Sign in to follow this  
STAN

DS. “I don’t know how the fans are feeling”

“I don’t know how all the fans are feeling. I don’t phone everyone up and I don’t read social media,” Smith said. 

“I’ve always said that it is about the players going out there and performing, then the fans can feed off that.” 

In other words if we play better, the fans will be happier - disgraceful 🤔

• Like 1

Deano's quotes were lost in translation.....It's his Brummy accent....

Although I bet Deano knows all the words to Jasper Carrot's 'Funky Moped'....."Roide Roide Roide".....

I’d be quite concerned if any football manager paid attention to social media. My belief is all of us on here know next to nothing about football and are best ignored. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, corbs said:

I’d be quite concerned if any football manager paid attention to social media. My belief is all of us on here know next to nothing about football and are best ignored. 

Agreed.

Talking of Villa, played Golf with Alun Evans the old Villa and Scotland CB. Seemed a decent bloke but like all of them doesn't talk football anymore.

Coincidence, we had Hail while we were staring at Hayle across the estuary.

On 08/04/2022 at 12:16, Branston Pickle said:

Yup - and all with no mitigating circumstances at all, at one point I think it was 12 out either with covid or injured.  With our squad we should be right up there….

And so did every other team at some point this season! We’re not alone in Covid and injuries! There’s little to no improvement and as nice a chap as he is he definitely a question mark on his connection to the club and definitely by the sounds of it not most of the fans!

Edited by Indy

On 08/04/2022 at 16:41, yellowrider120 said:

If the natives do 'turn' on Sunday then the unfortunate element will be that the fury will (in all likelihood) be pointed in the wrong direction. Firstly some poor soul, possibly Gilmour and / or McLean will be the targets. I'm not defending their performances this season but fans turning on their own players is always wrong UNLESS said players have clearly shown obvious disrespect to the club and / or teammates. Secondly, D Smith (manager not owner) will come under attack despite the fact that he inherited a real poison chalice from Herr Farke and his buddy (or perhaps 'ex' buddy now!) Webber.

If the fans want to rise in revolt then the targets should be those doddering geriatrics from Stowmarket closely followed by the puffed up Webber. We await to see what transpires.     

I hope that if the crowd do turn it's directed at Webber for his poor recruitment last summer. Following Michael Baileys interview on Anglia TV a couple of weeks ago when he said the reason for our underperforming was down to poor recruitment I thought lets review our recruitment. During the summer we brought in nine new players three home grown six from abroad. Home grown Gunn reserve keeper, Gilmore doesn't fit our style of play and Williams a right footed player to play left back!

Six from abroad - bearing in mind it normally takes time for foreign players to adapt to the EPL this was a risky move. As we move to the seasons end it is apparent that none of these have adjusted to the pace and requirements of the EPL. Kabak and Norman seem injury prone, Rashica and PLM look about Championship standard, Sargent I feel there are better non league players and Tzolis who knows. Add to these Gibson who looks shot of confidence after last season and Giannoulis who looks a neat left sided player but not a full back (probably best playing in front of the back).

I thought like many at the start of the season our recruitment looked promising but am underwhelmed. Whilst I appreciate transfers can be hit or miss alround I feel we could have got better value in this country and after Webbers dig about previous recruitment he must be held accountable for this shambles.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2022 at 12:41, yellowrider120 said:

If the natives do 'turn' on Sunday then the unfortunate element will be that the fury will (in all likelihood) be pointed in the wrong direction. Firstly some poor soul, possibly Gilmour and / or McLean will be the targets. I'm not defending their performances this season but fans turning on their own players is always wrong UNLESS said players have clearly shown obvious disrespect to the club and / or teammates. Secondly, D Smith (manager not owner) will come under attack despite the fact that he inherited a real poison chalice from Herr Farke and his buddy (or perhaps 'ex' buddy now!) Webber.

If the fans want to rise in revolt then the targets should be those doddering geriatrics from Stowmarket closely followed by the puffed up Webber. We await to see what transpires.     

We await to see what transpires. Good post 📫 👌 and I love the description of the genius webber. 👏(puffed up Webber)🤭🤣😉. He should be feeling like a burst balloon 🎈 by now. Absolute Pr!ck He is. 

On 08/04/2022 at 12:07, cambridgeshire canary said:

And then we sack the next manager who doesn't give us instant result and we end up in an endless loop of sacking and replacements every three months.

Bore off. Give him a season with a squad he builds himself next season

Can't see Webber giving him much to play with.