Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

I give up on the LAnd of the Free

Joel Dahmen and Harry Higgs at the Phoenix Open

The picture above is not football supporters celebrating a goal. It is not someone waving at his family on a beach because he has found a good spot.

Believe it or not, the guy on the left has just sunk a putt at the Phoenix Open! They are both professional golfers.

Beer cans being swept off the 16th green at TPC Scottsdale

This not cleaning up after the London Marathon. Or cleaning up after another wrong Mike Read decison.

These bottles were thrown onto the green after a golfer got a hole in one at the same Phoenix Open.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given how boring Golf is can you blame them for wanting to spice it up a little?

It’s a miracle they were still awake.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

The only reason America exists is to make the UK look less dysfunctional.

And to think that if it was not for us they would not exist in a sense. Then again blame the pilgrims those silly  religious extremists who were so annoying and so well, extreme, in their views that even the Dutch didn't want them!

42 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given how boring Golf is can you blame them for wanting to spice it up a little?

Boring? Golf boring? Its the ultimate test of the human mind. I shall be carefully guiding one round the course tomorrow. I would rather be tortured by a thousand of your posts than face a two foot putt to win a match.

And there is an etiquette to golf that has obviously not made its way to the US.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And to think that if it was not for us they would not exist in a sense. Then again blame the pilgrims those silly  religious extremists who were so annoying and so well, extreme, in their views that even the Dutch didn't want them!

Because the Dutch invented Golf.

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Because the Dutch invented Golf.

Seems you misunderstood my comment, and its clear you did not pay much attention during history lessons in school 😉

Either way sorry for going off topic

Reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Marge forces Homer to give up alcohol. He goes to his usual baseball game, but without drinking beer, and says: "I never realised how boring this game is".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Marge forces Homer to give up alcohol. He goes to his usual baseball game, but without drinking beer, and says: "I never realised how boring this game is".

Reminds me of having to watch empty stadiums with no fans during lockdown

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Can't you just tell there is no football when this makes the front page of the forum.

That's been most of the season, unless you count the tripe we've dished up as 'football'.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Golf. The best way to spoil a good walk.

Agree, dreadful sport, Golf courses should be rewilded, or turned into allotments . 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Golf. The best way to spoil a good walk.

I misread that last word for a minute.

• Haha 2

Spent the day playing golf in the sunshine yesterday with brilliant seas views (and the way I played, probably 20K steps) and a few of the black stuff afterwards.

Guess some of you were pondering your xg's and searching the internet for Pukki's mother's milkman's window cleaner to see if he knew anything.

19 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Get out your wood then get out your wood 

Tiger's Wood?

14 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Tiger's Wood?

That would be Hundred Acre Wood. If someone was to build a golf course there, should call it Tigger's Wood. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

That would be Hundred Acre Wood. If someone was to build a golf course there, should call it Tigger's Wood. 

Groan. 😂😂😂😂