Chichcan

Normann on Norwegian TV

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

If he's really said this, he shouldn't be played again.

He has an over-rated opinion of himself. He lacks positional discipline, he goes for the Hollywood pass, and he doesn't work very well alongside other players.

If he doesn't want to stay with us, he can go back to doing photo-shoots for the front cover of Gay Times. 

Interesting take.

Unfortunately we will see a major upheaval of our squad before next season starts and all while the sporting director is away mountaineering Looks like Normann is the first who plainly won't be sticking around..

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fortunately we will see a major upheaval of our squad before next season starts and all while the sporting director is away mountaineering Looks like Normann is the first who plainly won't be sticking around..

Fixed 😉😁

• Like 1

To be fair, he supposedly said he’s not happy because we are losing all the time and he’s a bad loser. Not that he’s not happy with the club.

not sure there is a lot wrong with that. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure what he’s said wrong here to be honest. All seems pretty fair to me.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Nah, Brandon Williams for me is the one who has showed the most passion. Unfortunately he is also a loan player and will be leaving at the end of the season.

Meant to say Williams as well! Pretty damning really,as they're both loanees. Says a lot for the rest!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clint said:

I’m not sure what he’s said wrong here to be honest. All seems pretty fair to me.

He's done nothing wrong other than confirm what many of us expected to happen but with several games to be played rather disappointing to read.

It would be abit odd if he had said that he was loving it at Norwich this season. He has no history with us and isn't on a permanent. He must be missing life in Rostov.

16 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Fair enough. Hardly pulled up trees though has he? Bang average in a poor side. Plus  his injury record makes me wonder whether any other Prem team would take a punt on him. 

Just another player that’s contributed to our carp midfield. We want hungry players next season not ones desperate to jump ship when the going’s tough

I feel it to be more of a flounder type of midfield, myself…;)

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Haha 1

A sick note who had glimmers but who's body and heart was not in it on his return to fitness. Dont let the door hit your **** and take Wee Billy Krankie with you. 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

Name one prem player that is happy to play in the Champs when interviewed and given the choice. He stated his ideal situation is to stay with us in the Premier League. Much rather not have players who accept losing and relegation gladly.

A decent player who's struggled since he came back, but before being injured was one of the few who had any credit attributed to them. What a fickle lot.

I can’t see what people expected him to say to be honest. It’s frustrating he was injured for so long as maybe things could have been different and let’s face it, by the time he was back fit, it was already game over.

I hope for his sake he finds an answer in summer.

No plaice for Normann if that's his attitude.....and we now need to be looking for salmon else to replace him.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of what he has said i couldn't care less that he doesn't see himself here next season.

His performances under Farke in the opening weeks of the season were good but was that because everyone else was so poor? He has been poor since his return from injury.

He's our holding midfielder but doesn't have the legs to perform this effectively when we only play one sitting midfielder.
In my opinion the only way you can get the most of him would be to go back to the formation under Farke before promotion and have someone alongside him with somebody in the No10 (coincidentally i think a No10 also gets more out of Pukki as he has more support, hes missed Steipi in there with the wingers tucked right in this season). That way someone covers half the space he's meant to be covering on his own at the moment  whilst still being able to pick the ball up from the defenders and play. He would also have someone alongside him when he has these moments of position indiscipline and wanders forward.

From here on out i would definitely be playing the players that we will have available for selection next season and i definitely would not be paying £11M for him! 

Edited by NR32-Yellow

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dear oh dear, homophobia this time of the morning

When I wrote this, I wondered if I would be accused of being homophobic.

Ironically, I'm gay. I was just poking fun at that sauna shot which really does look like the cover for a gay po*n video.

But in a way I was also being serious, because it sums up what I feel about Normann. He's a poser and we're best shot of him.

Edited by canarybubbles

Well if he doesn't want to be here if we go down, and his performances have been poor since post his injury, I wouldn't play him again this season

Another that showed early promise, but has been poor for last part of season. It's getting crunch time to start playing our own players. I said in another thread I'm concerned at this late stage if the loanees would still put in performances.

After that interview Smith would be a fool to play Normann again. Clearly not up for it. Thanks and goodbye. Hasn't proved he's premiership quality by a long shot though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Well if he doesn't want to be here if we go down, and his performances have been poor since post his injury, I wouldn't play him again this season

Another that showed early promise, but has been poor for last part of season. It's getting crunch time to start playing our own players. I said in another thread I'm concerned at this late stage if the loanees would still put in performances.

After that interview Smith would be a fool to play Normann again. Clearly not up for it. Thanks and goodbye. Hasn't proved he's premiership quality by a long shot though

As I said above, he's a poser. A real leader doesn't whinge about being in a losing team; he inspires others by his performance and tries to turn it into a winning team. He thinks he's doing us a favour by being here. He's not. To use a cliché, he's not fit to clean Pukki's boots.

Previously he was trying to get a move out of the Russian league and this seemed like his shot to do it. Now (as I have understood it), UEFA making it easier to leave contracts in Russia, he doesn't need to force a move to the same extent.

Edited by 1902

I’d pick what ever I perceive to be my strongest team for next two games and hope to get 6 points. If we don’t get atleast 4 then we might aswell start playing Sorenson and PLM together as I would think both would be here next year. 

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

As I said above, he's a poser. A real leader doesn't whinge about being in a losing team; he inspires others by his performance and tries to turn it into a winning team. He thinks he's doing us a favour by being here. He's not. To use a cliché, he's not fit to clean Pukki's boots.

I agree with you 💯 %. I said earlier the man was a poser and also for me a bit of the mercenaries in him. For me he lacks stamina and struggles to get through the games. For the life of me I really could not believe he was signed when his injury record was there for all to see. Another big recruitment error for sure. 

Had he proven himself in the Premier League then perhaps you could understand him thinking he was too good for the Championship. Unfortunately there is scant evidence to suggest that is the case. 

He may not be happy dropping to the championship, but on current showing I can't imagine many other Premier League teams being too interested

I'm rather surprised considering when interviewed a few weeks ago he said that he would love to stay, which made it sound like he was willing to play in the Championship next season. Did great for us before he got injured but has failed to get back to that since, and so I would say no to keeping him now even if we did stay up as I think he's too injury prone

On 27/03/2022 at 13:03, Chichcan said:

I don't know how reliable this guy is but apparently Normann has given an interview on Norwegian TV saying he's not happy here and he won't play in the Championship. 

If true that should be the last we see of him in Yellow IMO

No point wasting a place for him

Well, he had the courage to say he was unhappy unlike Cantwell

1 minute ago, CowboyCanary said:

Well, he had the courage to say he was unhappy unlike Cantwell

I think TCs problems run deeper than just happiness, which is at best transient, both should aim for contentment which is a longer lasting fulfilment. But no, I wouldn't sign Normann, in fact , even if we stayed up id try to get out of the Deal thats in place.