Sign in to follow this  
Mr Tea

Just remember, when we are poor and near relegation

And we are away ….

and when the game is finished and you need a drink

and when you have had too many and you decide to give the bar staff a mouthful of abuse , throw some glass and be totally sh*ts …….

Just remember that the bargirl might have been at the 5 - 1 drubbing of Ipswich, her fav player is still Grant Holt,  and has possibly been to more games in her 20 years than many on here have.

So to the 4 guys who did this to my Norwich supporting , Brighton studying daughter today I hope your chuffed.

in her words, in tears on the phone, I didn’t believe we had fans like that dad.

Totally and absolutely disgusted .

• Sad 5

Really sorry to hear this Mr Tea. 

Total and utter tw*ts to behave like that. Every club has them unfortunately.

Hope that your daughter feels better and less upset soon.

And in the highly unlikely event that anybody on here knows who did this please just shop them. We don't want idiots like this associated with our club. 

FFS, I don't care who they support this type of behaviour is that of thugs that shouldn't be welcome at any club anymore.

If you are out there and see this post about you - hang your heads in bloody shame you idiots.

20 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Pathetic ... sorry your daughter had to suffer that buddy. Sadly, there are too many idiots latched on to the beautiful game still.

This post is a prime example why the so-called ‘beautiful game’ is a long time dead. No one should have to go through abuse when working or attending a game of football but because there’s so much riding on winning these days general etiquette and values fly out the window. 

It’s partly why I’m drawn less to even bother supporting a club that tries to fly in the face with everything that’s wrong with top flight football. Because really we’re no different. We try and paint a picture we’re a ‘family friendly’ club but realistically we’re no different to any other club scrambling for survival and this is projected in some “fans” attitudes.

Having recently watched the Brooklyn Nets live in NY and throughly enjoying it I’m starting to wonder why I even bother with football in this country when it’s so exclusive, sexist and racist. 

7 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

And we are away ….

and when the game is finished and you need a drink

and when you have had too many and you decide to give the bar staff a mouthful of abuse , throw some glass and be totally sh*ts …….

Just remember that the bargirl might have been at the 5 - 1 drubbing of Ipswich, her fav player is still Grant Holt,  and has possibly been to more games in her 20 years than many on here have.

So to the 4 guys who did this to my Norwich supporting , Brighton studying daughter today I hope your chuffed.

in her words, in tears on the phone, I didn’t believe we had fans like that dad.

Totally and absolutely disgusted .

Your daughter is studying in Brighton . Looking to expand her mind and have a go at life . 
I suspect none of that applies to the four morons. 
Tell you daughter that she is miles above those idiots in every  way. 
GPB

(PS only the best people study in Brighton 😉

• Like 1

Sorry to here this happened. In time those individuals may reflect on their actions. As a dad with a son at University I can empathise entirely. Padding has said it all. 

I do notice a fair few of our fans can’t handle their drink.  Sadly, people often laugh at these idiots making them think they are funny.  Name, shame and ban, what a disgrace. 
I hope your daughter gets over it, and keeps faith with the majority who despise these low-lifes. 

I am shaking my head in sadness and in total disbelief that nobody stepped in to help your poor daughter. May i suggest that you contact Stephen Graham at the club who travels to away games as a club liaison/representative for issues that our fans may have on the day. The club i sincerely hope will do something to ease the distress the poor girl suffered.

Our very own Pinkun poster Eddie Edwards i know has his contact number so message him Mr Tea.

@nutty nigel

• Like 1

Sorry to see this Mr Tea. Best wishes to your daughter on behalf of all our PUPs.

Edited by nutty nigel
Pmd it instead

Thanks all.

I, well perhaps my daughter is well used to away fans and all that comes with it but perhaps in our ignorance just didn’t expect it form Norwich. Perhaps it’s because we support them and it’s harder to when you have fun’s in our shirts abusing her. 
I believe the police are involved and have access to the CCTV.

In truth the level which she received was above what she has received from almost all the other visiting clubs this season and last year also so quite a spread of clubs .

I know things happen , I know we are all upset at the performances this season but just maybe this can just remind people that it’s just a game and should be treated as such.

thanks again for all the kind words.

Hopefully the Cctv will lead  to the arseholes, i mean culprits being identified . Some people really shouldn’t drink. Here’s  hoping that your daughter can put it behind her and it wont affect her view of footy overall. As ever , its the 1% or less that disgrace the Club and Football.

Edited by wcorkcanary

With Corkie on this. Here's hoping the CCTV is clear enough for justice to be meted out. Abuse of service staff is very much a pet gripe of mine, and you can definitely tell a lot about the character of a person in that. Alcohol consumption is no excuse at all.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am shaking my head in sadness and in total disbelief that nobody stepped in to help your poor daughter. May i suggest that you contact Stephen Graham at the club who travels to away games as a club liaison/representative for issues that our fans may have on the day. The club i sincerely hope will do something to ease the distress the poor girl suffered.

100% agree.

Some 'Away' fans seem to be a different breed of humanity(if they can be so described) tbh ......and,sadly,most clubs have their fair share of them 🙁

Edited by C.I.D

On 03/04/2022 at 16:27, Mr Tea said:

Thanks all.

I, well perhaps my daughter is well used to away fans and all that comes with it but perhaps in our ignorance just didn’t expect it form Norwich. Perhaps it’s because we support them and it’s harder to when you have fun’s in our shirts abusing her. 
I believe the police are involved and have access to the CCTV.

In truth the level which she received was above what she has received from almost all the other visiting clubs this season and last year also so quite a spread of clubs .

I know things happen , I know we are all upset at the performances this season but just maybe this can just remind people that it’s just a game and should be treated as such.

thanks again for all the kind words.

What happened was disgusting, but, if it happens on a regular basis, is there not scope for her, and her fellow members of staff, to request some form of protection , by having Stewards positioned to step in and say something?

She and her colleagues should not expect any level of abuse, when all they are trying to do is serve these morons. It shouldn't be seen to be accepted anywhere, let alone at a place of work

• Like 1

In a season when we have often had the word embarrassing applied to us, this is the first time that I truly have been. 

Being a poor football team is one thing, but being associated with a load of boorish, bullying yobs, truly is an embarrassment. 

Perhaps these were the same people that subjected some Brighton fans to homophobic abuse at the match? 

15 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

What happened was disgusting, but, if it happens on a regular basis, is there not scope for her, and her fellow members of staff, to request some form of protection , by having Stewards positioned to step in and say something?

She and her colleagues should not expect any level of abuse, when all they are trying to do is serve these morons. It shouldn't be seen to be accepted anywhere, let alone at a place of work

They do , to an extent.

Most of the pubs pay in to a fund which employs security . At the first sign of trouble they call them and in fairness the system works well and they are there very quickly.  All the pubs works closely with each other and if and when trouble flairs up then others are also pre warned and descriptions passed around. 

Sure i would prefer them to have it on site but its not a big pub so cannot afford to have full time security . 

They do not have a huge amount of trouble . The odd event which tbh is normally dealt with quite easily but this was very personal , smashed glasses on the bar and best described as intense . 

This may be a massive generalisation, but is it grown men, away from their other halfs for a few hours, making the most of it and not being able to handle their drink? 

Not that is an excuse but away fans at all games are probably the same. One of my friends who rarely goes to away matches went to a Watford away game at Carrow Road and said he saw drunk blokes swearing and acting aggressively towards the young girls serving at the ground-he was disgusted and said he probably won’t go to another away game.

There is something about football that attracts the worst people. The ones pi*sing against the bar, or intimidating people on trains or throwing chairs at each other cos they ‘had a few’. Can’t think of another sport that has this. Even if it is a minority, they are so obnoxious that they stain the sport week in week out.

Edited by hertfordyellow