Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Kabak-presser out for season

Seems like Kabak is still in Turkey and could be out for rest of the season with hamstring. ( or cynically he doesn’t fancy it) Didn’t really make an impact did he?

A couple of surging headless chicken runs that got me mildy excited but mostly looked unsure or too sure , if that makes sense.

Just doesn’t look ready for the PL to me, he’d be an absolute beast in a Championship team where mistakes aren’t as likely to get punished and he can gain the game experience he clearly needs.

To me he’s one of those players who has the premier league qualities but doesn’t have the experience and the conundrum is you only get the latter by letting him learn in games which is something we couldn’t afford to do.

I still think there is a decent defender in there. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of seasons he's established in a top flight league and we'll marvel at the fact that we had him here but played Gibson instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I still think there is a decent defender in there. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of seasons he's established in a top flight league and we'll marvel at the fact that we had him here but played Gibson instead.

To be fair he'd probably have played a lot more if he wasn't pretty regularly out injured.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair he'd probably have played a lot more if he wasn't pretty regularly out injured.

Possibly, but there have been numerous times he has been available and not picked, so I think "a lot more" is pushing it.

Did he get Rupp's hamstrings or what? I'm not sure what our stats are for injuries relative to the rest of the Premier League, but I do think there may be a need to look at the medical / physio team, as well as indeed the routines in play for warm-down and recovery.

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Is it just me or has he been very injury prone this Season? I am sure he’s had about four or five spells out. One saving grace from this Season he won’t be joining us permanently now.

'Has he been very injury prone'

A lot of our players are its why we get them cheap. Part of our strategy when it comes to getting players look at Krul only reason we got him was as he had been out injured all season at brighton

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Possibly, but there have been numerous times he has been available and not picked, so I think "a lot more" is pushing it.

Yeah, but in his own words he's normally had to work up to fitness after an injury, something which apparently takes him longer than others.

Such a shame Omobamidele has been injured, think him and Hanley would've been the pairing for last couple of months.

• Like 1

No agreement to sign Kabak if we had stayed up.  Normann however was subject to joining us if survived.  Doing our best to avoid signing any, luckily for us as both have proved lacking.  Signings based on promotion or survival not best suited as we have been lumbered with Gia and Gibbo definitely not PL quality.

27 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Is it me or do we sign an awful lot injury prone players, medical don’t seem to pick them up ?

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Has he been very injury prone'

A lot of our players are its why we get them cheap. Part of our strategy when it comes to getting players look at Krul only reason we got him was as he had been out injured all season at brighton

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think his body shape is wrong for the role he thinks he can play.  If he can reign in some of his more adventurous antics and stick to basic defending he might evade injury more often and make a go of it.  But somehow I just don't think he'll want to.

24 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I think his body shape is wrong for the role he thinks he can play.  If he can reign in some of his more adventurous antics and stick to basic defending he might evade injury more often and make a go of it.  But somehow I just don't think he'll want to.

Hes like a certain Ben 'should be played in midfield' Godfrey 😉

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh dear nevermind, yet another Webber masterclass

In worse news Williams and Aaron's also out injured.

I'm not sure Williams & Aarons being out is bad news. It will force Smith to see if Byram and Giannoulis could work in a back four next season, something I doubt he would do otherwise. 

• Like 1