Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

37 Years Ago Today.

I was there too.
A wonderful  day out.
Two great sets of supporters, a brilliant atmosphere and two teams without any ‘superstars’ who gave their all.   

If we are honest the game itself wasn’t that good but the icing on the cake was….. we won.

24 minutes ago, pearsos said:

I was there too.
A wonderful  day out.
Two great sets of supporters, a brilliant atmosphere and two teams without any ‘superstars’ who gave their all.   

If we are honest the game itself wasn’t that good but the icing on the cake was….. we won.

‘No superstars’

They were all superstars! Can only dream of having a defensive setup now that would include Woods, Watson and Bruce.

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Those that know will know and were you there ?

Yes - I was there!

I think I saw you - were you the middle-aged man holding up the Arthur South out placard near the turnstiles? 😉

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly I did not exist yet 😉

You wouldnt have gone anyways! 

VAR would probably have Decided woods moved before the penalty and there was an offside in the build up to Asa Hartford's 30 yard screamer .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yep, I was there on the terraces behind the goal.  I still want to know how an entire block in the lower part of our end was full of Sunderland supporters.

Yes I was there. Still remember the journey home and the disbelief in my mind that we had won a trophy at Wembley and I was there. 

Probably the most nervous I've ever been at the end of a football match.....

Awful game between 2 relegation candidates 😳

The highlight of the day for me was attending my mate’s 18th birthday party in the evening.

I think the occasion got to both teams, although the league game against them just before the final, was a pretty drab affair too IIRC. 

7 hours ago, raunds canary said:

VAR would probably have Decided woods moved before the penalty and there was an offside in the build up to Asa Hartford's 30 yard screamer .

One of our players in our own half would have been deemed to be interfering with play.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

I was too young to be there, but I did have a yellow and Green party in my front room for my best friends…which included only yellow and green food…🌿🍀😹🤗….

Parma 💛💚

One of my abiding memories of the day was my mate saying, as our coach passed a BP garage, that he was amazed that they had put up green and yellow bunting for us. 😀

Was there . College in Brighton - travelled up on National Express coach . Wore my Poll Withey shirt which I still have but it is a little ,ahem, snug . 

stood behind the goal in the City end . 

Knew it was our day when Walker missed the pen. 

On 24/03/2022 at 12:04, Mr Angry said:

Awful game between 2 relegation candidates 😳

The highlight of the day for me was attending my mate’s 18th birthday party in the evening.

Not sure we really were relegation candidates at that point, an outside bet maybe.  Even when the season finished for us we were 8 clear of Coventry with them having 3 games left to play, including the champions.

And the reality that we lost 3-2 at home to Sunderland the week before the final if memory serves me?  No one thought at that "I'd prefer to win the league game and stay"

Yeah I was there, strangely confident after the previous two visits.  Biggest thing for me was me mum arranged for the team bus to stop in Attleborough on the way back to allow for kids at local school get photos with the team and the cup!  ❤

Edited by shefcanary

Left Cornwall on the overnighter and got into London and it looked like they were filming 28 Days Later. Must have been at Wembley by 7am.

Got back to Cornwall the following morning at 7.30am.

Funniest moment. GOt onto the packed tube to take us to London. Old Lady, fur stole and hairy Pekinese dog on her lap. She looked like Mrs Peacock from Dads Army. Train empty until Wembley obviously. All of mankind climbed onto that train and people were leaning over the old dear.

Obviously bricking it, she tried to break the ice. In her best Mrs Slocum voice she looked at this long haired Maccam's scarf and cried "Oh, Sunderland. What does the FC stand for?"

The big hairy brute replies quite matter of factly " The weigher wees plaird today missus, it means Fookin Cnuts".

I just remembered all the green and yellow hanging out of windows of houses, shops etc on the way down. And the sign that said 'would the last person to leave Norfolk, please switch off the lights...'

Terrific day out for a 16yr old Sid on his first visit to the Twin Towers. Travelled down from Aylsham on Keymers Coaches. Late arriving, we got onto the terrace just a couple of minutes before the teams came out. Confetti made from yellow pages was thrown. I took a handful, threw it up in the air and discovered later that my ticket went with it! No souvenir for me, just memories 🤣

14 year old me was there. 2 firsts for me. 

1. I saw my team lift a trophy.

2. I saw a chap "driving" a Sinclair C5 whilst walking to Wemberlee.

10 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

At a guess, Bayern Munich? 

As a non Norwich fan, if I'm right, I should become the King of this forum. 😛

Computer says no. Thankfully the forum specifically for Norwich fans is not at risk of bowing down to a non fan who thinks we lifted a cup against Bayern Munich. 

Out of interest who are you a fan of? And of course you are welcome but why are you on a forum where you’re not a fan of the entire reason for its existence???