Sign in to follow this  
westoncanary.

Have we missed the play-offs?

If they didn''t have three games in hand over us then you could be slightly optimistic about it. Our Play-Off hopes are long gone.

Stop those thoughts now.  Preston have 3 games in hand and are on a good run at the moment, the could soon be 15 points ahead and I expect them to get at least 4 points from those games in hand.  To really have a chance we would need to win prety much all of our games and I cannot see that happening

If this rabble made the play offs it would be the injustice of the century , we have no chance whatsoever Leeds will  beat us by 3 or 4 next weekend once again bringing we must work harder comments from the clown in charge.

Much as I think it''s time for managerial change, I''d love us to make the playoffs - but having witnessed our ''performances'' against the sides who currently occupy the playoff places, that six points may as well be 60. The gulf in class between us and Palace, Leeds,Watford and Preston is huge - which is precisely why the club is going through the troubles it is at present.

don''t stop those thoughts. its incredibly unlikely, but we should never

stop fighting till its mathematically impossible. football is too

unpredictable a sport to ever be resigned to defeat. its the teams that

give up fighting that give up the chances for the greatest glory. not

exactly a direct comparison, i know, but never giving up even when all

seems impossible is what has made man utd both a great team and

european champions in the past.

it is very unlikely though of course.

Who knows, if our performances improve and other teams "blow up". That said I would image the Preston will get 4 points from their games in hand, which means we would have to win at their place to close the gap.

[quote user="Paul Aldrich"]Who knows, if our performances improve and other teams "blow up". That said I would image the Preston will get 4 points from their games in hand, which means we would have to win at their place to close the gap.[/quote]

Maybe we have sent Jarrett to Preston as a Trojan Horse!

Whilst the play offs are a bridge too far for us I do have a concern that Ips**t are one point ahead of us and have lesser opposition in their remaining games - if we got our act together and achieved results against the teams above us that we have still to play i.e. Wolves, Cardiff, Leeds, Preston, Sheff Utd we could act as the spoiler that gets another team into the play-offs and on current form it would be them![&]

Lets forget about the playoffs - if only to ensure that we don''t help the binmen out!

the playoffs died weeks ago IMO....

even if we did some how muddle our way to them would we really win??? Leeds, Watford, Preston or Palace would beat the beejeezus out of us.... Like all 4 alreay have this season....

and if we did muddle through them and go up id shudder to see us with the current squad! we''d be worse than Sunderland!

jas :)

The way we are playing. play offs are laughable to even ask the question creativity in our midfield at the moment is zero about the same as the passion inside carrow rd zero everything at the club at the moment adds up to a big fat zero.The last person to leave the club please turn out the lights and we know who that will be dont we.

Always Travellin - Good to see an old sparring partner back on the Board, but your outlook seems to have changed. Any particular reason for that? 

[quote user="westoncanary."]Woops, didn''t see the games in hand bit!! Yellow & Green specs on maybe. Game over.[/quote]

its been over for weeks

atleast wwe can see how our new youth products are going to fit in and how good they are......

........ oh damn wait a minute, worthington doesnt know what youth players are......

[quote user="westoncanary."]Only 6 points behind Preston now, unlikely(?) but not an impossible task. What are your thoughts?[/quote]

We have 9 matches to play and 5 teams are above us, so if we can have a crazy run to win all 9 matches, we can still make it, but of course it won''t be easy to be honest. But now we have Leon back, Shacks back and Hucks on fire, finger cross.

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Always Travellin - Good to see an old sparring partner back on the Board, but your outlook seems to have changed. Any particular reason for that? [/quote]I said all along i would give him till start of new year but after watching us beat leicester i came home depressed.Then the fiasco against the scum not to mention palace away then we beat stoke but i was still depressed.We are playing shite football and picking up the odd lucky win. We need a jason koumas type player everybody knows this apart from worthless foley and livermore.Good to see us on the same side for a change.I think after leeds and sheff utd he will be gone i will not be going again until him and his so called coaches have gone.

sorry to see you so down mate - almost prefered the argumentative version! 

Hopefully things will improve come the new season - thats the only reason you can renew (for me anyway) hope that things can get better and respect our once proud footballing history