Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Russia to host Euro 2028..?

53 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fair to say they have uh.. Quite some ambitions!

It’s a great negotiation tool! Yes you can have it, but you have to withdraw your troops, rebuild Ukraine and oust Putin and his cronies! Done!

Seriously, I would love for the Russian people to host it, they’ve done a great job on other events, but no chance with the current bell 🔔 end in charge! It’s things like this which will help the next generation to become more open and not so insular! 

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

No worse than Qatar getting the World Cup.

It is worse. Qatar’s human rights record is poor, but they are not bombing a neighbouring country or murdering its citizens. There is no place on this forum for flippant, inaccurate comments like that.

So if Russia was to withdraw from Ukraine tomorrow would they be forgiven? At the moment Putin is considered a war criminal. 

In 18 months time they will vote on it. UEFA are no different from Governments. They can be bought.

Is it April 1st already.

They do however are at the top level of drug cheating bxxxxxx in every sport they take part in.

It annoys me that they have held the World Cup, more than us, and we invented football as a sport.

Brown envelopes are alway to hand, how else does this happen. Another typical illustration is this years final taking place in a place that no footballer want to play.  

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

They do however are at the top level of drug cheating bxxxxxx in every sport they take part in.

In the 2018 finals the Russian players ran further than any other team and significantly further than they had run before. Strange 🤔

even with our disaster hosting of the last Euros we will beat Russia here surely. They've only bid as its an easy propaganda win for them when they get rejected - "look at how they punish us, and ostracise us"

20 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

Russia is done as a "country"

Agreed, but I think you missed one element.

’Putin’ and ‘Russia’ are both done - as an individual and a country.

I know Russia won their World Cup bid by bribery, and I'm not saying they won't manage to win this with bribery either. There was a lot of anger over Qatar's victory to host the World Cup and even consideration about pulling out of it from some countries, and so considering UEFA have already moved the CL final to Paris and kicked all Russian teams out of it's competitions I think if they accepted Russia's bid to host Euro 2028 the only countries you would see in the tournament are Russia, Belarus and Serbia, as just about every other European country has sanctioned Russia since they invaded Ukraine and so I can only see them all refusing participate in it

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

In the 2018 finals the Russian players ran further than any other team and significantly further than they had run before. Strange 🤔

A bit like Lance Armstrong who could cycle far faster than anyone else! I’m sure American drug use is more advanced and less easy to detect! 

6 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Agreed, but I think you missed one element.

’Putin’ and ‘Russia’ are both done - as an individual and a country.

absolutely.. Putin will be lucky to be breathing by the end of the year..