Sign in to follow this  
HoolaOHoolahan

Nice goal from one of our Loan players McAlear

Nice goaL

check out around 3.20 mark.

His manager was angry he wasn't considered for Scotland under 21s, and mentioned a couple of "worldies" he's scored this season.

Hopefully some of these loan players and our under 23s can feature for us next season.

Edited by HoolaOHoolahan

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/dodds-calls-for-mcalear-recognition-270232/

Billy Dodds expressed his surprise that Reece McAlear has not been included in the Scotland under-21 squad after the midfielder's wonderstrike for Caley Thistle against Dunfermline.

“I just think he is a top quality player, intelligent. He is only 20 and he can’t get near that team, when he has been consistently playing first team football and scoring unbelievable goals.

“He’s played for Motherwell and gets a big move to Norwich who paid a lot of money for him. He should be in the team, from what I’m seeing this week and knowing what he could bring – I’m astounded."

McAlear found he was in and out of the starting 11 in the early part of the season, but with injuries to Roddy MacGregor and Scott Allardice he has been given the opportunity to become a mainstay in the side – and that chance is one he has grasped with both hands, growing in stature with each passing week in the middle of the park.

“He’s in the gym all the time," Dodds added.

"Kirk Broadfoot takes him under his wing. Broaders is religious when it comes to the gym and a lot of young boys follow suit.

“(McAlear is) quite a slight boy, but strong. I’m just gutted for him he’s not in the under-21 squad.”

Pretty sure I saw him play for City in a cup competition a season or two ago and thought he looked an intelligent player then. Would be good to see some of these younger signings coming through a la Aaron's, Lewis and Godfrey. We have picked these highly rated players up from the likes of Peterborough, Bolton etc etc and developed them. Let's use next season to blood them. They are good players