Looks like three from four, with Everton well and truly joined the party. It's going to be fascinating to see who can muster the fight and desire to get that coveted 17th place.  

We can still have a big say in it and if we should beat Burnley, it makes things a bit more interesting for us, but if Burnley beat us, they will put themselves in the driving seat.

If we can find a spark of form and a bit of confidence, we can still make it a race to the line.  Watford, Burnley and Everton are down near the bottom for a reason, they are all cack, so there is still something to aim at. 

All to play for.....are the players up for it? They'd better be - there is still an opportunity to achieve something  this season. 

• Like 3

Regardless of relegation, it would be nice to not finish bottom and to improve on our last points talley in this league.

IF we win and other results go our way then we start to be 'in the mix' again but it doesn't look like we've got enough to push it any further.

Smith v Hodgson v Lampard v Dyche.

Fascinating finale, but our current chronic form doesn't suggest we'll be in it too much longer.

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Regardless of relegation, it would be nice to not finish bottom and to improve on our last points talley in this league.

IF we win and other results go our way then we start to be 'in the mix' again but it doesn't look like we've got enough to push it any further.

I mean we are going down but yeah , not finishig bottom would be nice I guess..

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, agree with this, just want to hit 22+ points and finish above Watford. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Looks like three from four, with Everton well and truly joined the party. It's going to be fascinating to see who can muster the fight and desire to get that coveted 17th place.  

We can still have a big say in it and if we should beat Burnley, it makes things a bit more interesting for us, but if Burnley beat us, they will put themselves in the driving seat.

If we can find a spark of form and a bit of confidence, we can still make it a race to the line.  Watford, Burnley and Everton are down near the bottom for a reason, they are all cack, so there is still something to aim at. 

All to play for.....are the players up for it? They'd better be - there is still an opportunity to achieve something  this season. 

🎣🎣🎣

We have no say.... we're down and out, as you know.

But it will be interesting to see the battle between Burnley Everton and Leeds, who are all fighting to avoid the last relegation spot. 

41 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

🎣🎣🎣

We have no say.... we're down and out, as you know.

But it will be interesting to see the battle between Burnley Everton and Leeds, who are all fighting to avoid the last relegation spot. 

I really don't think Leeds are in the mix anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Flip flop, flip flop. Only last week you resigned yourself to relegation being nailed on. So what has happened in the last 10 days or so for the renewed optimism? We're still as sh1te as we were. It's not 3 from 4, it's 2 from 3. Don't kid yourself

• Like 3

Got to win on Sunday, no choice .

My team - goalie and back four same as Brighton. Midfield how about Aarons, Sorenson and Williams, with three up front .

Couldn't do any worse and mid field are defenders who like to go forward.  Nothing to lose as others in midfield have failed badly.

57 minutes ago, Grando said:

They will be if Watford beat them at home this weekend

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

They will be if Watford beat them at home this weekend

1 hour ago, Grando said:

Screenshot_20220407-115508_Flashscore UK.jpg

46 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Leeds have got to get something from the next two games, after that come Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City.

Is Phillips back fully for your lot now?

1 hour ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Flip flop, flip flop. Only last week you resigned yourself to relegation being nailed on. So what has happened in the last 10 days or so for the renewed optimism? We're still as sh1te as we were. It's not 3 from 4, it's 2 from 3. Don't kid yourself

I'm not particularly optimistic - it is what it is - a six pointer. Win it and there will be a small spark of optimism we can take it further and make it interesting.

If Watford, Burnley and Everton ‘are all crack’, what on earth would you use to describe Norwich???…

….and it’s now two from three - credit due the Norwich players for making the club irrelevant with so many matches still to play.

34 minutes ago, unique said:

credit due the Norwich players for making the club irrelevant with so many matches still to play.

We were irrelevant to this league from matchday 1.  Credit needs to be paid higher up the chain.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Is Phillips back fully for your lot now?

Yes and Cooper, should make a difference defensively but we miss Bamford more than anyone so goals are a struggle.

I remember when some bookies paid out early on Man Utd winning the PL, which they then failed to do. As far as I can see you can still get odds on us staying up with most bookies, ranging from 16/1 to 40/1. Leicester were 5,000/1 to win the PL in 2015/16. Stranger things than us staying up have happened.

I can't see us doing anything other than finishing bottom from here. Would love to be proved wrong though!

What scramble it is a straight fight between Everton and Burnley.  But Burnley must be favourites after they win Sunday.  after yesterday I witnessed a team playing with spirit and with a quality sadly laking at Carrow Rd.  A team with a solid defence and an attack who can score goals.  One team is already down, I'll let you guess who that maybe.  And Watford have an easy game with Everton to come but few other chances to pick up points.  A decent effort from us will be acceptable in prepration for next season, how about a functioning midfield.

Sorry but the prospect of finishing 18th or 19th rather than 20th during the last leg of the season does not enthral me whatsoever.

Nor can I imagine it getting the players' blood pumping, I mean nothing has so far this season for any length of time so why would it change now? 

Screenshot_20220407-155331_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.f14099b2730f36e535d09b39bf2bb99e.jpgScreenshot_20220407-155343_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.d39ed6f612997a979a53d946da3edbe1.jpg

4 hours ago, Grando said:

You would think they are safe but thinking back to us in 1995, perhaps not. 

Screenshot_20220407-155021_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.73013abe59d59dcf5c1cad5d64b6c250.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Sorry but the prospect of finishing 18th or 19th rather than 20th during the last leg of the season does not enthral me whatsoever.

Nor can I imagine it getting the players' blood pumping, I mean nothing has so far this season for any length of time so why would it change now? 

Don't forget merit money. It's quite hefty. Maybe a million+

Finishing even a place below bottom is quite rewarding.

Enough to cater for Pukki's demands, surely. 

Burnley will physically overpower us on Sunday and probably win by three goals. Why anyone thinks we are suddenly going to start winning games is beyond me. 

7 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Burnley will physically overpower us on Sunday and probably win by three goals. Why anyone thinks we are suddenly going to start winning games is beyond me. 

They didn't physically overpower us at their place earlier this season - quite the opposite, we gave as good as we got. No-one suddenly thinks we are going to start to win games either, but it is still something to aim for - and even given the poor performance last week, we picked up a point and had the opportunity to win the match with Rashica's chance.

When Lakey says he isn’t overly optimistic then you know we are in real trouble! 

It’s not the points needed - hasn’t been for a while. It’s the performances, tbe goals against, the lack of goals for, the inability to fight from a goal down, the mental weakness, the lack of fight, the lack of style and tactic- and ultimately the lack of requisite quality. 

This team couldn’t enter a gritty relegation scrap for love nor money. See you in the champs next season 

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We picked up a point and had the opportunity to win the match with Rashica's chance.

They managed 31 shots we had 6. They missed a penalty, forced Krul into a number of saves including a point blank header, and they also missed the target with various chances in and around the penalty box.

So yes, ignoring all of that, if the one vaguely meaningful chance we created went in maybe we’d have won…

I’m sure we have opportunities to win most matches if you simply ignore everything the opponent created and only count our own chances 😆

20 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Screenshot_20220407-115508_Flashscore UK.jpg

Leeds deffo in the mix. More so than us. I’d say they have as much chance as relegation as Watford do of survival.

Big if but if every team now won every game they have left then Leeds are down. While that’s the case they are surely in it.

If it comes to the final day and a side is 3 or less points away from 18th then it’s anyones game.