2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Two fairly soft penalties. When Gary Neville says "it's the greatest Premier League ever" for marketing hype he's not referring to games like these.

Anyone would think that the powers that be would rather Frank Lampards Everton didn't get relegated... Shame Burnley didn't get the memo

37 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Can see Everton sacking Lampard before Saturday....as for who they would bring in to save the day?...they've already been down the Big Sam route once..

I can’t see it, it’s too late. Frank needs to fight and scrap to stay up because if they go down he won’t get a premier league job for years and years, maybe not ever again. His managerial career depends on staying up. 

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I can’t see it, it’s too late. Frank needs to fight and scrap to stay up because if they go down he won’t get a premier league job for years and years, maybe not ever again. His managerial career depends on staying up. 

He's going to take them down if he stays. I wouldnt be surprised if both Burnley and Watford overtake them...theyve got 8 games left to roll the dice

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

14 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Would've been a better position I'f they'd have given it to Duncan Ferguson til the end of the season.

There January transfer business of El Ghazi, Van Den Beek & Alli has worked out well with their grand total of zero goals and assists between them

“KenSh*** and ***shiri. Cretins. Sell up you ****holes”, assume these Evertonian views are not from their happy clapper evangelical fan base 

FL was a terrible appointment, big Duncan would have organised them and made sure they fought hard.

11 minutes ago, corbs said:

“KenSh*** and ***shiri. Cretins. Sell up you ****holes”, assume these Evertonian views are not from their happy clapper evangelical fan base 

Turns out even if you spend hundreds of millions on players and then some more on attracting elite managers, it makes no difference if you struggle on the pitch..

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Turns out even if you spend hundreds of millions on players and then some more on attracting elite managers, it makes no difference if you struggle on the pitch..

Webber? Is that you?

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Webber? Is that you?

If you want to credit Webber with being factual then thats up to you 🙃

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

remember when lots on here for screaming for Lampard to be our manager?

Not lots. We may be stupid, but we're not that stupid.

10 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Enjoyed tonight's result and I am just going to drop this here in case anyone wonders why...

image.png.22562cca8968fc2904e510efac2c7905.png

Chalk and cheese my friend , currently if we played those same 3 teams we would not record 3 wins ….. how many sugars in your coffee would you like before you wake up and smell it !

• Haha 1

Everton are a total shambles if they don’t manage to get relegated this year then everyone associated with the club can say with confidence they will never be relegated.

People think Norwich make bad decisions. Appointing Beneitiz was never going to work then sacking him when he would obviously be able to guide them to a safety. Then to appoint Lampard someone who hasn’t a clue how to deal with a relegation dog fight.

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Not lots. We may be stupid, but we're not that stupid.

The point is we weren't screaming for Dean Smith either.

22 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Chalk and cheese my friend , currently if we played those same 3 teams we would not record 3 wins ….. how many sugars in your coffee would you like before you wake up and smell it !

You've missed the point on this one mate.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Heading South said:

I think you're missing the point....

• Haha 1

Newcastle have bought themselves safety, so it does work.

Still a way to go and if we beat Burnley on Sunday it does Everton a massive favour.

It's hilarious that Lampard turned down Palace (and us possibly) because he thought himself above them and a relegation scrap. 

The guy is an absolute fraud of a manager, seems to think because he had the Chelsea job he should just be able to walk in to another big club because of his name but he's useless. 

9 hours ago, WD40 said:

Webber? Is that you?

If you think his point is incorrect you could debate it with him...

(More in hope than expectation 😉)

35 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Those are the games in hand Coventry had after the end of the 85 season when we got relegated, they had to win all three to stay up and relegate us, needless to say their opponents were definitely on the beach!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Newcastle have bought themselves safety, so it does work.

Still a way to go and if we beat Burnley on Sunday it does Everton a massive favour.

They’re not safe yet and neither are Brentford or Brighton. All need another win at least to breathe easy and if that doesn’t come in the next couple of games could start to sweat. The PL below 8th seems to be very streaky so I wouldn’t completely discount late win streaks (even for Norwich!) or losing streaks coming at precisely the wrong moment. 

1 minute ago, aBee said:

They’re not safe yet and neither are Brentford or Brighton. All need another win at least to breathe easy and if that doesn’t come in the next couple of games could start to sweat. The PL below 8th seems to be very streaky so I wouldn’t completely discount late win streaks (even for Norwich!) or losing streaks coming at precisely the wrong moment. 

Clearly not seen us play enough!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Clearly not seen us play enough!

Live, just the two games against the Bees and against Liverpool on the telly. It’s a tall ask but perhaps Smith can reproduce what he did with Villa after the resumption in 19-20 after they looked pretty dead. 

It’d not be pretty but take a leaf from Burnley’s book and ask whether you’d mind their resolve to win against Everton. The bottom five are all quite fragile and lacking in quality so the ones who find toughness and organisation in the run in will have the best chance. The belief of the home crowd will help (and make it more fun!). You’ve got four winnable games coming up, two at home. 

Burnley you need to just keep going against. Man U are flaky as in leadership doldrums. Newcastle are not that different to how they were earlier in the season just more positive and organised. Villa are flaky. 

4 hours ago, Rivvo said:

Those are the games in hand Coventry had after the end of the 85 season when we got relegated, they had to win all three to stay up and relegate us, needless to say their opponents were definitely on the beach!

The point being that Everton were Champions but this game was played about 2 weeks after the season ended and they didn't care, having already won the League, the Cup Winners Cup and lost the FA Cup Final.

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

The point being that Everton were Champions but this game was played about 2 weeks after the season ended and they didn't care, having already won the League, the Cup Winners Cup and lost the FA Cup Final.

I’m aware of that, the person I was quoting didn’t appear to be.