nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

Striving to make sense of the Ukraine war

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The people of Russia aren't our problem and there's nothing we can do for them. There's no point wasting any thought on them.

Grow up!

Disagree, he’s a discredited journalist who popped up in Kyiv wearing a orange hat ( bit late for that) pushing the anti Russian agenda, rather than the full facts, asking for donations.

I guess he got lots of followers/ cash in the early days but is just another  western reporter toeing the line of bad Russia/Putin-Good NATO/. 

Most of this death and destruction could have been avoided if the right diplomats had sat around the table and Talked, but the whole situation was planned many years ago. 

1 hour ago, Sheva said:

Disagree, he’s a discredited journalist who popped up in Kyiv wearing a orange hat ( bit late for that) pushing the anti Russian agenda, rather than the full facts, asking for donations.

I guess he got lots of followers/ cash in the early days but is just another  western reporter toeing the line of bad Russia/Putin-Good NATO/. 

Most of this death and destruction could have been avoided if the right diplomats had sat around the table and Talked, but the whole situation was planned many years ago. 

Yes, it was planned by Putin and his cronies for years. A man you can't negotiate with, who would come back for more if you caved in a little bit. This is all down to that bald little **** and the clowns and useful idiots that took his filthy lucre.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes, it was planned by Putin and his cronies for years. A man you can't negotiate with, who would come back for more if you caved in a little bit. This is all down to that bald little **** and the clowns and useful idiots that took his filthy lucre.

Indeed Herman, there’s been fighting in the south east of Ukraine for years, this war was always on the horizon unfortunately. Sad that so many arseholes are in charge of countries! Putin being one of the worst, but we had our own clowns 🤡 here and in the states too! Far too many self interested power hungry leaders with no thought for their people! Time the world stood up and sorted itself out! Ukrainian & Gaza absolutely abhorrent what’s going on!

Edited by Indy
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Indy said:

Grow up!

What do you mean? What do you think you can do for ordinary plebs in Russia and what can they do for you?

People in Ukraine we can do something for; Russians are beyond help.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

What do you mean? What do you think you can do for ordinary plebs in Russia and what can they do for you?

No more than I can for plebs on here! And I don’t  care what people can do for me, I have compassion unlike some on here it would appear! Still after your recent breakdown on here with Lakey I will cut you slack as you appear to be very unstable in character, so carry on!

Posted (edited)

FF

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

No more than I can for plebs on here! And I don’t  care what people can do for me, I have compassion unlike some on here it would appear! Still after your recent breakdown on here with Lakey I will cut you slack as you appear to be very unstable in character, so carry on!

I disagree. In here you might influence someone's thoughts on a subject that might change how policies are thought of and maybe change people's lives. For ordinary Russians, their lives are entirely controlled by the Russian government, with any sentiments we have to offer distorted be Putin's propaganda. They're meaningless to us and we're meaningless to them.

Compassionate statements not backed up by meaningful action is just virtue signalling.

Case in point is Afghanistan, where our policies were changing lives of women and girls there for the better. Now they're under the thumb of misogynist zealots, thanks to the same sorts of bleeding hearts that want to express that 'Russians are people too' (no sh1t, Sherlock) as an argument to appease Putin.

Best thing we can do for Russians is do everything we can to encourage the collapse of Putin's regime. But they'll suffer as a result of that.

Putin trying to finger Ukraine for the terrible ISIS attack in Moscow (ISIS claimed it again tonight with video). He really is a diabolical monster too.

• Like 5

Cannot believe the brass neck of the US complaining that Ukraine is hitting oil refineries etc which may jack up the oil price in an election year in the US. They’re getting bombed relentlessly day and night with drones and cruise missiles that the western world is failing to provide AA protection from, what on Earth do we expect them to do?

• Like 2

I saw the video of the caught terrorist having his ear cut off and force fed to him.

I mean I get that the Russians who got him were angry but.. I don't know. Still, get the feeling worse will happen to them when they get locked up anyway

Welcome to the world of Ukraine/Russia, it gets much worse than that.

16 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I saw the video of the caught terrorist having his ear cut off and force fed to him.

I mean I get that the Russians who got him were angry but.. I don't know. Still, get the feeling worse will happen to them when they get locked up anyway

I couldn't even watch that scene in reservoir dogs.

The Russian who did it will now have a personal fatwah on them. Poor them.

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

By the look of it the suspects have had a good going over.

No presumption of innocence until proved guilty then?😉

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

By the look of it the suspects have had a good going over.

No presumption of innocence until proved guilty then?😉

Indeed, they have certainly been looked after by the Russian authorities! There are some really abhorrent people in the world! These guys if indeed are guilty don’t deserve to be in human civilisation, but it doesn’t stop with these, Russian authorities are as guilty of killing thousands of innocent people at home and Ukraine, Hamas are another bunch of utterly non human beings and some others including some Israeli’s who forget that under a hundred years ago what their ancestors went through they are doing to the Palestinians, this is the type of people we are dealing with all around the world! Sad it really is!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Indeed, they have certainly been looked after by the Russian authorities! There are some really abhorrent people in the world! These guys if indeed are guilty don’t deserve to be in human civilisation, but it doesn’t stop with these, Russian authorities are as guilty of killing thousands of innocent people at home and Ukraine, Hamas are another bunch of utterly non human beings and some others including some Israeli’s who forget that under a hundred years ago what their ancestors went through they are doing to the Palestinians, this is the type of people we are dealing with all around the world! Sad it really is!

And here they are, photos from today. They look very well and healthy I must say

240325-russia-terror-court-perps-mb-0822

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And here they are, photos from today. They look very well and healthy I must say

240325-russia-terror-court-perps-mb-0822

If this had been in the UK the arresting officers would have been up before the Beak and a whole string of Human Rights activists lining up to defend them.

Funny old world.

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If this had been in the UK the arresting officers would have been up before the Beak and a whole string of Human Rights activists lining up to defend them.

Funny old world.

Being a soft southern, shandy drinking, lefty, liberal, pant-wetting, small c Christian I really should have some sympathy for them......

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Being a soft southern, shandy drinking, lefty, liberal, pant-wetting, small c Christian I really should have some sympathy for them......

Yes, I know what you mean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ricardo said:

Funny old world.

Quite so. We should deny any potential criminal a legal defence and probably torture them as well. 

Hang on a minute, I just remembered the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6.........

21 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Quite so. We should deny any potential criminal a legal defence and probably torture them as well. 

Hang on a minute, I just remembered the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6.........

Miscarriages of justice are one thing, but being force-fed your own ear is another thing entirely.

• Like 2

I’m getting reports that the war on the front line has become very difficult for Ukraine who just don’t have the ammunition to defend or attack. Thousands of civilians getting killed now, everything is becoming desperate.

12 hours ago, Sheva said:

I’m getting reports that the war on the front line has become very difficult for Ukraine who just don’t have the ammunition to defend or attack. Thousands of civilians getting killed now, everything is becoming desperate.

That's one in the eye for the fifth columnists who argued denying Ukraine arms would save lives.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's one in the eye for the fifth columnists who argued denying Ukraine arms would save lives.

Indeed. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68692195

The above rings very true to me. In a nutshell, Tusk is saying arm Ukraine now, or face arming ourselves to a much greater extent if Russia succeeds in defeating Ukraine.

Edited by Daz Sparks
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Indeed. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68692195

The above is rings very true to me. In a nutshell, Tusk is saying arm Ukraine now, or face arming ourselves to a much greater extent if Russia succeeds in defeating Ukraine.

Dictators don't just quit when they win. They never stop being hungry. Wanting more and more and more, and given they've already won they feel like they will win again if they try something silly again.

Just like this footage of Putin should he win in Ukraine..

if you want an example of what a backward bunch of sick fu(ks russia is now... last year they decriminalised spousal abuse.. so if you want to beat your wife, that's okay.

Onward Russia, charging headlong as fast as you can go...

Where are you going?

Still no answer..

its been 180 years - we need to stop this out of control Troika forever

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 25/03/2024 at 17:12, ricardo said:

Funny old world.

Other Islamic terrorists will probably look at this and think twice about having a pop at Russia, while those looking at attacking us will take comfort from the knowledge of a worst case scenario where they get a heated prison cell, a place to pray, eventual release and a chance to stab their parole officer when they get out.

No doubt people in the UK looked at this and thought 'I wish we could deal with them like that', but in the grand scheme of things grudgingly having to accept that we can't treat people like this, even if we would take a lot of satisfaction from seeing it, is a small price to pay to protect your own legal rights in a world where the technology exists to survey can control us without any chance of resisting if those legal protections didn't exist. That's ultimately why living in a Western democracy, for all the shortcomings, is still the least worst place to be.

While I was driving to work the other day, my Spotify was interrupted by a test of the Gironde’s emergency alert system.

My immediate thought was whether this was a sign France is seriously considering sending troops to Ukraine.