Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Totally new blood needed

As much as I would love to see us playing the type of football that we were once known world-wide for playing, I have to disagree with many posters calling for an ex-city person to take over once the Worthy goes.

OK I feel that maybe Williams could do a job, but coaching a youth set up is completely different to managing a club where 25000 fans are watching and disecting your every decision.  I would still however like to see him in a coaching role.

Bowen is another that is proven to be a good coach, but no managerial experience.  Crook? Hmm difficult one.  Roberts? Ha ha, not a chance. 

I personally would like to see a clean sweep with outside ideas, enthusiasm and passion, as well as some sort of track record.  Names?  I think there are many who could do it, good young managers like Tilson and Parkinson.  Managers who have done good jobs on a shoe-string, and have done better than win only 21 out of 75 games.

OK Worthington is still here, but its only a matter of time.

Quite a lot of new blood is needed - a partner for Safri and two wide midfielders one on each flank to ensure we are competetive &&& creative in midfield,  as well as a new coaching staff, not just worthy replaced.

[quote user="fluffty"]

As much as I would love to see us playing the type of football that we were once known world-wide for playing, I have to disagree with many posters calling for an ex-city person to take over once the Worthy goes.

OK I feel that maybe Williams could do a job, but coaching a youth set up is completely different to managing a club where 25000 fans are watching and disecting your every decision.  I would still however like to see him in a coaching role.

Bowen is another that is proven to be a good coach, but no managerial experience.  Crook? Hmm difficult one.  Roberts? Ha ha, not a chance. 

I personally would like to see a clean sweep with outside ideas, enthusiasm and passion, as well as some sort of track record.  Names?  I think there are many who could do it, good young managers like Tilson and Parkinson.  Managers who have done good jobs on a shoe-string, and have done better than win only 21 out of 75 games.

OK Worthington is still here, but its only a matter of time.

[/quote]Done better winning more than 21 out of 75 in League one, two - thats a great reccord that is! Are you seriously asking people to compare managing a team for a season or two in League one or two to comparing a season in the premiership and a season in the championship suffering the fallout of rellegation?I''m sorry but to say they have a better track reccord when they have managed at a lower level is pushing it. Worthingtons reccord at this level is actually better than most at this level which is why I have said in the past we need someone better not possibly worse.The one thing I do not want City to slip back into is the up and downs of those years inbetween that we  try not to remember because of the pain where managers came and went and did little but seal the fate of many good players leaving.No if we have to I am prepared to stick by Worthington unless we can find someone else that is more of a dead cert to improve the situation and who isnt such a big risk otherwise I fear we will need more than Delia to pull us out again.So to the outers I advise caution - don''t be too hasty remember that Crewe are under good management with good history and realise that results in lower leagues don''t equate to good management and success in the higher leagues.Holloway has proved that to some extent. All I am saying is that in a desperate and sometimes blind attempt to clutch at ideas people in my view are actually taking a step back.O''Gradi - the longest serving manager in the league has a very good reccord, has brought through many young players from the accadamy who have gone on to play at a higher level - we have seen both Ashton and Rivers(who was good for his first season or so). To me he would be an ideal alternative as he has long term plans and knows how to work a squad.The difficulty would be in prising him away from the project that he has been working on for these long hard years. But then I think he would be able to go back if he didnt succeed here.The fans however will have to be patient whoever is brought in to replace Worthington should it happen. It may take a season it may take two - who knows and that is the risk that is to be taken should Worthington be replaced.

I actually find myself agreeing with you Chicken in as much as I would love to see Dario Gradi manage us. He seems an honest enough guy and his teams play football the way we all want to see Norwich play- passing the ball on the deck. I think you are right that we need to make the right appointment not just one for the sake of it, but for me the time is nigh. I wouldn''t mind going for Billy Davies at Preston but would he come here?

Nigel Worthington

TeamFromToGamesWonLostDrawn
Norwich 04-12-2000 Present  2591059559
Blackpool 08-07-1997 23-12-1999 134445634

Phil Parkinson

TeamFromToGamesWonLostDrawn
Colchester 25-02-2003 Present  174745149

Results don''t always tell the whole story however.  I would like to see someone take charge who can start us playing football again, with more positives about them and attacking values.  Not Brian Hamilton style lying positives, but real attacking flowing football along with a positive outlook towards games...  cmon Burley have that bust up with Lowe!!!

Having said that I do totally agree chicken, managing a club like norwich is going to be a far greater task than managing Colchester United.  But as they say, every manager to start somewhere, and remember George Burley and Mike Walker both started at Colchester!! 

I may get crucified for this but I would rather see somone like Bobby Robson take charge, he still has a passion for the game and could instil the beleif and footballing values we currently miss so badly.

As you result stats don''t always show the picture . you mention Blackpool  . what the stats don''t show is the demonstrations, police guard. water bottles tickets etc being thrown at the dug out..  The press up in Blackpool were a little more forthright in some of their reporting ...  I have spoken to several Pool fans.. via the net and one in person..  and they felt that after 3 years the club was only just getting over the mess they felt worthington had left.   A team of work houses, no reserve side to speak off and a vastly split fan base.

Sounds familar.

anyways to the point .. there is only one man at the club who could do anything and thats Dave Williams,  from what I can gain.. he is more detatched  from the worthington regime ..than most would think.    But perhaps what is needed is totally new people from outside of the club and an appointment of a director of football .. so someone cannot talk the talk without walking the walk