Rhino1

The emotional immaturity of some fans is disgrace …..

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The best one too. 

Oh well back to my BT sport an'.....Chelsea v Real....I so luvs my armchair soccer......

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Not sure what you're getting at here but I got a bond. Could only scrape enough together for one but I got it no problem.

I think some missed out because of the speed they sold. But if you want to see why others missed out you need to look at the original thread on here and the old begging Bowl posts, how they wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, and how we'd lose all our money when the evil cook and her cohorts marched us into league one and administration.🙃

Back to the debate about TV money.

I will watch golf on Sky this weekend. I guess you are OK with that as the players earn from the prize money structure with clear reward for sporting achievement? 

Unfortunately it comes as a package with the football which you feel I shouldn't be supporting.

In a sense I agree with you as the customers subscribe throughout the country whereas the benefits tend to get funnelled into London, Liverpool and Manchester whilst the industry neglects key issues

On her recent tour around the nations media Delia could have been championing the solution to football's dementia problem and providing AstroTurf pitches for every town in the country by slashing the budgets of the top 6. She could have demanded that the Government render contracts between Sky/BT and PL/EFL illegal and instead insist on a redistribution such that East Anglia gets its  overall fair share and Norwich and Ipswich being teams of equal size get equal budgets to create a level playing field moving forward. Why hasn't she done that?

56 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I think someone got over excited and stuck a couple of pages together! 

A shot in the dark.....

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I will watch golf on Sky this weekend. I guess you are OK with that as the players earn from the prize money structure with clear reward for sporting achievement? 

Unfortunately it comes as a package with the football which you feel I shouldn't be supporting.

In a sense I agree with you as the customers subscribe throughout the country whereas the benefits tend to get funnelled into London, Liverpool and Manchester whilst the industry neglects key issues

On her recent tour around the nations media Delia could have been championing the solution to football's dementia problem and providing AstroTurf pitches for every town in the country by slashing the budgets of the top 6. She could have demanded that the Government render contracts between Sky/BT and PL/EFL illegal and instead insist on a redistribution such that East Anglia gets its  overall fair share and Norwich and Ipswich being teams of equal size get equal budgets to create a level playing field moving forward. Why hasn't she done that?

Probably because the point of interest was the book she had just had published on a philosophy for living, and that was what the interviewers wanted to ask her about and hear her explain, and that was what she wanted to do. Talking about football would have got in the way of that.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Probably because the point of interest was the book she had just had published on a philosophy for living, and that was what the interviewers wanted to ask her about and hear her explain, and that was what she wanted to do. Talking about football would have got in the way of that.

Except the football issues could have been used as a practical example of ensuring that people do matter in the spirit of the Government's 'fan led' review.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

What was wrong with debating the bond?

I'm ok with whatever you watch Essex. I just find it strange you complain about NCFC spends but not the spends that benefit our competitors. 

I thought Delia was promoting her book?

It's about time the dementia link was properly addressed. The link with sports, and not just football, can't be denied. The excuse about that heavy old leather ball is no longer valid. But don't wait for Delia to take it up. Do something yourself if you really care.

Now about the bond scheme...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Except the football issues could have been used as a practical example of ensuring that people do matter in the spirit of the Government's 'fan led' review.

No. That was not why all these journalists wanted to interview her, and it wasn’t why she wanted to be interviewed. If she had mentioned football at any length at all the interviewers would have quickly steered her back to the subject of her book.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

No. That was not why all these journalists wanted to interview her, and it wasn’t why she wanted to be interviewed. If she had mentioned football at any length at all the interviewers would have quickly steered her back to the subject of her book.

Practical examples could always have been discussed and football is part of life. Could always arrange another tour for the sake of our national game.

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

Practical examples could always have been discussed and football is part of life. Could always arrange another tour for the sake of our national game.

Im amazed that you couldn't have steered the conversation to the actual crux of the matter................... your perpetual season ticket. 

Or have you now understood what 'for life' actually means.? 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Im amazed that you couldn't have steered the conversation to the actual crux of the matter................... your perpetual season ticket. 

Bags and dogs. 

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Perhaps 'for the living' and return on investment is a perpetual concept in the real world outside football. 

Football fans generally are an embarrassment nowadays, the instant nature of social media is mainly to blame. Many supporters don't understand football or how it works and see something somewhere online, believe it to be true and jump on the bandwagon.

It's not just our fans and while I know we have plenty to be disgruntled about we also don't and there is rarely any perspective or a sensible angle, it's all kneejerk stuff and finger pointing, a blame game. It's the same for the bigger clubs when they lose, their performance gets ripped apart by pundits, its no longer accepted that teams just lose matches sometimes. Premier League football in general is an unpleasant cesspit. 

You can certainly understand why many have migrated to non league/grass roots football.

• Like 4

Just now, essex canary said:

Perhaps 'for the living' and return on investment is a perpetual concept in the real world outside football. 

Now you are starting to grasp the gulf in difference between real life business and footy business, every premier league team that is in heavy debt should have to play the 'loony tunes ' theme before starting a game. Its not business as we know it Ethics.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Football fans generally are an embarrassment nowadays, the instant nature of social media is mainly to blame. Many supporters don't understand football or how it works and see something somewhere online, believe it to be true and jump on the bandwagon.

It's not just our fans and while I know we have plenty to be disgruntled about we also don't and there is rarely any perspective or a sensible angle, it's all kneejerk stuff and finger pointing, a blame game. It's the same for the bigger clubs when they lose, their performance gets ripped apart by pundits, its no longer accepted that teams just lose matches sometimes. Premier League football in general is an unpleasant cesspit. 

You can certainly understand why many have migrated to non league/grass roots football.

Premier League football is to a certain extent an unpleasant cesspit. The fans do contribute to that through peddling misinformation and tuning into the win at all costs mentality.

Equally though administrators are also responsible as they tend to take a short term view much like politicians hence why they do not get a grip on issues affecting the game such as dementia and the wider development of AstroTurf pitches etc,

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Now you are starting to grasp the gulf in difference between real life business and footy business, every premier league team that is in heavy debt should have to play the 'loony tunes ' theme before starting a game. Its not business as we know it Ethics.

You are dead right but then I thought NCFC professes to be different but not really.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You are dead right but then I thought NCFC professes to be different but not really.

We are different...... Thats exactly what a lot of the whining on here is about. Youre just not getting what YOU WANT, irrespective of what you THOUGHT  you were signing up for. Did the Club renege on something in your agreement with them on purchase of your shares, or cant you read?.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

We are different...... Thats exactly what a lot of the whining on here is about. Youre just not getting what YOU WANT, irrespective of what you THOUGHT  you were signing up for. Did the Club renege on something in your agreement with them on purchase of your shares, or cant you read?.

As I said previously 'for life' means for the living and return on investment is a perpetual concept.

Crystal clear English Language though clearly not for some.

33 minutes ago, essex canary said:

As I said previously 'for life' means for the living and return on investment is a perpetual concept.

Crystal clear English Language though clearly not for some.

Meaning you. If you really think you have case, go for it , sue the club. I for one would be very interested in how you get on.  You obviously feel swindled , if id been 'had', id go after whoever had me. Have you even sought actual informed legal advice, that'd be a good start, before you embark any further on your crusade. Do it, do it , do it. 

Or , of course , there is the stop moving the goalposts option , if in fact you werent 'had'.

Some legal fella, better trained than us both , could put your troubled mind at rest, or at least tell you you are wrong and wasting your time and money.....or maybe you are in fact correct and your ancestors can reap the benefits of your fortitude. 

G'luck  to ye now.

As I said previously 'for life' means for the living and return on investment is a perpetual concept. Crystal clear English Language though clearly not for some.

-

No, it doesn't, Essex. Not in common parlance and as far as I am aware, though not an expert in the field, not legally. I am not sure what kind of benefit you are talking about, but "for life" generally means for the lifetime of the person who has paid for or is otherwise entitled to whatever the benefit is. It does not mean "for the living" - ie for those who live on after them. That is basic English, leaving aside any legalities.

I have a state and a private pension "for life", but not "for the living". I can't pass them onto my inheritors, for the perfectly sensible reason that they never paid or earned anything towards those pensions.

If you are talking about some benefit you and you alone paid for or in some other way earned, and which is specific to you, I cannot see how you expect it to be inheritable, which is what I understand to be your position.

And it looks as if you are confusing the kinds of benefits for which the concept of return on investment being perpetual applies. As said, my pension is not transferable and nor would be any NCFC season ticket for life, so there is no perpetual return on investment in those cases. It only applies if I were to leave ownership of a rented property, or such like.

But as westcorkcanary says, if you are so sure you're right then sue the club.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

As I said previously 'for life' means for the living and return on investment is a perpetual concept. Crystal clear English Language though clearly not for some.

-

No, it doesn't, Essex. Not in common parlance and as far as I am aware, though not an expert in the field, not legally. I am not sure what kind of benefit you are talking about, but "for life" generally means for the lifetime of the person who has paid for or is otherwise entitled to whatever the benefit is. It does not mean "for the living" - ie for those who live on after them. That is basic English, leaving aside any legalities.

I have a state and a private pension "for life", but not "for the living". I can't pass them onto my inheritors, for the perfectly sensible reason that they never paid or earned anything towards those pensions.

If you are talking about some benefit you and you alone paid for or in some other way earned, and which is specific to you, I cannot see how you expect it to be inheritable, which is what I understand to be your position.

And it looks as if you are confusing the kinds of benefits for which the concept of return on investment being perpetual applies. As said, my pension is not transferable and nor would be any NCFC season ticket for life, so there is no perpetual return on investment in those cases. It only applies if I were to leave ownership of a rented property, or such like.

But as westcorkcanary says, if you are so sure you're right then sue the club.

The analogy of pensions is an interesting one given that these days some pensions clearly die with the individual whereas others clearly do not.

In the Share Prospectus the Club confused the concepts of infinite and finite. For example owning 4 shares entitles one to a Club (apparently Home only)  membership that (if claimed)  yields a 25% return on initial investment and is still claimable by inheritors. A seat (even a commercial seat or equivalent) for 1,000 shares on the same basis including an inheritor especially when the original purchaser died at a tragically young age seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable response to expect from a supposedly Community oriented Football Club.

The in between categories were admittedly clearly finite and the generally limited public interest in them clearly reflected that.

I will not be suing the Club on the issue but nevertheless feel that taking the overall circumstances into account including their own  ambiguities of presentation and public projection they should have reached a different conclusion or at the very least should have been prepared to engage in a much more constructive way than they did.

The most recent Canaries Trust Minutes contains an even more glaring example of the mean spirited attitude to ordinary fans.

Edited by essex canary

4 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

The premiership is setup for the vasts amount of fans (and their cash) in Asia, America etc. It cares not for people that loved the 3pm kick offs, honest games without trailing legs, pundits that call trailing legs clever cheating, three guys in a studio (dressed as refs) picking over the slightest knock or split hair to decide if a team wins or not and not doing it consistently, managers moaning incessantly about 5 subs or this and that and despite being knocked back by the majority, banging on til they get their way. Grounds becoming libraries full idiots imposing their belief values on those, who have been going or years, around them. False banners and drums to try and create an atmosphere, the destruction of the best cup competition in the world to implement the greediest cup competition in the world. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... everyday football overkill... the expense that now sees a large section of the population removed from going.. the game is dead. I dont expect us to.win things, I dont expect to be in the top flight but all hope of achieving those things in my lifetime have been removed and without hope...what is the point!

Happy Friday Eve everyone!

52 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The analogy of pensions is an interesting one given that these days some pensions clearly die with the individual whereas others clearly do not.

In the Share Prospectus the Club confused the concepts of infinite and finite. For example owning 4 shares entitles one to a Club (apparently Home only)  membership that (if claimed)  yields a 25% return on initial investment and is still claimable by inheritors. A seat (even a commercial seat or equivalent) for 1,000 shares on the same basis including an inheritor especially when the original purchaser died at a tragically young age seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable response to expect from a supposedly Community oriented Football Club.

The in between categories were admittedly clearly finite and the generally limited public interest in them clearly reflected that.

I will not be suing the Club on the issue but nevertheless feel that taking the overall circumstances into account including their own  ambiguities of presentation and public projection they should have reached a different conclusion or at the very least should have been prepared to engage in a much more constructive way than they did.

So , in short, yourecognise that your gripe is at best a one eyed , personalised grumble that if, through no fault of the Club...or your own,  you died at a young age , your descendants could not avail of the privilege you enjoyed, despite inheriting your shares.

May I just add that if your shares increase in value , they will receive a benefit through this.

If tbe club lied or cheated you, you wil have a case . Otherwise, let it go.

On 04/04/2022 at 03:25, Rhino1 said:

Plastered all over the various fan websites, social media accounts this weekend, have been idiotic calls for Smith to go, Delia to go etc etc. Quite frankly any city fan associated with such immature, knee jerk, playground name calling, are immature, brainless idiots. The same group that rounded on Farke, because of their lack of any intellect to see the real problem, a gamble on too many unknown, untried transfers, and the loss of key players that made us tick, Emi, Skipp and Cantwell ( who started to believe his own hype and has become a village player, who has blown a promising career because of a dreadful attitude). I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, through the ups and downs, but I can’t remember a period, where we had such a large proportion of shallow, good time Charlies in our supporter base, hyped and rabble roused by idiots such as the lads at TalkNorwichCity - so called Norwich fans. I just hope the true supporter, the silent majority - remain undeterred in their support of a club, that has given me many enjoyable moments in life. Letting the immature idiots move on to put their emotional energies into something else their brains can cope with, such as computer games! My only hope is that, at least some, of the brainless worms are IPs- - it fans on the wind up, because otherwise I am ashamed of this largest contingent of Norwich fans.!!! 

It’s peoples opinions! 

Hard to take your post seriously when you refer to people as “brainless worms”. Double standards,no?

I think one of the problems we have is that our supporter base has generally been too accepting of failure. It allows the owners to continue to block investment or new ownership without anyone appearing to question it/them. In time I firmly believe we will look back at this period of time as a massive wasted opportunity. 

There's definitely something of a proclivity to let passion run away with reason, but that's not endemic to a single fan base. That's the nature of sport in general.

11 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think one of the problems we have is that our supporter base has generally been too accepting of failure. It allows the owners to continue to block investment or new ownership without anyone appearing to question it/them. In time I firmly believe we will look back at this period of time as a massive wasted opportunity. 

What investment have our owners blocked? And how much money were they going to invest? And who were they?

10 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Spot on Jim. 

Smith & Jones offer nothing, yet somehow they are lauded by some as perfect owners. They have no place in modern football.