Bradwell canary

Cantwell on the bench again…..

Doubt if Bournemouth will take him off our hands after the loan is up.

He has been on the bench for some weeks now, he thought he was too good for us, is not even playing in the championship now.

His worth must have dropped like a stone.

He is looking a bit like the Dela Ali late of Spurs, and now regularly on the EVERTON bench.

Their egos got them better of them, possibly their whole careers wasted at such young ages.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like he will be back next season unless we can mug a club off for a few quid.

Agree with this. But maybe if he gives his head a wobble, having time away from Norwich, a fresh midfield around him, he might… might… be worth keeping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like he will be back next season unless we can mug a club off for a few quid.

£3.50 and a signed Drmic shirt.

• Haha 3

He's become a social media footballer, couldn't care less if he came back. I was already of the opinion that- much like you hear about Pukki- TC isn't half as effective when he isn't in a side with Emi. 

Cantwell is only at Bournemouth as cover. They have better players than him. He's just there as insurance to ensure they get promotion over the line.

He'll be back here next season as we'll trigger the contract extension.

4 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I want him back. He’s a great talent that just needs to find his spark and we should help him do that

Fair to say we already gave him more chances than most and he still blew every one

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fair to say we already gave him more chances than most and he still blew every one

I know we did, and I get that, but I’d prefer we didn’t give up on a lad who really is one of our own. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is there no end to the bad news this season?

• Haha 1

Don’t want him back in green and yellow the man ( sorry baby)is a moaning whimp 

The very last thing we need in the summer is Cantwell hanging around NCFC. No way is he in Smith's plans so just let him go on a free and stop being obsessed with..........'getting a fee for him'. Next season we only want players who are 100% committed to the club. That clearly precludes the lad from Dereham.

• Like 1

Always stuck up for him in the past, but don't want him back his attitude is atrocious and quite frankly he's not good enough anymore. 

I wonder if not getting game time at Bournemouth will wake him up a bit. This does seem to take it from being a Norwich problem to being a Cantwell one, hopefully this will make him realise it and get himself together.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I wonder if not getting game time at Bournemouth will wake him up a bit. This does seem to take it from being a Norwich problem to being a Cantwell one, hopefully this will make him realise it and get himself together.

I would hope so, because any clubs monitoring the situation will be looking at the fact he's doing nothing at Bournemouth and think that he's not worth the time or money. There's a good player in there, seems to be in a similar situation to Dele Ali, a good footballer but just cannot get their head in the game

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

Cantwells steadily becoming a lost cause unfortunately!

Had some good moments spread over his best two seasons but wasn't consistant and he developed an over inflated ego!

Too slow which will only get worse with age, doesn't tackle, doesn't track back and hes nowhere near as good as he thinks he is! - All in all a bad recipe!

Seems there is only one way this goes positively....  comes back, he gets off social media and all the City fans get off his back!   Support him properly and help him through this.  

• Like 1

I agree he should get of social media and do his talking on the pitch!

I've supported him properly, but I also say it as it is and everything I've said is the truth!

• Like 1

Bit of a decision to be made if he does come back. Do we activate the one year extension, at a guess between 1 and 1.5 million, and look to sell or do we cut our losses and let him go? 

Guess we will take the extension but it’s not as cut and dried as it once was.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I may be wrong but wasn't there some sort of commitment by Bournemouth that they would buy Cantwell for £11m if they went up ?

I don't believe this was officially announced but I also understand this to be the case, commitment to buy on promotion. If not this would have been one hell of an awful decision to send him to Bournemouth with no purchase commitment. 

2 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I know we did, and I get that, but I’d prefer we didn’t give up on a lad who really is one of our own. 

Yup, if we can get the Cantwell back we had before this season, then yes please.

However, I do fear who and what is having an influence on him if this is the case. Reminds me a tad of players in the past who's careers go off track because of the distraction of voices of people who are not really their friends and not really very helpful to their health or their careers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

I don't believe this was officially announced but I also understand this to be the case, commitment to buy on promotion. If not this would have been one hell of an awful decision to send him to Bournemouth with no purchase commitment. 

Let's hope they get promoted then. I don't think it's in his or our interests for him to come back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

He's become a social media footballer, couldn't care less if he came back. I was already of the opinion that- much like you hear about Pukki- TC isn't half as effective when he isn't in a side with Emi. 

This is something I hear pretty regularly. The counter to that is sometimes players are a bit like jigsaw pieces. They arrive at the right time with the right players around them with the right manager to organise and lead them.

I think it's fair to say that Buendia is yet to hit the heights for Villa in the same way he did for us. Comparatively, Pukki has scored 8 times this season without him, and scored 11 times with him last time out. I think it's fair to say that Pukki isn't particularly struggling without Buendia. That isn't to suggest that Pukki wouldn't perhaps be doing better if Buendia was still here, just that in terms of goals, Pukki isn't that far off the total he got with Buendia in the side.

As for Cantwell, as with a lot of players, when you have multiple attacking threats, which we did in the Championship last season, teams struggle to cope. Concentrate on Buendia and you give more freedom to Cantwell. Concentrate on Pukki and you give more freedom to both wide attacking players or the AM arriving late into the box.

The difficulty in the Premier League is that the quality of the top half of the table teams is that the gulf in difference is almost the same as two divisions. What were fantastic attacking threats in the Championship, now look like a league apart unless playing bottom half of the table teams.

Would Pukki score more goals with the right service - yes, undoubtedly. I also think it's fair to say he could also have scored half a dozen goals or more by now too. At home to Leicester we could have been 3-0 up at half time, with Pukki missing a guilt edged chance or two.

Personally though, I do feel that Pukki, Stiepermann, Buendia, Hernandez, Cantwell, Vrancic, Hugill to an extent and Dowell were generally such a good fit for each other and just too much for championship teams to handle as a unit - going back 2-3 seasons. Premier league is a different matter. And without those familiar surroundings in terms of players, for varying reasons, several of them are not performing to the same levels.

• Like 1