Rhino1

The emotional immaturity of some fans is disgrace …..

Plastered all over the various fan websites, social media accounts this weekend, have been idiotic calls for Smith to go, Delia to go etc etc. Quite frankly any city fan associated with such immature, knee jerk, playground name calling, are immature, brainless idiots. The same group that rounded on Farke, because of their lack of any intellect to see the real problem, a gamble on too many unknown, untried transfers, and the loss of key players that made us tick, Emi, Skipp and Cantwell ( who started to believe his own hype and has become a village player, who has blown a promising career because of a dreadful attitude). I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, through the ups and downs, but I can’t remember a period, where we had such a large proportion of shallow, good time Charlies in our supporter base, hyped and rabble roused by idiots such as the lads at TalkNorwichCity - so called Norwich fans. I just hope the true supporter, the silent majority - remain undeterred in their support of a club, that has given me many enjoyable moments in life. Letting the immature idiots move on to put their emotional energies into something else their brains can cope with, such as computer games! My only hope is that, at least some, of the brainless worms are IPs- - it fans on the wind up, because otherwise I am ashamed of this largest contingent of Norwich fans.!!! 

• Like 13
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

It's a mixture of frustration (as City are in exactly the same position as two years ago) and a devoted football fan's unswerving belief that they know how to change things for the best and why can't the club see it. 

• Like 1

It’s not emotional immaturity to have an opinion on the clubs problems. I’m not saying I agree with them but this is a forum to discuss our club. The fact they care enough to post at least demonstrates that most have care about the club as their motivation. I’m afraid the ‘silent majority’ of ‘true fans’ are who I see as those that seemingly show less interest. True fans that are happy to sit silently without querying anything the club they financially and emotionally invest in is odd in my view. Presumably the same silent majority sit in the Geoffrey Watling and do their best to provide no atmospheric contribution to the cause. “Can’t believe all these emotionally immature fans supporting our club - what we need is a good old dose of being quiet and putting up with everything”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Plastered all over the various fan websites, social media accounts this weekend, have been idiotic calls for Smith to go, Delia to go etc etc. Quite frankly any city fan associated with such immature, knee jerk, playground name calling, are immature, brainless idiots. The same group that rounded on Farke, because of their lack of any intellect to see the real problem, a gamble on too many unknown, untried transfers, and the loss of key players that made us tick, Emi, Skipp and Cantwell ( who started to believe his own hype and has become a village player, who has blown a promising career because of a dreadful attitude). I have supported Norwich for over 50 years, through the ups and downs, but I can’t remember a period, where we had such a large proportion of shallow, good time Charlies in our supporter base, hyped and rabble roused by idiots such as the lads at TalkNorwichCity - so called Norwich fans. I just hope the true supporter, the silent majority - remain undeterred in their support of a club, that has given me many enjoyable moments in life. Letting the immature idiots move on to put their emotional energies into something else their brains can cope with, such as computer games! My only hope is that, at least some, of the brainless worms are IPs- - it fans on the wind up, because otherwise I am ashamed of this largest contingent of Norwich fans.!!! 

'... immature, knee jerk, playground name calling ... '

You mean phrases like 'immature, brainless idiots', 'shallow, good time Charlies', 'immature idiots', 'something else their brains can cope with', 'brainless worms'?

Were you thinking of that kind of playground name calling?

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

"Post of the Weak"......

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Team appalling ..check

DoF failed miserably...check

Owners lack of investment..check

Fans at fault zzzzz

As a club we invested no less than Brentford who people are looking at with envy. They just got it right.

• Like 2

Good post. I understand the frustration and agree with positive criticism looking ahead. Reality is we are a successful club, currently having a terrible season. As I continue to say as a medium sized provincial club we have no devine right to be in championship let alone premiership. If you’re a fan you’re a fan - simples. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We tried to change it up this season and it didn't work. It was like Webber and Farke got together and decided to try something different in using the 433, to try and improve on the previous PL campaign - but it failed.

We also had behind the scenes unrest with Cantwell and (by putting 2 and 2 together) with Gilmour, who was plainly unhappy at not getting games.

Farke addressed both these issues, first by going defensive - a necessary step to stop the rot and then by trying to return to a bit more like our "dna"  - ie Farkeball as against Brentford - and that got us going. He addressed the player issues by leaving them out, but that caused problems with other players in the squad - but we can see that he was correct in his assessment of the two players.

So in every way, Farke demonstrated intelligence and ability to change things and was proved correct in his dealings with hyped up players. That he was sacked was a mistake, plain and simple. Got sacked when what was needed was support and recognition that it was not him that was the problem but the resources.

Some fans may have been calling for his head and to a certain extent I would agree with the op that fans are to blame - and the Talk Norwich City guys did not help with their high profile position - they should have known better. Threw away the classiest head coaches we are ever likely to have.

Football is about opinions and emotion, but in reality, you have to keep a steady head and Webber - imo - gave in to the pressure when he should have stood his ground alongside Farke.  Dean Smith was clearly - imo - head hunted - Webber surely had prior knowledge that he was going to be sacked by Villa and that he would be up for the Norwich job....if it was not like that then it was foolish to sack Farke with no clear person to replace him.

The part that fans played in it all is open to argument - but the constant harping back to two seasons ago by fans was patently ridiculous, fuelled by the media constantly repeating "haven't won in x amount of PL games" despite the wonderful season in between and the circumstances of that first PL season.  It was used as a stick to beat Farke with, but really those fans doing that and shouting for change of manager - including the Talk Norwich City brigade - should have used their brains a bit more - take the emotion out of the situation and see and understand why we went 433, see and understand why we had to go all defensive for a while and see that Farke's wanting to return to our "dna" was necessary.  It was never going to be, this season, but we could have kept a head coach who we will likely never see the like of again - his high ideals, his football, those fist pump celebrations and sense of togetheness he engendered unaralleled in our history - even under Lambert. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

"Post of the Weak"......

Nonsense post, and I only got as far as "knee jerk." As far as I'm concerned, there's most certainly no "knee jerk" about it. That's just one insult too far, imo.

A lot of sensible and informed reasoning is behind the call, by some, for a change at the top. The penny has finally dropped.

We are a club that needs regular promotions to the Premier League in order to survive as a force commensurate with the level of support it commands and the status of City it emanates from.

By a combination of luck or judgement, we have managed five in the last two decades. With our inability to progress further, the only eventual direction will be downwards. We cannot expect to yo-yo forever. Promotion gets more difficult as many more Championship clubs assume greater resources than us.

Two seasons and more in the Chumps and this club is destined to a future of second level mediocrity, and possibly even worse. The Little Old Norwich status will have been established.

The first aim of any sporting endeavour should be to aim for the best, not second best, whatever the risks.

Knee-jerk as opposed to the ar*se-jerk  of the OP.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

It’s the same for every club though. People expect absolutely everything nowadays. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Lol give over. Sure there are some absolute Neanderthals that support Norwich as there are every side in football. Can hardly pin the TNC lads in with that. They were pretty patient and fair with their opinions on Farke etc. at the time and continue to be about Smith.

Facts don’t care about feelings, 18 points and 18 goals after 30 games as unacceptable and a source of national embarrassment. Are “true fans” supposed to just accept this is okay? Presumably your twitter alias is canaries caption it or something as that account is equally as delusional in what it churns out.

For someone commenting about “playground name calling”, you seem to be doing plenty of it yourself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, astro said:

It’s the same for every club though. People expect absolutely everything nowadays. 

That’s hardly fair. Is it wrong to expect more than 18 points and 18 goals after 30 games of a season?

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Arrogant post by the OP. He is a true supporter but others with a different opinion are not.

Let them eat cake.

Yes and no - everyone is disappointed/frustrated, but the level of nastiness that often follows these days is uncalled for.

44 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

That’s hardly fair. Is it wrong to expect more than 18 points and 18 goals after 30 games of a season?

It’s not wrong and it’s not right. It is what it is. My point is, if you look at the forums of other clubs, even those who are maintaining their prem status, there are fans who are not happy and calling for change. Where does it end? At what point do they become happy? Probably never.

1 minute ago, astro said:

It’s not wrong and it’s not right. It is what it is. My point is, if you look at the forums of other clubs, even those who are maintaining their prem status, there are fans who are not happy and calling for change. Where does it end? At what point do they become happy? Probably never.

That’s on them. I can only defend our fans. FWIW if we’d even had say 6 more points and a few more goals I’d be right behind them and maybe still believe but it just feels like the club gave up before the season even began for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Clubs shouldn't be running at a loss and relying on donations from owners.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Team appalling ..check

DoF failed miserably...check

Fans at fault zzzzz

Where does the entitlement for other people's money come from Kenny?

That's the thing I can't get my head around. If I was a billionaire it's the reason I wouldn't go near a football club. You only have to look to fans at other clubs to see that however much of other people's money they get there is an entitlement to more.

People have value. Not their money.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

Cantwell is a young player who emerged through the Academy. 97 per cent of Academy players fail to play a single minute in the Premier League. 70 per cent fail to get an EFL contract. Despise his current troubles he is a success story. How immature and idiotic to lambast a young man who is perhaps struggling a little in this way just to defend the middle and upper aged.

"Other people's money".....Well our majority shareholding duo and the rest of the NCFC Board don't have to worry about dipping into their hambags, purses or wallets or personal finances.....Whereas I've just handed over almost £900.00....Wonder if I'm just other people?..... 

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

"Other people's money".....Well our majority shareholding duo and the rest of the NCFC Board don't have to worry about dipping into their hambags, purses or wallets or personal finances.....Whereas I've just handed over almost £900.00....Wonder if I'm just other people?..... 

So about half their wealth is less than ticket purchases. 

How much more are you entitled to?

I would suggest the only emotional immaturity is being shown by the nonsensical ramblings in the opening post here. Not the first time from this Rhino chappie either. 

Smith is out of his depth as proven at Villa. 
How is this immature or wrong?

I suppose you wanted Nice Guy Chris to stay as ..... well hes such a nice guy.
Or Gunny cos .....its Gunny!

Give me a break. What's immature is people like the OP who feel they need to shoot down peoples irritation at a season which can only be described as a ton of fecal matter topped off with the most beloved coach since Lambert being given the heave ho for someone worse!!

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Smith is out of his depth as proven at Villa. 
How is this immature or wrong?

I suppose you wanted Nice Guy Chris to stay as ..... well hes such a nice guy.
Or Gunny cos .....its Gunny!

Give me a break. What's immature is people like the OP who feel they need to shoot down peoples irritation at a season which can only be described as a ton of fecal matter topped off with the most beloved coach since Lambert being given the heave ho for someone worse!!

I disagree with that opening part. Smith took Villa from 18th in the championship to top half prem and then lost his job after 1 bad run because the owner had a hard on for a certain mr Stevie G who has come in and not really improved things that much. I want to see what Smith can do next season before giving up on him.

in terms of who is to blame for where this club is, Smith is way down the list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Clubs shouldn't be running at a loss and relying on donations from owners.

Bingo. 

As the quote goes, it is no measure of healthiness to be well-adjusted to a dysfunctional society. We're one of the prudently-run outfits in a game that's rigged towards financial doping.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

So about half their wealth is less than ticket purchases. 

How much more are you entitled to?

How much more are they entitled to?.....Without them 'chippin' in?.....

Have to remember the TalkNorwichCity lads likely come out with very polarising opinions to generate clicks and engagement, they seem like two decent lads but would agree they are more like slick presenters than knowledgable football supporters

We'll consider ourselves told, may as well shut down the forum then if people aren't allowed to express an opinion that doesn't align with yours.