Sign in to follow this  
STAN

DS. “I don’t know how the fans are feeling”

The latest from the Deano’s Burnley press conference…

“I don’t know how the fans are feeling, as I don’t phone them up or look at social media”

How did we end up with this numpty? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

He might just find out how the fans feel on Sunday if we turn in yet another uninspiring performance.

• Like 2

Hope he is replaced in the summer. I also don't feel he wants to be here.

Sacking him wouldn't be without warrant - we have literally seen zero signs of improvement since he came in.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Wasn't it Burnley at home, on a Sunday that did for Worthy? Lost 1-4

Yes, I remember that game. Now that was a toxic atmosphere

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Sacking him wouldn't be without warrant - we have literally seen zero signs of improvement since he came in.

And then we sack the next manager who doesn't give us instant result and we end up in an endless loop of sacking and replacements every three months.

Bore off. Give him a season with a squad he builds himself next season

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And then we sack the next manager who doesn't give us instant result and we end up in an endless loop of sacking and replacements every three months.

Bore off. Give him a season with a squad he builds himself next season

Instant results? 😂 "Bore off" - he's had 5 months in charge and nothing has improved. When a new manager comes in, you expect to see some element of improvement. Our "new manager bounce" lasted one match. Which arguably could have been won by Farke as he had won his final match anyway.

The results and performances over the Xmas period and the last 5-6 weeks have been nothing short of horrific.

Edited by alex_ncfc
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Instant results? 😂 "Bore off" - he's had 5 months in charge and nothing has improved. When a new manager comes in, you expect to see some element of improvement. Our "new manager bounce" lasted one match. Which arguably could have been won by Farke as he had won his final match anyway.

The results and performances over the Xmas period and the last 5-6 weeks have been nothing short of horrific.

Yup - and all with no mitigating circumstances at all, at one point I think it was 12 out either with covid or injured.  With our squad we should be right up there….

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

I hate to disappoint you but an acquaintance of mine was talking to his wife a week or so ago and she said they had just purchased a house here.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yup - and all with no mitigating circumstances at all, at one point I think it was 12 out either with covid or injured.  With our squad we should be right up there….

You can't use the covid or injury excuses for our latest capitulations.

No one is saying we should be "right up there" - but we have gained 13 points since he joined. That is pathetic.

• Like 1

To be fair to him should he lie? He probably doesn’t know how we are feeling. He seems to like to isolate himself from all this noise which I can agree is a good idea.

He should do a pinkun AMA and watch the fur fly!

• Like 2

we need to give him time, I'm told by a friend of mine who lives in the Birmingham area, that he's a top guy and passionate about football and they feel he was harshly treated by Villa. - Given time and a little bit of license in the transfer market - even if it's sell to buy. I just hope he brings a style that entertains.

Last Saturday was Houghton revisited, so bad after 60 minutes I turned over and watched Cambridge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Great Drinkell said:

we need to give him time, I'm told by a friend of mine who lives in the Birmingham area, that he's a top guy and passionate about football and they feel he was harshly treated by Villa. - Given time and a little bit of license in the transfer market - even if it's sell to buy. I just hope he brings a style that entertains.

Last Saturday was Houghton revisited, so bad after 60 minutes I turned over and watched Cambridge.

Houghton. Really.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

To be fair to him should he lie? He probably doesn’t know how we are feeling. He seems to like to isolate himself from all this noise which I can agree is a good idea.

He should do a pinkun AMA and watch the fur fly!

Exactly this, I'd be far more worried if our manager vacillated over every decision thinking "what could the fans think?"

As Webber regularly said, "ignore the noise". As passionate as we can be, our state is this, just noise.

44 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

We have literally got a better points per game ratio compared to Farke’s at the start of the season. It’s still $hite but it’s better than the zero improvement you’re banging on about.

• Like 3

The guy needs time and why would he also need to look at social media etc to understand how we are feeling? We are bottom, all but down, and it is the tail end of a very disappointing season. 

He is not going to see pleasant things that will help in any way, is he? What we feel at this point is almost irrelevant to his job. He will know we are poor, he will know he needs to make changes and he will know he doesn't have the time or resources to do it before the end of the season.

If he IS a good manager, he will also already be thinking about preparing for next season. The polarised opinions of Big Vince and Lakey aren't going to do him any favours. He is not going to visit this forum for inspiration or suggestions that Rudd is better than De Gea or to 'give the kids a try'.

Let him get on with what he needs to do.

• Like 5

Dear Dean/ Deano / Mr Smith / Barry Chuckle,
I would love you to have your P45 and frankly think you have done nothing good for our club since your appointment. I am really pi$$ed off with Webber for appointing you and keep seeing your team sheet and face palming to see the Krankies through the middle every week. It leads me to believe you are even more inept than I thought.
Please do us a favour and resign asap so someone can stamp their mark on our club and stop this long ball direct non sense you seem to be investing in.
Yours 
" A fan"

There you go that's how i feel anyway, feel free to DM that to him so he has a flavor of the mood.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was interesting listening to the last Pinkun podcast. They were talking about how animated and upset Smith and Shaky were looking on the sidelines in last few games and how Smith was literally losing his patience within 10 mins of the last match as players were doing simple things wrong.

We can argue for ages about why Smith and Shaky haven’t got the most out of these players and there’s numerous mitigating factors for that but I do think over the last few games a lot of those players look disinterested.

Then the issue is you look at our bench and bar one or two choices the team pretty much picks itself and the options to mix things up are almost non existent.

I don’t think Smiths done as good a job as he could have done but I think there’s plenty of reasons for that beyond his ability and I think he deserves a summer to grab these players and shape them into something competitive. I don’t see the point in sacking him given the absolute state of the squad he had at his disposal.

• Like 4

It may well be an honest answer and he may be a good man.... but it's a ridiculous thing to actually say!

At a time when we are in a complete slump and playing some of the worse football we have seen for years its a stupid comment which  will inevitably just wind a section of the fan base up.

He doesnt need to look at social media or phone people up - if he looked at our league position, recent results and the performance on Saturday then he should know exactly how us fans feel.

I've a feeling he'd be feeling the same as us if he's beloved Villa were in the same position.

I want to give him a chance with his own team but he is not exactly endearing himself to the fans.

• Like 5

I don't believe for one minute that he doesn't know how the fans are feeling.

Regardless, he needs more of an opportunity to prove himself and for that he'll need a totally supportive and focused Dof.

Over to you Webber!

2 hours ago, STAN said:

The latest from the Deano’s Burnley press conference…

“I don’t know how the fans are feeling, as I don’t phone them up or look at social media”

How did we end up with this numpty? 

Its probably best he doesn't know.

38 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

The guy needs time and why would he also need to look at social media etc to understand how we are feeling? We are bottom, all but down, and it is the tail end of a very disappointing season. 

More fundamentally, social media is no guide to how people are feeling. Those who post frequently, are by definition different from those who do not.

It was a throwaway remark; not a particularly well-judged one, but nothing of any real significance.

It will no doubt however, provide those who want to with a further stick to beat him. 

It will be progress on the football pitch, or lack of it, which will really determine his fate, rather than an off-the-cuff remark at a press conference.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't believe for one minute that he doesn't know how the fans are feeling.

Regardless, he needs more of an opportunity to prove himself and for that he'll need a totally supportive and focused Dof.

Over to you Webber!

For sure he knows how the fans are feeling. Without a doubt.

It's all about him and Shakey now . The other being Webber is far to busy with An extracurricular activity (ECA).

• Haha 1

Frankly takes the pi$$ that we are all preparing for relegation and the club needs a rebuild while our CEO is busy preparing for a jolly up Everest.
He should be told to do his job and he can climb the super mountain once we are established in the Prem.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

More fundamentally, social media is no guide to how people are feeling. Those who post frequently, are by definition different from those who do not.

It was a throwaway remark; not a particularly well-judged one, but nothing of any real significance.

It will no doubt however, provide those who want to with a further stick to beat him. 

It will be progress on the football pitch, or lack of it, which will really determine his fate, rather than an off-the-cuff remark at a press conference.

Spot on Handsome.🤭

Absolutely right that we sacked Farke and replaced with Smith this season...a few weeks too late aswell ...as we had to try something.

But....should we go down and were he up for it , I have Farke back for another Championship season. At least he has a style that he knows works in that league.

I just dont know how Smith will attempt to have us play next season

I cant see him winning the league with 92+ pts as we twice did with Farke, I could see us more ending up like WBA this season with Bruce

• Like 1

Smith’s Villa scored 96 goals across his two full Premier League seasons. Where’s this notion coming from that he plays defensive football?

Some are forgetting that we have little to no creativity in midfield and one fit striker. Smith has been far from perfect but at least judge him after having a better equipped squad.

I quite like Smith’s down to earth and sensible persona. He will never have a Farke personality, but I do find him quite honest in his post match interviews, and doesn’t throw his players under the bus, regardless of how hopeless they have been. Unlike the previous head coach he doesn’t concede the game before we play every top six side either.

Edited by (Hoola)Han Solo
  • Like 3