Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Jason Shackell

On last Saturday I heard so many times from Neil Adams about his positioning was as excellent as ever, deservly he got the Man of the Match awards, and I really hope Nigel will not repeat his mistakes again by put Shacks back to the reserves! His partnership with Rehman in our central of defence would definitely bring us back to the Premiership!!!

Since Doc is well on the way to being player of the season and Rehman

has just had two nightmares you want to play Shax and Rehman togeather

in the center and drop Doc who we actually have on a contract for more

than 3 months??? It doesn''t seem to make much sense to me. Doc/Shax is

a better combination to try than Shax/Rehman, althought I have no

problems with a back four of

Rehman  Doc Shax Drury with Flem on the bench.

[quote user="eldrich canary"]Since Doc is well on the way to being player of the season and Rehman has just had two nightmares you want to play Shax and Rehman togeather in the center and drop Doc who we actually have on a contract for more than 3 months??? It doesn''t seem to make much sense to me. Doc/Shax is a better combination to try than Shax/Rehman, althought I have no problems with a back four of
Rehman  Doc Shax Drury with Flem on the bench.

[/quote]

WHY play Rehman??  what is the point? he isnt going to be here next year...

i spoke to shax at the beginning of the season and he said he was NOT injured he had fallen out with "that idiot who doesnt like me". so it seems that not all was well back then and that is why shax was overlooked not because of injury!

also got to remember that Shax was about to be bundled out on loan (barnsley i think) at the start of the season when Davenort arrived.

what about that knee twist in the reserves that had him needing a long rest ??? what about the virus he got during pre-season?

[quote user="XXL16"]

On last Saturday I heard so many times from Neil Adams about his positioning was as excellent as ever, deservly he got the Man of the Match awards, and I really hope Nigel will not repeat his mistakes again by put Shacks back to the reserves! His partnership with Rehman in our central of defence would definitely bring us back to the Premiership!!!

[/quote]Good to hear from you again XXXL16. I was worried that you had gone missing in action or something!!!Yes, its great to see Shacks back not just because he is a great player but also because he is one of "our" lads from the accademy. Good on him, thats what I say.As for Rehman, well it would be nice to see him added to the squad and see if Worthington (or other manager) can do a Doc with him. At the moment though I think Shacks and Doc are doing well.Its a strange situation - we have a good defence and we have strikers that we know can score goals, its just the midfield at the moment that don''t seem to be opperating well.You kind of have to start Huckerby when he is on song - and I think he is most of the time he just isnt brought into play in the right way at the moment. For me a couple of things need to happen.Henderson needs to be given a real chance on the right or upfront even to prove that he has what it takes - its unfair on him to keep him playing reserve football if he is able like Crow to be a first team regular elsewhere. To me its a shame to have someone like that who has scored bucket loads of goals at england youth level, not to be given a chance ahead of loan players like Johansson and before new players are brought in.Same goes for Rossi - I know he is young but if you know a player is out for one or two games tops at least put the kid on the bench and give him a run out if you can. And there are others waiting to come through like Spillane who can play centre mid or def.I would give some of these players another season and tell them that this is their chance not only to do better but also to prove why they should be here.I fully expect to see Charlton go in the summer along with the board taking a tougher stance on transfer kitty.We currently have on a permanent basis:GK: Green, Ward, Gallacher, Lewis.DF: M Louis-Jean, J Collin, C Fleming, S Charlton, J Shackel, Doc, A Drury.MF: Safri, Etuhu, Rossi Jarvis, Robinson, Hughes, McVeigh, Huckerby, Henderson, Jarret.ST: Thorne, Earnshaw, McKenzie, Ryan Jarvis.For me we don''t actually need that much strengthening. It should be a one in one out situation. If Jarret goes then we may need another player in which probably should be a more natural wide right man. Or someone with a good playmaking pedegree if possible.The same goes for Charlton - his contract is up in the summer and unless we can guarantee him first team football he is likely to leave, in which case we should try and get another younger player in as a back up to Drury. I would still like to see another defender brought in on top of that, or use Spillane or somebody else from the accademy if they are up to it.Keepers wise we are sorted. And upfront I would go with Jarvis ahead of Thorne partnering Earnshaw or McKenzie although I would like to see McKenzie and Earnshaw partnered because just think of all that pace!!!! Defenders wouldnt know how to deal with them at all!So it would look like this:GreenCollin, Shackel, Doc, DruryMcVeigh, Jarvis(younger), Hughes, HuckerbyJarvis(older), Earnshaw/McKenzie.I think that is probably the strongest side we can put out. I know the Jarvis brothers would maybe be a risk but you look at midfield and the one thing it lacks is youth and drive. Safri has to be nearing 28/29, McVeigh 28, Huckerby is 30 so why not have a 16/17 year old gaining some experience in there. Did Roe no harm at Milton Keynes and West Ham, and if worse comes to the worse we have experienced players to come in after a bad game or to give him a chance to acclimatise.Same goes with the older Jarvis, give him a new two year contract because lets face it - it would be silly not to and give him a run. He needs a chance before we let him go. And I seriously think the kid has goals in him.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Hughes not saffers??  you are kidding :-)[/quote]Oops, yeah!!!Safri and Jarvis. Although maybe to similar who knows. I just say give some of those youngsters a go and give the others in the accademy the belief that they can make it too.Does anyone know who plays left and right wing for the reserves/accademy and who we should have an eye on. I don''t go to reserve matches unfortunately.

Shackel has been injured. Stop making stuff up, nobody would hold a grudge against someone that much that they would risk the teams fortune and his job securty

First game of the season against Coventry, Doherty and Fleming in central of defence, we can only manage a draw, Shacks was not in the first 16! Nigel even need to explain he was injured in the Official website, liked the situation of Dean Ashton after the West Ham FA Cup match when he was not in the squad! Every Norwich fans just know how important Jason Shackell to this football club.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

All I will say about Shackell is he didnt put a foot wrong on Saturday and showed a turn of pace we havent seen in the defense all season.

[/quote]

I can confirm it was what Fleming, Doherty and Rehman did not have but Shacks have -- the pace!!!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

who says? he may well be. a decision has yet to be made.

i''d play him in centre mid personally. he can play as a defensive

midfielder apparently, so nigel should put him in safri''s place in our

next game.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

who says? he may well be. a decision has yet to be made.
i''d play him in centre mid personally. he can play as a defensive midfielder apparently, so nigel should put him in safri''s place in our next game.
[/quote]

Worthy likes signing defensive midfielders doesn''t he so you may be right.  At least he is the right age for once and he looks to be motivated and with some level of ability....

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Shackel has been injured. Stop making stuff up, nobody would hold a grudge against someone that much that they would risk the teams fortune and his job securty[/quote]

Of course a player could not lie injured and miss 3 or 4 months, but the rumor of sending him out on loan to Barnsley was absolutely horrible, consider how well he played for us last season...

[quote user="XXL16"]

[/quote]

yeah, its good to have you back on here.

by the way, your english has improved it seems.

[quote user="jon francis"]I can confirm that Jason Shackell has not been injured all season![/quote]

i know.... My mate Lives across the road from him.. he lives next door to Hendo....

shacks has been fit for months....

im saying nothing more

jas :)