Sign in to follow this  
sheded

But IS it Nigel ?

The feeding frenzy  of the WOers  on this forum   IS getting kind of   tedious !    to me , it smacks of choosing  the  easy route  ......   Nigel  , the man who DID take us into the prem  , and was feted by ALL  the current moaners at that time !! is now the devil incarnate  !!!    but thats the fickle fans for you .

Whilst Nigel  does have weaknesses [ much exploited by the WO  ]   it DOESN`T explain   why our team is  now less than midway  position  in the champ ....   the REAL problem  is that , throughout our prem season , and to the present time , the  team have NOT played as a TEAM !!   

You may sneer , and  blame Nigels man management   etc etc ,   but isn`t it about time   we all looked   at what MIGHT be going  on in the dressing room ?    I`m of the opinion   that early on in the prem season  , through to the present , there`s been  a constant air of tension   in the dressing room , and beyond !    surely the Fulham game   personified    this ?

IMO  there IS   a real problem with the team behind the scenes !    and its something that Nigel has probably tried to tackle  ,   and failed !   these are grown men he`s dealing with ,  and if  they fall out between themselves   , what is he supposed to do ?    sack them ?     thats always supposing he`s privy to  the private grievances between the players ?

Well , thats my pennorth  ...   back to the trench  [B]

I see your point.

Nott''m Forest went through something similar, but worse, as it ended in relegation.  The players basically failed to perform under various managers.  Now I''m not saying that it wouldn''t matter which manager they hired that they would have gone down.  I''m sure Mourinho would have turned them round.  But, for the quality of manager that they could attract, it was too big a job.

We''d all like to think that the team are playing their hearts out, but I''m not so sure.  Have they lost faith in their manager or each other?

The likes of Ashton, Huckerby and Green must be concerned by the standard of player being brought in, particularly in midfield. When I play football I can get pissed off when someone plays who isn''t good enough, they must be feeling the same, I think Ashton leaving was proof.

The midfield is the glue that holds the team together. Ours through mismanagement has come unstuck!

A couple of years ago one of Niges mantras was anyone we brought in had to fit into the squad.   If there is discord in the dressing room is it the managers fault for bringing the wrong people and if as you say sheded hehas tried to smooth the dressing room by failed who is that has failed to gel a team spirit?   Yup  the manager is responsible for that too - whether at a football club or an office.

Of course the demise is not all down to the manager; however many of the faults and problems are his responsibility and that is why the attrition rate is so high in football management.

Look at Leicester and Newcastle, they look like transformed sides following the removal of just one man.   There can be no guarantee that will happen here but currently is seems more likely that Worthy being able to complete that transformation from a squad he built in footballing style and personality mix in the dressing room.