cambridgeshire canary

The current state of footballer 'fashion'

Look, I know we all gave Cantwell a hard time beacause he wore an alice band and had long hair or whatever but..That's nothing compared to other footballers it sees.. Look, I'm far from an expert of fashion I will admit that but can someone try and explain what Kalvin Phillips is wearing? I'm at a loss. What's this 'look' called?

fashion.jpg

• Haha 1

Dunno about the “coat” but the shoes look like they were made in the couture fashion houses of Melton Mowbray !

"The Pineapple" started it all years ago. I can't remember his name, but believe he played for Forest.

I never got just why Cantwell should have been singled out for his appearance, and not just by a proportion of City fans, when set alongside the concoction of visual abominations currently on show. Perhaps it was because it made him look a bit "girlie."

Comment from a Leeds fan prior to our game with  them a season ago, "We've only got "Pukka Pies, Buenos Días and the little girl to worry about."

From a Bournemouth fan: "Nine out of ten, mainly for the haircut."

Edited by BroadstairsR

6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

There was a trend in 'high fashion' a while back of taking inspiration from the homeless. Wonder if he's going for that.

Oh, the trend of 'look, buy these £5000 shoes to look homeless!"

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Unpopular opinion:  Deeply rigorous scientific studies (aka: my gut feeling) show that 99% of the time, fashion is for people who don't have anything interesting or insightful to say.

Dress like you did when you were 14 - 18 throughout your adult life or suffer the judgement.  Although augmenting said outfit with a comfortable (AND PRACTICAL) jumper is acceptable when you start getting on a bit.

32 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"The Pineapple" started it all years ago. I can't remember his name, but believe he played for Forest.

Jason Lee. 

• Like 2

I'd assume he's spending thousands on his clothes to show you that he's spending thousands on his clothes.

Unlike this Manchester United team who probably spent a lot on their clothes only to have it look like they had a fiver between them.

6vnX1aB.jpg

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Everyone tried this cut in their youth. 

image.jpeg.02c8da6f4fa8bdbde61e143d1b9cb5c6.jpeg

Jokes on you most posters on here have that kind of a hairstyle now.. Although not by choice 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Eugene Dadi

22 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd assume he's spending thousands on his clothes to show you that he's spending thousands on his clothes.

Unlike this Manchester United team who probably spent a lot on their clothes only to have it look like they had a fiver between them.

6vnX1aB.jpg

At least that photo makes for a good album cover 😉

golden-v1.jpg

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Look, I know we all gave Cantwell a hard time beacause he wore an alice band and had long hair or whatever but..That's nothing compared to other footballers it sees.. Look, I'm far from an expert of fashion I will admit that but can someone try and explain what Kalvin Phillips is wearing? I'm at a loss. What's this 'look' called?

fashion.jpg

I saw you coming?

More money than sense?

Dressed by Stevie Wonder?

53 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Everyone tried this cut in their youth. 

image.jpeg.02c8da6f4fa8bdbde61e143d1b9cb5c6.jpeg

I wonder what Chris Rock would make of that ?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

fashion.jpg

He obviously goes shopping for clothes with Deli Ali.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jokes on you most posters on here have that kind of a hairstyle now.. Although not by choice 😉

Fair comment, it’s a popular style in three stands at Carrow Road. 

Just remember that fashion may change but style remains the same and of course you must have maximum style with minimum effort.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just remember that fashion may change but style remains the same and of course you must have maximum style with minimum effort.

This sounds very much like a  corporate slogan that sounds like it means something yet does not mean anything.. Hmm, kind of like my posts

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

fashion.jpg

Footballer goes from rags to riches, then back to rags, but with riches.....

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know I do like how you and I tend to get on like Batman and the Joker

image.png.2b56560e5a74ee662a51c8128e614b15.png more like these two! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Footballer goes from rags to riches, then back to rags, but with riches.....

Are those things on his feet just bags to keep whatever sparkling white trainers are underneath in pristine condition?  Albeit chamois leather bags but bags nonetheless.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Are those things on his feet just bags to keep whatever sparkling white trainers are underneath in pristine condition?  Albeit chamois leather bags but bags nonetheless.

Isn't it pronounced 'Shamus Leather' from your neck o' the woods?....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

Isn't it pronounced 'Shamus Leather' from your neck o' the woods?....

😂Have you any idea just how poshe the area i live in is? Shamwah my dear Shamwah.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

😂Have you any idea just how poshe the area i live in is? Shamwah my dear Shamwah.

Im sure you have staff to keep your shoes clean Corkio! 

56 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im sure you have staff to keep your shoes clean Corkio! 

Rarely get them dirty as my staff tend to carry me over rhe muddy patches on the estate, though these are few, i must confess. The muddy patches That is , not  the staff.