chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Burnley (PL/H) *****

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Dear oh dear, Rowe looked our best bet bar Rashica to either set up or score, suddenly Dowell who has been very poor in his time here and really thought he was on his way now straight in! Smith needs a win and we have that line up! Well let’s see if he earns his wages today!

I see the players player is in yet again!

Eh? He was fantastic at times last season. The 7 nil win against Huddersfield has been reminisced recently, he was exceptional and pivotal to that performance. Yes, we're playing a much better standard today, but your comment is far from the truth. We need a Dowell full of confidence in the Championship next season.

The clamour for Rowe is bordering on delusional. He's looked bright in a handful of cameo appearances, that's it!

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think people are more (righlty) upset that he's starting over Rowe

Yeah, I get that. Dowell could've been given a go centrally with Rowe on the wing, and one of the midfielders could've dropped out. It would've been quite attacking, but we're only playing for the fun of it now anyway.

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Think that underestimates how mentally demanding top-level football is. One lapse of concentration and you let the opposition in. Asking a young kid to play 90 minutes is so much more demanding than 20-30. We're going down anyway. Let's ease Rowe into his City career.

Sensible post. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I think Smith and Shakey are at odds on Rowe, Shakey calling him ready to start yet Smith reluctance……trouble I see that line up will invite pressure with only one outlet and that’s Rashica’s pace!

Pukki totally Isolated upfront on his own again 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yeah, I get that. Dowell could've been given a go centrally with Rowe on the wing, and one of the midfielders could've dropped out. It would've been quite attacking, but we're only playing for the fun of it now anyway.

Agree with this, McLean out for Rowe and let's see what happens. At least it'd be trying something different, sadly Smith is just too boring to do something slightly attack minded. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Eh? He was fantastic at times last season. The 7 nil win against Huddersfield has been reminisced recently, he was exceptional and pivotal to that performance. Yes, we're playing a much better standard today, but your comment is far from the truth. We need a Dowell full of confidence in the Championship next season.

The clamour for Rowe is bordering on delusional. He's looked bright in a handful of cameo appearances, that's it!

Certainly agree about Dowell and the point about Rowe has its merits as well. I get the clamour to start Rowe, but it's not the travesty it is being made out to be. Also, the club have had concerns about his endurance long before he made his first team debut, apparently.

Leaving Rowe out makes sense against Burnley, he will get nothing but kicked.  The side does look a bit gutless, let’s hope I am wrong

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Indeed for a few games he’s been a decent championship player, but lest year he really didn’t get a regular start, majority of his games came from the bench!

Just don’t rate him, not much pace, light in the tackle and certainly struggles on the wing, number 10 maybe but I don’t think he’s playing 10 today!

3 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Yea, I'm gutted he's not playing too Robert. Group hug? 🤗

OTBC

I fear I've been misinterpreted

• Haha 1

Well if anyone doubted that Norwich City v Burnley was a boil on the butt of Sky’s football coverage this pm, then the match build-up certainly confirms it!

I know………..who can blame them?……….

1 minute ago, unique said:

Well if anyone doubted that Norwich City v Burnley was a boil on the butt of Sky’s football coverage this pm, then the match build-up certainly confirms it!

I know………..who can blame them?……….

Sky Sports main event. Norwich v Burnly. Main event. Gonna be one of their lowest viewing figures this year no doubt, probably gonnna sack whoever set it up🤣

Nothing to moan or argue about. It is what it is and whether some player is Delia's lovechild is irrelevant. But this shower are playing a team just above them. If they cannot get motivated to play hard and fast at home in front of a loyal crowd then they need shooting. Although for some it would just be a warning shot in the head.

With Rowe, two things.

1) He's not going to change the outcome of this season. There is still a mathematical chance we can stay up. Do we want to put that pressure on him?
2) With an eye on next season I think it's more important that he is prepared for that than it is he is started and tainted with the struggles and frustrations of this season.

I expect that once the mathematical chances are gone, we'll see other players given games. It's a shame but they're on a hiding to nothing. If Smith throws the towel in and plays the players that will be with us next season and he feels will be central to next season, fans will criticise him and the club for having given up. Play potentially the best side at the time of selection and they still get criticised.

Personally, I do think the regulars of this season should be played until it's impossible to stay up. No other players should have to suffer that, they were not good enough as a team, so I think it's important youngsters aren't dragged into that. Rowe isn't responsible for this season. Nor is Sorensen largely, and other fringe players.

• Like 1

This is going to sound awful...but I actually think this is our last game this season where we have any realistic chance of getting three points.

When we have got points this season, it's always been in games next to each other i.e. two or three games in a row we get points then none for ages.

So after getting a point at Brighton, I'm going for a 1-0 win. As ever, Pukki.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

We need a goal early to calm the nerves , if we let a goal in we hope to keep the score down,

11 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

We need a goal early to calm the nerves , if we let a goal in we hope to keep the score down,

Why would they have nerves? We're down. Most of them know no matter how badly they play they'll be in the team next week. There's nothing to be nervous about.

Perhaps unsurprising, but there's lots of empty seats at Carrow Road today...very noticeable on the telly

City up for the game - what a refreshing change- nice to see a win if we can today, it will drag Burnley into the relegation fold

43 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed for a few games he’s been a decent championship player, but lest year he really didn’t get a regular start, majority of his games came from the bench!

Just don’t rate him, not much pace, light in the tackle and certainly struggles on the wing, number 10 maybe but I don’t think he’s playing 10 today!

That was because he was injured. He was out for a while, before that he was a new signing competing to get in the side ahead of Buendia and Cantwell... which was always going to be tough for him.