Sign in to follow this  
For the future

Player interview for the championship next season

20 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Interesting approach.

Let's play this out. They all say, sell me...what next in your fantasy manager play book? 

Resign!

4 hours ago, For the future said:

If I was the manager of Norwich City I would interview every first team player and find out if they wanted to stay at the club or be sold .

Why have you limited it to the just the first team?

3 hours ago, For the future said:

If they want to go that’s fine put in players who want to play 100% club and the fans.

So let's continue to play this out... You know... Just for sh1ts and giggles. 

As manager you have declared that none of your squad want to play for the club.

You put a call out to all your football club contacts, explain that you asked all the squad are they 100% committed, sadly no-one was, so you are calling each club seeking players who are 100% committed to NCFC, while currently employed by another club, but you want them in your squad rather than another team. 

I know if you pay me £10k a week compared to my current pay packet, I will tell you anything... I'm 100% committed, will you sign me up? 

So you now have to sell at a less of a premium, cause you forced the hand and not the player forcing... You have narrowed down you search as only 100% commitment is viable. Name me one player who fits that for you? 

Or maybe you as manager is the problem? 

5 hours ago, For the future said:

If I was the manager of Norwich City I would interview every first team player and find out if they wanted to stay at the club or be sold .

I like it.

Question 2: Where do you see yourself in 5 games time?

Question 3: If 3 people were waiting for a kidney transplant and one became available, pick from these 3 who would receive it and why.........

Edited by East Rider
I failed the i/v

5 hours ago, For the future said:

I hope Brentford are doing interviews aswell.

If I was the manager of this team I wouldn’t care less who stays or goes, bar maybe Krul and Pukki they have all been dross. Note this doesn’t include Rowe who has pretty much put the others to shame during his brief cameo’s.

• Like 1

OP’s imaginary phone call - “Hello Lionel, listen, there’s a chance you could play for Norwich City. Of course I realised you’d jump at the chance, so I put your name down for you. See you at Colney for training at 9:30 sharp. Cheerio”

Tbh I think get all the lads in one room and ask for a show of hands on 'who likes me'. If the response is underwhelming then perhaps 'who likes chips', then buy chips and try again.

• Haha 2

If this sort of conversation doesn't happen I'd be astonished. I suspect only Aarons, Giannoulis and Rashica will say they want to move on. Which means getting rid of the other makeweights might prove difficult.

Id start with Webber and Dean Smith.....

And interview for their jobs. If we go down we need to fire Smith, out of his depth in the Prem and not the man for the ethos of the club.
Panic signing of Naismith / Wildschut proportions

Before that I'd establish who could be 'sold'...immediately reduces interviews down to about 5 players!   With the rest, if I was manager I'd  decide if they were going to be here next season... Along with the loan players, these would certainly be gone or sidelined before we rock up at Brighton.... McLean, Rupp, Platcheta, Dowell, Zimmermann, McGovern, Gibson, Giannoulis, Sargent and Hugill.  

Any manager/coach worth his/her salt, should be able to tell if a player is committed without having to ask, and anyone desperate to leave will no doubt get their agent on the case.

I can't see any of the following staying;

Kabak
Normann
Williams
Dimi
Gilmour (wouldn't want him anyway)
Rashica
Cantwell

Or the following if someone decent came in;
Aarons 
Omobomadiele

So it leads us to be in a position where we have less money than the start of last season but probably in need of a LB, possibly RB if Max left, DM, LW and RW. So effectively the same positions we were in need of recruiting for last season. A good job well done!