Farke that many fans loved, but I definitely think Smith could have us playing some decent stuff and getting results in the Championship next year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

I think you give Smith a transfer window and the start of next season at least. He hasn’t got the personality of Farke that many fans loved, but I definitely think Smith could have us playing some decent stuff and getting results in the Championship next year.

It’s not up to me that’s a given….….

8 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Id be nervous if I were Smith, we sack managers after a win at this club

Is that why it took so long to get rid of Farke?

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Question to the OP why did you call Webber a clown after Lampard pulled out of the Norwich job?

Probably beacause Webber IS a clown. How's his mountain climbing going? 

Ok so you call Webber a clown because Lampard pulls out of the Norwich and then have a pop at Norwich fans about criticising  Smith.

Don't be such a **** stirer and just enjoy the win. They have been precious few this season, or did you miss them?

It’s really not that hard a concept to grasp.

Dean Smith inherited a squad not of his making, drilled to play football in a certain way. 

Nor did he get any money to play with in January to try and shape a squad. 

Like that how can you judge his remit when he’s got one arm tied behind his back. In the Premier League. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

It’s really not that hard a concept to grasp.

Dean Smith inherited a squad not of his making, drilled to play football in a certain way. 

Nor did he get any money to play with in January to try and shape a squad. 

Like that how can you judge his remit when he’s got one arm tied behind his back. In the Premier League. 

Smith was given mission impossible this! He's got our defence ever so slowly looking more solid. Even if we do go down, you have to give him time to build his own squad, see how he gets on and then judge him. He's done well considering!

• Thanks 1

Unbelieavable to me still that there were people here who preferred Smith to Knutsen. Knutsen being one of the most exciting coaches in Europe, but Smith was "Premier league proven" or some such. I still dont know whether he would have come here. Bodö a few days ago beat Roma for the second time in a season. Seems a bit more fun than battling relegation with us.

Dean Smith, I dont have too strong feelings about him.