Pete Raven

Zoe Ward joins the board

3 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I've just watched that and it struck me (before I saw your post) how uninspiring and 'bland' she sounded. No wonder she's been 'allowed' to join the closed shop which is the NCFC Board as she's hardly likely to ruffle any feathers.   

Well now I'm confused. If she is bland and not likely to ruffle any feathers how come she has apparently created a managerial climate of fear and loathing that has prompted an exodus of non-football staff?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Well now I'm confused. If she is bland and not likely to ruffle any feathers how come she has apparently created a managerial climate of fear and loathing that has prompted an exodus of non-football staff?

Ah, dear boy, it probably means she's so bland as not be a decision maker, a collegiate player inviting lots of participation in the decision making process, leading to prevarication and confusion.  Thus you get members of staff becoming demoralised, wanting a Putin type figure who basically tells them what to do and what is good for them.  I guess a lot of people on here would prefer the latter type too, would you?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Ah, dear boy, it probably means she's so bland as not be a decision maker, a collegiate player inviting lots of participation in the decision making process, leading to prevarication and confusion.  Thus you get members of staff becoming demoralised, wanting a Putin type figure who basically tells them what to do and what is good for them.  I guess a lot of people on here would prefer the latter type too, would you?

Yes I think you're on to something there Sheff. Perhaps they're wanting Webber as a Hitler type figure too. Putin and Hitler! No wonder we're going to hell in a handcart.

Edited by nutty nigel

42 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Shef, as the ancient Sumerian proverb has it:

"Sometimes there is hostility in the land, but then the river rise and brings floodwater. Dragonflies drift on the river and their faces look upon the face of the sun."

• Thanks 1

On 18/03/2022 at 17:19, shefcanary said:

I've copied an extract from the Articles of Association currently filed at Companies House:

image.thumb.png.c1dd5888d4a1441dbdb4141df3c9a90f.png

These are actually unusually silent on the methodology behind the appointment of new directors.  General advice under company law is a follows:

image.png.686fcb2d6edb29115780f873bebc6049.png

All she has to do is acquire a minimum of 100 shares in the company - as we have found out in other threads on this latter subject it is not always transparent how directors obtain such shares!  

There’s nothing opaque about this at all. Either a director has 100 new shares allocated to them, via a new share issue (the last time that happened was in 2016, with Tom Smith and Ed Balls) or they acquire / loaned 100 shares (almost certainly from MWJ).

The latter action, while perfectly legal, rather makes a mockery of Articles of Association in my view.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GMF said:

There’s nothing opaque about this at all. Either a director has 100 new shares allocated to them, via a new share issue (the last time that happened was in 2016, with Tom Smith and Ed Balls) or they acquire / loaned 100 shares (almost certainly from MWJ).

The latter action, while perfectly legal, rather makes a mockery of Articles of Association in my view.

Your conclusion is Interesting. The Crouch Report recommendations about the independence of Directors appears to support your conclusion.

My view is also that allowing Directors to acquire shares at the nominal price only without paying the share premium is also inappropriate even if technically permitted by the Articles of Association. Only Board member 'fans' have had such opportunities not others. 

Perhaps a different logic could apply to Zoe but different issues apply in that case.

• Like 1

On 21/03/2022 at 11:52, shefcanary said:

Yesterday there was apparently an altercation between fans and Stuart Webber in a Car Park. Supposing Ben Kensell had been appointed to the Board. He would have been able to deal with it. Zoe can't for 2 reasons. Firstly her relationship with Stuart. Secondly though arguably less importantly, unlike Ben, she hasn't built up any rapport or empathy with the fans. There must be a better way.

Edited by essex canary
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Yesterday there was apparently an altercation between fans and Stuart Webber in a Car Park.

no apparently about it ..............

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Yesterday there was apparently an altercation between fans and Stuart Webber in a Car Park. Supposing Ben Kensell had been appointed to the Board. He would have been able to deal with it. Zoe can't for 2 reasons. Firstly her relationship with Stuart. Secondly though arguably less importantly, unlike Ben, she hasn't built up any rapport or empathy with the fans. There must be a better way.

As you will see, although Webber may have been attempting to discuss his position, his better half just got him (and herself) outta there pronto.  Where is the public statement from the club on this?  Or perhaps its delayed as there is an internal investigation ongoing commissioned by the board?  😆

On 21/03/2022 at 11:16, PurpleCanary said:

Well just so you know another head of department leaves next Friday.

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

As you will see, although Webber may have been attempting to discuss his position, his better half just got him (and herself) outta there pronto.  Where is the public statement from the club on this?  Or perhaps its delayed as there is an internal investigation ongoing commissioned by the board?  😆

This is the second incident apparently. The first time he came out he was reported to have been blowing kisses and smirking before being ushered back indoors. 

15 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

This is the second incident apparently. The first time he came out he was reported to have been blowing kisses and smirking before being ushered back indoors. 

Yeah, I've now caught up in that.  Not a good look, but don't think the club has the structure to deal with this other than Smith & Jones handing him his cards - with a likely substantial pay off to him and his missus!  For a self funding club, that's akin to hari-kari!

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Yeah, I've now caught up in that.  Not a good look, but don't think the club has the structure to deal with this other than Smith & Jones handing him his cards - with a likely substantial pay off to him and his missus!  For a self funding club, that's akin to hari-kari!

He’s on a rolling year contract I think so it was always going to be the case of paying him off this specific amount. I can’t see how he can stay on now and expect him gone at the end of the season or sooner. 

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

If they view it as gross misconduct or similar he wont need paying off! 

Oh I forgot - football is different to the real world. 

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Surely insulting and inciting the customers is a disciplinary offence for any employee.

5 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

He’s on a rolling year contract I think so it was always going to be the case of paying him off this specific amount. I can’t see how he can stay on now and expect him gone at the end of the season or sooner. 

Anyone know what contract Ward is working to? In absence of that detail, I estimate to lose the couple will cost £1.5m or thereabouts.

38 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well just so you know another head of department leaves next Friday.

Ah, but, there’s a new head of supporter engagement incoming shortly 😉

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

They cannot get rid of him without getting rid of his partner (unless of course she kicks him out 🥴), so there will be some kind of pay-off to both to save it going to ET.

Just now, shefcanary said:

They cannot get rid of him without getting rid of his partner (unless of course she kicks him out 🥴), so there will be some kind of pay-off to both to save it going to ET.

Why?  They’re individuals and are employed as such.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Your conclusion is Interesting. The Crouch Report recommendations about the independence of Directors appears to support your conclusion.

My view is also that allowing Directors to acquire shares at the nominal price only without paying the share premium is also inappropriate even if technically permitted by the Articles of Association. Only Board member 'fans' have had such opportunities not others. 

Perhaps a different logic could apply to Zoe but different issues apply in that case.

The Crouch report is just recommendations at the moment. We’ve heard from reputable sources that the Club seems to have kicked that particular can down the road for a moment. 😉

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Why?  They’re individuals and are employed as such.

Breakdown of trust I think it is called.  A clause is included in most senior level employment contracts.

13 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

But they can - she theoretically could stay - as this weekends unrest has come from him. 

I agree her position may be untenable but they didn't arrive as a package, arent employed as a package, so one can go without the other one. She was here before Webber arrived I believe. 

As they seem to have been able to more or less write their own contracts no doubt we will have to pay him off a fortune if we want to get rid. 

39 minutes ago, GMF said:

Ah, but, there’s a new head of supporter engagement incoming shortly 😉

Interviews carried out only very recently for somebody the club were aware back in January was going to leave i believe ? Mind you the young lady who left before the head of supporter services has still not been replaced.

23 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

As they seem to have been able to more or less write their own contracts no doubt we will have to pay him off a fortune if we want to get rid. 

There’s probably a bonus clause in the contract if the mountain climb goes well. 

56 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But they can - she theoretically could stay - as this weekends unrest has come from him. 

I agree her position may be untenable but they didn't arrive as a package, arent employed as a package, so one can go without the other one. She was here before Webber arrived I believe. 

Ward as a director was always going to be a conflict of interest. If there was a boardroom vote - not that Delia would allow it - to sack Webber because he has brought the club into disrepute - which I believe he has - is Zoe going to vote to give her husband his P45?

The way Norwich City is run is not serious in the context of the position it is in, with shareholders who are not serious either. 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Interviews carried out only very recently for somebody the club were aware back in January was going to leave i believe ? Mind you the young lady who left before the head of supporter services has still not been replaced.

Must be a new OSP meeting soon - is there anyone left at the club to drive that? 

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Didn't seem to make any difference when McNally resigned to a 17 year old supporter.

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Must be a new OSP meeting soon - is there anyone left at the club to drive that? 

I think the last one was last week 19 April.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I think the last one was last week 19 April.

I thought it was around this time. 

Minutes awaited then, if anyone is left to sign them off......