Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Brighton (PL/A) *****

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma JD Vitality 1- ල LOTUS TICKETS ቅል ALBION AMEX STADIUM SATURDAY APRIL KICK-OFF PM (UK)"
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Toronto 10:00 Helsinki 17:00 Norwich 15:00 GHTON&HOVEALBION NORWICH CITY Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 22:00 Pristina 16:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Athens 17:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 01:00"
image.png.02b63c0b9e9add8748d3f13ef4439862.png
May be an image of 12 people and text that says "#BHANOR STARTINGXI RASHICA PUKKI McLEAN LEES-MELOU GILMOUR NORMANN 国 LOTUS GIANNOULIS GIBSON HANLEY BYRAM KRUL SUBS GUNN ZIMMERMANN DOWELL TZOLIS ROWE SORENSEN TOMKINSON KAMARA SPRINGETT DRAFT KINGS"

Videos:

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual article on the pre match presser here.
This week, the bbc doesn't seem to have bothered with it's usual pre match piece... this is the page it should be at... 
The club has it's own preview of the match here, at canaries.co.uk.
Brighton and Hove Albion have their own pre match piece up on their site.

In, out's, shaking it all abouts:
NORWICH: Aarons is out (hamstring/illness), Kabak potentially out for the season with hamstring injury picked up playing for Turkey. Omobamidele (back) and Idah (knee) remain out injured. Williams (ankle) is touch and go as is Sargent (ankle). Zimmermann, Hanley and Byram are available for selection after missing our last game.
BRIGHTON: Caicedo(illness), Webster and Lallana all out with the latter two having returned to training but not yet match fit to be in consideration.

Referee: Simon Hooper.
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Derek Eaton.
Fourth official: Thomas Bramall.
VAR: Kevin Friend.
Assistant VAR: Simon Beck.

A little bit of knowledge:
Brighton were the only professional football team in Sussex until 2011 when Crawley Town were promoted to the football league. The club was founded on the 24th June 1901 at the Seven Stars public house and originally called Brighton and Hove United. Their club badge originally features dolphins after the crest of Brighton. The Seagulls were rumoured to later be adopted by a chairman who heard fans at a Palace game chant 'Seagulls' in response to their chants of 'Eagles'.

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Something extra...

Edited by chicken
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Referee: Simon Hooper.

Oh well, that's that then.

Does that clown ever get a Premier game that doesn't involve us? Never see him in any other matches 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Gilmour and McLean 🙄 Anyone got any film suggestions for me this afternoon? 

Great escape would sum us up.. If you watch it backwards that is 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

Is that a subs bench or a nursery? Can see why McLean's at 10 though, you'd hope Lees-Melou, Gilmour and Normann between them can keep things relatively organised in there. 

Still don't know what Lungi's got to do to get a crack. That said, both Rashica and Pukki work hard to shore a flank up and it could work. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

I got it wrong. I was predicting a terrible trio, but we've got the Fantastic Four!

• Haha 1

Just now, canarybubbles said:

I got it wrong. I was predicting a terrible trio, but we've got the Fantastic Four!

There was definitely another word beginning with 'f' that sprang to mind first.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

will miss most of this one due to commitments

Be thankful its not a home game! 

You do realise if we win, you will have to miss all the remaining games for good luck! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Does that clown ever get a Premier game that doesn't involve us? Never see him in any other matches 

4th time this season

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Gilmour and McLean 🙄 Anyone got any film suggestions for me this afternoon? 

Dumb and Dumber is perhaps a bit cruel but what the hell does Sorenson do in training to upset Deano? 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Dumb and Dumber is perhaps a bit cruel but what the hell does Sorenson do in training to upset Deano? 

Dumb and Dumber, is that McLean and Gilmour or Smith and Shakespeare? 

• Like 1

Well when you look at the bench, it doesn’t look like there were an awful lot of options. Where’s Rupp? No Sargent.  

Injuries play a part in the selection but I've given up trying to understand how Billy continues to burgle a place in the starting XI. He's not been up to standard from GW1. Unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Uninspiring selection, no Rowe, Lungi and all the usual suspects still in.

You expect inspiration from Smith?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm guessing, but I get the impression his ultra-phlegmatic, calm style doesn't endear him - I could be utterly wrong, but I get the impression some misunderstand it and think "he doesn't care so much".

I know injuries have affected who Smith can pick, but having to play Normann who doesn't want to play for us alongside Gilmour & McClean means we are playing with 8 men to start off with.

Oh and Welbeck is starting for them, he always scores against us.

If I was the board, I'd sack him right now for picking Gilmour again. Kenny is not great but he at least is athletic and can put himself about, with the right partner, he could 'do a job' but Gilmour is awful. Just awful.

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Would LOVE it if one of those kids came on and smashed it ... COYY

So would I, except for the fact that Smith would get the credit, while he has been as drearily predictable as ever.

6 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Would LOVE it if one of those kids came on and smashed it ... COYY

Will they get on even if we are losing?