nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

Striving to make sense of the Ukraine war

7 hours ago, 7HAR1980 said:

I get it, anyone that disagrees with you is a Putin supporter. 

You are purely wrong on this issue. Suck it up princess.

That would sound better if you weren't actually a putin supporter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I had quite a few real world Russian friends, well-educated classical musicians living in London for decades who were very much on Putin's hymn sheet in the run up to the invasion. Fact is a lot of Russians bought into this invasion all the way up to when they started seeing friends and family drafted and sent to the front line to die on arrival.

Putin's there because a lot of Russians kept choosing him right up to the point where he took the choice away.

Sure, plenty will. However his elections were never that free and fair so how much choice did they really have in the matter?

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sure, plenty will. However his elections were never that free and fair so how much choice did they really have in the matter?

They had choice earlier on, and plenty still believe it. Like I said, London-based Russians I knew personally were parroting Putin's rhetoric in the build up, then switched to posting more 'poor me' posts about the objections they were getting than they were for the people being killed in the invasion they'd been excusing. Needless to say, I've broken contact with them.

It's 'not all Russians'. Fine, that's a no brainer, but that doesn't absolve the brainwashed masses of the Russian people collectively in my eyes. How you look at it is up to you.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

They had choice earlier on, and plenty still believe it. Like I said, London-based Russians I knew personally were parroting Putin's rhetoric in the build up, then switched to posting more 'poor me' posts about the objections they were getting than they were for the people being killed in the invasion they'd been excusing. Needless to say, I've broken contact with them.

It's 'not all Russians'. Fine, that's a no brainer, but that doesn't absolve the brainwashed masses of the Russian people collectively in my eyes. How you look at it is up to you.

That’s true you only have to look at our own country to see how easy it is to lie and brainwash 51% of any population by Brexit! And some still believe it was the correct thing to do and love a bumbling law breaking idiot! They’d have him back as leader!

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s true you only have to look at our own country to see how easy it is to lie and brainwash 51% of any population by Brexit! And some still believe it was the correct thing to do and love a bumbling law breaking idiot! They’d have him back as leader!

Have to agree with the Brexit issue. Totally conned by a load of lies that is now crippling our country purely because of the racist views towards Europeans of the likes of Farage.
Trump was not a million miles off retaining and getting more power by having his troops storm the Capital building. I am also sure Boris was close to making decisions that would have made it difficult to remove him from his post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Never ceases to amaze me how people so readily liken withdrawing from a treaty by the provisions of the treaty to a unprovoked genocidal invasion of a neighbour. It suggests a lack of perspective.

Also quite remarkable how Putin is never referred to as a law-breaking idiot, because the cap fits.

22 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Never ceases to amaze me how people so readily liken withdrawing from a treaty by the provisions of the treaty to a unprovoked genocidal invasion of a neighbour. It suggests a lack of perspective.

Also quite remarkable how Putin is never referred to as a law-breaking idiot, because the cap fits.

Hey, I was making a point about how gullible large swathes of people are! Wasn’t making any comparisons in leaders! But Blair took us into an illegal invasion which killed lots of innocent people, should he be branded the same as Putin?

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Hey, I was making a point about how gullible large swathes of people are! Wasn’t making any comparisons in leaders! But Blair took us into an illegal invasion which killed lots of innocent people, should he be branded the same as Putin?

I think Ukraine has gone way beyond warranting any whataboutism regarding Iraq.

But now you mention it, I've never heard Blair called a law-breaking idiot either.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Interesting. Wonder why neither get referred to as such by anybody on here.

All three Boris, Blair and Putin are atrocious human beings, all deserve to be tagged as such. I’m not really sure what’s to disagree about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

All three Boris, Blair and Putin are atrocious human beings, all deserve to be tagged as such. I’m not really sure what’s to disagree about.

So you say now, but I've only ever seen you refer to Boris as such, not Blair or Putin, in spite of it being far and away the most trivial. Why is that?

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So you say now, but I've only ever seen you refer to Boris as such, not Blair or Putin, in spite of it being far and away the most trivial. Why is that?

Utter rubbish, I’ve quoted on several occasions in this thread and others Putin is a criminal and should have been taken out by now! I stand by normal Russian people, as I’ve said many times and as for Blair I’ve quoted on this thread months ago he’s in the same category as taking us into an illegal war in Iraq! Best you look back. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Utter rubbish, I’ve quoted on several occasions in this thread and others Putin is a criminal and should have been taken out by now! I stand by normal Russian people, as I’ve said many times and as for Blair I’ve quoted on this thread months ago he’s in the same category as taking us into an illegal war in Iraq! Best you look back. 

Specifically the phrase law-breaking idiot.

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Specifically the phrase law-breaking idiot.

Well not exactly but technically only Boris is being prosecuted for breaking a law for now so he’s the only one so far that it can be used for…..😉

but why be so specific they’re all abhorrent individuals……in each case.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Well not exactly but technically only Boris is being prosecuted for breaking a law for now so he’s the only one so far that it can be used for…..😉

but why be so specific they’re all abhorrent individuals……in each case.

It just seems to betray a greater emotional hostility to Johnson than either Putin or Blair, where the language seems much more reserved and more respectful.

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It just seems to betray a greater emotional hostility to Johnson than either Putin or Blair, where the language seems much more reserved and more respectful.

I’ve never wanted Boris taken out, I’d love to see Putin taken out! I’m not sure what’s worse in your book! My emotional hate to Boris is that it’s directly effecting my life his utterly poor morals, his lies and is leadership, Putin is more indirect so probably haven’t used the same personal connection. Doesn’t make me dislike him any less, as for Blair I loath the scumbag, he took us into a war that was utterly wrong. Anyhow LYB, I’m off out in ten, have a good evening……💛💚

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’ve never wanted Boris taken out, I’d love to see Putin taken out! I’m not sure what’s worse in your book! My emotional hate to Boris is that it’s directly effecting my life his utterly poor morals, his lies and is leadership, Putin is more indirect so probably haven’t used the same personal connection. Doesn’t make me dislike him any less, as for Blair I loath the scumbag, he took us into a war that was utterly wrong. Anyhow LYB, I’m off out in ten, have a good evening……💛💚

Have fun!

20 hours ago, Herman said:

That would sound better if you weren't actually a putin supporter.

No one asked you to comment. Trunkie want a bun?

53 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Yeah! Always good to hear from a conspiracy obsessed drug addled loon to know precisely what not to think.

6 million subscribers.😬 No wonder the world is in a mess.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

6 million subscribers.😬 No wonder the world is in a mess.

I wonder how many of them are simply signed up to enjoy laughing at his loopy nonsense. As a lecturer once said to me in my student days, "The fact that 100% of flies enjoying eating sh*it should not be taken as a recommendation to eat sh*it". Likewise for the poor old has-been Russ.

Edited by horsefly

Max Blumenthal is an apologist for various dictators and has regularly denied and downplayed numerous horrendous incidents, such as chemical attacks in Syria and concentration camps in Xinjiang.

If you have any doubts about what kind of character he is, here you can find him openly mocking Syrian civilians for trying to do something, anything, to try and not die from regime chemical attacks

And if you still find yourself thinking that despite him being an obvious Kremlin shill, he might still have something useful to say, here he is claiming that the Ukrainian military was "vanquished" and that Ukraine was now "Russia's frontiers".

On February 26th.

So, if you're nodding along to his absurd suggestions that russian-speaking Ukrainians, like Zelenskiyy, are being brutally supressed following the liberation of Kherson, then you are, with no due respect, a ****ing moron.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2

Erm… so much disinformation flying around!

’The retaking of Crimea is a red line for Russia’,.. the taking of Crimea was a red line for Ukraine. A bridge should never,  illegally been allowed, it was started many years ago, the intentions were obvious.

Don’t believe the propaganda that Ukraine is a nation of Nazis or even a very large proportion, yes they have patriots, proud of their country but Nazis no., 

Is money being laundered by the US+ and Ukrainians, 100% yes!…..Understand that Ukraine like Eastern Europe is based on corruption, no secret but open, the higher you go the bigger the corruption. This war will make people around the world rich, they care not for the ‘pheasants’. It’s also serving its purpose in creating the New World Order, one which Russia isn’t invited. Russia has its own agenda, a big topic….  

Trying to piece together this complicated jigsaw and make some sense of it is not easy, Ukraines sovereignty/borders need to be respected, that is for sure but there are many other dark elements in play from the west.

9 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63893316

I'm not sure whether this is a sign that Putin's starting to look for an off ramp or whether he's simply preparing a false flag nuclear strike on Russia to blame on the Ukrainians.

With Biden finally alluding the enabling of talks last week, this is a very mild statement from Putin, he’s been more abrupt over the past 8 months so who knows what’s being said behind closed phone lines. Hopefully a resolution to the war and a change in direction.

Yesterday our guest Maryna showed us a picture of her husband Sergei in a bar in Kharkiv-electricity has been knocked out again in the city but the bar had its own generator and the Christmas lights were on-it looked very festive.

Today she told us that the Christmas parcel she had sent him had arrived. She is trying to enjoy Christmas in a foreign country but she desperately wants to go back to the Ukraine. As much as we have enjoyed having her and her delightful daughter Alisa here, we hope she will be able to return to her own country and her husband soon. 🤞🤞🤞