Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pukki contact with celta vigo

Pukki without Emi may not be the scorer we've become accustomed to in the championship.  50-60k/week pays for a pretty competent attacker at that level, one who brings either more pace or a more physical presence.

We're not playing farkeball, we haven't got a wizard, and Pukki (to me) looks pretty worn down since the poor euros he experienced.

The club should put focus on building around players like Rashica, and combining with a forward that can feed from that threat out wide and crosses coming in.

Furthermore we should be investing more playtime and experience into our talent such as Tzolis, Sorensen and Dimi for the remainder of this season.  At the very least get Tzolis behind Pukki and see what he can do central.  Drop out Normann or Billy for Sorensen. 

Then we'll see how Pukki can work within a team of our own investments and make a better judgement on how critical he is for us.  He's already spending most his time chasing lost clauses, which can't be the greatest motivation for the guy.  I'd be pig sick of this club if I were him.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Pukki without Emi may not be the scorer we've become accustomed to in the championship.  50-60k/week pays for a pretty competent attacker at that level, one who brings either more pace or a more physical presence.

We're not playing farkeball, we haven't got a wizard, and Pukki (to me) looks pretty worn down since the poor euros he experienced.

The club should put focus on building around players like Rashica, and combining with a forward that can feed from that threat out wide and crosses coming in.

Furthermore we should be investing more playtime and experience into our talent such as Tzolis, Sorensen and Dimi for the remainder of this season.  At the very least get Tzolis behind Pukki and see what he can do central.  Drop out Normann or Billy for Sorensen. 

Then we'll see how Pukki can work within a team of our own investments and make a better judgement on how critical he is for us.  He's already spending most his time chasing lost clauses, which can't be the greatest motivation for the guy.  I'd be pig sick of this club if I were him.

An interesting opinion.

Having seen Celta Vigo in the flesh earlier this season, they are certainly a Farke ball type of team.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Pukki isn't going to move country for less than a 2yr contract, possibly even 3. We'll have to match it. Tough decision for NCFC as it's going to restrict what we can do elsewhere to strengthen the squad. 

Actually, finnish paper had interesting notion that it will be two more seasons before Pukki's daughter is at school age. Due to that, I'd guess it is 2 year contract that he is looking for and will decide after that if he and his family wants to move back to Finland or still has desire and steam left to play in top leagues.

Given our current striking options, if the club doesn't have him playing for us next season then we really are in the... add to that Hanley who has been one of very few to play well this year. 

Personally I think Pukki should be allowed to do what he wants. He has been unbelievable for us since the moment he joined. If wants to stay give him the 50k it’s peanuts if he wants to leave don’t be difficult about it he has done more than enough for the club.

• Like 2