nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

Striving to make sense of the Ukraine war

Can't remember which moron in this thread posted links to her as if they held any credibility, but I came across this just now and couldn't help but laugh

20220909_190032.jpg

8 hours ago, Sheva said:

what it see’s as the evils within the west and protect its Christian faith, religion is a high priority.

The russian invasion has absolutely nothing to do with religion or Christianity - they are simply tools that Putin's fascist state has appropriated for their own gain.

2 hours ago, kirku said:

Can't remember which moron in this thread posted links to her as if they held any credibility, but I came across this just now and couldn't help but laugh

20220909_190032.jpg

Jesus, just reading her recent tweets, she really is an evil biatch.

Edited by Mr Angry
Female dog not allowed

Izum has been liberated.

It took the russians about a month to capture it and it has fallen in half a day.

The speed of the Ukrainian advance, and the russian collapse, has taken many people by surprise. Not least the new russian POWs.

Hopefully this is a genuine collapse...

• Like 4

15 hours ago, kirku said:

The russian invasion has absolutely nothing to do with religion or Christianity - they are simply tools that Putin's fascist state has appropriated for their own gain.

Sounds right. I am pretty scathing of religion when the evangelists propagate it, but at its core it merely is a tool. It just happens to be an excellent way of drawing sides, but is not a casus belli in itself. That's an unfair criticism of religion, regardless of its stripe.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kirku said:

Izum has been liberated.

It took the russians about a month to capture it and it has fallen in half a day.

The speed of the Ukrainian advance, and the russian collapse, has taken many people by surprise. Not least the new russian POWs.

Hopefully this is a genuine collapse...

Still slightly worried that this is some sort of crazy Russian masterplan. But then again judging from the evidence over the last few months...... 

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Still slightly worried that this is some sort of crazy Russian masterplan. But then again judging from the evidence over the last few months...... 

Yeah, I share your reticence to get too far ahead of ourselves over this news Herman, but I read from a few sources that the Russian Military, whilst not lacking teeth, is in disarray. I remain hopeful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

Yeah, I share your reticence to get too far ahead of ourselves over this news Herman, but I read from a few sources that the Russian Military, whilst not lacking teeth, is in disarray. I remain hopeful.

Likewise. There have been quite a few reports though in the last few days about a change.

This is from an ITV news correspondent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

100pc

It's a very fluid and murky situation but the good news keeps rolling in

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kirku said:

100pc

It's a very fluid and murky situation but the good news keeps rolling in

Long may it continue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Long may it continue.

Couldn't agree more

Let's be honest, there's been zero evidence of their ability to do anything remotely as complex as would be needed for this kind of baiting strategy

Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one: they're collapsing in disarray 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Couldn't agree more

Let's be honest, there's been zero evidence of their ability to do anything remotely as complex as would be needed for this kind of baiting strategy

I think @Sheva's half right: The Russians stopped fighting in honour of the death of the Queen and the Ukrainians missed the memo. 🙃

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Couldn't agree more

Yep, it's looking like a complete rout, similar to the Kyiv fiasco. Donetsk airport now reportedly under attack.👍

• Like 1

There’s certainly gains good to see, against a demotivated and young army who didn’t want this war in the first place! I have sympathy for both sides soldiers, I’m sure if you said to all Russians in this fight do you want peace and go home they’d pretty much all say yes! It’s always the mad men back in the comfort and in safety making these terrible choices at the cost of innocent people.

I hope to see a quick end to this war, hopefully a withdrawal of Russia and an acceptance of this was the wrong thing to do, rather than Putin turning desperate and shooting off a nuke into a Ukrainian city to force a victory! Dangerous times still ahead.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

I have seen a lot of Pro Russian accounts arguing it's a trap. However I can't see it, the photos coming out are of Russians abandoning vast amounts of equipment, some of which is pretty valuable. Additionally, the Ukrainians are begining to take settlements that the Russians spent 3/4 months capturing. 

Im pretty sure it's a disintegration. Which given their training and supply situation was always possible. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

There’s certainly gains good to see, against a demotivated and young army who didn’t want this war in the first place! I have sympathy for both sides soldiers, I’m sure if you said to all Russians in this fight do you want peace and go home they’d pretty much all say yes! It’s always the mad men back in the comfort and in safety making these terrible choices at the cost of innocent people.

I hope to see a quick end to this war, hopefully a withdrawal of Russia and an acceptance of this was the wrong thing to do, rather than Putin turning desperate and shooting off a nuke into a Ukrainian city to force a victory! Dangerous times still ahead.

Agreed. This is Putin's matter. The Russian army are his pawns.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Agreed. This is Putin's matter. The Russian army are his pawns.

Which is why ever surrender of a Russian soldier is the best news possible, especially if it's without a fight. 

"russia is more dangerous at this moment than any time in the last 7 months. They are cornered, crippled both militarily and economically and running very low on options. 

This won't end with Putin just graciously accepting defeat."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kirku said:

"russia is more dangerous at this moment than any time in the last 7 months. They are cornered, crippled both militarily and economically and running very low on options. 

This won't end with Putin just graciously accepting defeat."

Hmm I never believed in the coup possibility, however if the Russian army is heavily defeated then Putin will need to blame people within the security apparatus of Russia. That's dangerous internally.

Additionally, the Russians have history of turning on their leaders due to military defeat. They did after the russo-japanese, in 1917 and it could be argued defeat in Afghanistan was a factor in 1989 as well.

Edited by 1902

Hope they stop shelling Kharkiv-2 people were killed this week by shelling right next to the building where our guest used to live and where her husband is still living 🥺

Russia is retaliating against its military defeat in Kharkiv by hitting the power grid across eastern Ukraine, plunging Kharkiv, Dnipro, Poltava and other cities — and millions of civilians — into darkness.

32 minutes ago, kirku said:

Russia is retaliating against its military defeat in Kharkiv by hitting the power grid across eastern Ukraine, plunging Kharkiv, Dnipro, Poltava and other cities — and millions of civilians — into darkness.

Yes, Maryna has just told me that her husband in Kharkiv and her dad in another city close by have both told her the same. I can’t see anything on the news though.

On 09/09/2022 at 19:02, kirku said:

20220909_190032.jpg

She sounds worse than some of the fools on this message board!

At least with them I think half are just having a laugh on a wind up. She's ****in serious!!

Meanwhile on Russian TV the recriminations have started. Well worth watching. Apparently it is a real war, and telling Ukrainians that they don't exist as a people is not a winning strategy, I love the concluding line - "Thank you for your honest answer ... so my 10 year old kids will get eventually get a chance to fight?"

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

Roll out Tucker Carlson for a rebuttal.... apparently its the Ukrainians who are losing. 

End Game ?

18 municipal deputies of Moscow, St Petersburg demand Putin resign

Municipal deputies from 18 districts of Moscow and St Petersburg have signed a public statement demanding that Vladimir Putin resign.

10 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

End Game ?

18 municipal deputies of Moscow, St Petersburg demand Putin resign

Municipal deputies from 18 districts of Moscow and St Petersburg have signed a public statement demanding that Vladimir Putin resign.

Jesus. That's brave of them.