Sign in to follow this  
Citytilidie

Staff cuts

4 minutes ago, Citytilidie said:

Appears there have been a few at carra rud recently 

If getting hold of the ticket office s anything to go by.. it's a lot

5 minutes ago, Citytilidie said:

Is it because they refused to purchase the Club Matriarch's new book?.......

Relegation (It’s my opinion it’s certain now) will always lead to redundancies. Its my opinion NCFC are getting ready for the championship already by losing a few employees who are now surplus to requirements. 
unfortunately Smith, MWJ, Smith and Webber are not amongst them, yet!!

• Thanks 1

It’s always this way, casualties are always those who need the money most! Those who earn the millions won’t batter an eyelid, those in charge should be more sympathetic towards those who are more valuable to the club as assets, that’s certainly not the coaches and players, they should be made to finance those who have been made redundant!

29 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Relegation (It’s my opinion it’s certain now) will always lead to redundancies. Its my opinion NCFC are getting ready for the championship already by losing a few employees who are now surplus to requirements. 

We’ve been ready for the Championship since last September. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Citytilidie said:

There have been a significant number of people leave of their own accord as opposed to jobs being cut and replacements are being sought.

The corridors of Carrow Road are not a happy place at this moment in time.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

There have been a significant number of people leave of their own accord as opposed to jobs being cut and replacements are being sought.

The corridors of Carrow Road are not a happy place at this moment in time.

Spill the beans please Baldrick.

Staff cuts should be get rid of the players that are not enough and we need a change of owners and bring back Daniel Farke to keep us in the championship 

Well the botched BK8 deal was never going to hit players salaries or our transfer budget, so cutbacks have to be made somewhere.

Demand for merch will fall now as well. No one will buy the relegation kit or anything else associated with it.

12 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

should be Scouts by the signings this season 

Yeah that Baden Powell has a lot to answer for!.....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Indy said:

It’s always this way, casualties are always those who need the money most! Those who earn the millions won’t batter an eyelid, those in charge should be more sympathetic towards those who are more valuable to the club as assets, that’s certainly not the coaches and players, they should be made to finance those who have been made redundant!

I agree, but very few people complained when the redundancy laws were changed to make it easier and cheaper for businesses to do this.

I strongly suspect that we are going to see further reforms to make it easier still.

Crocodile tears from some I suspect.*

*NB I'm not suggesting from you though.

There is now a daily stream of tweets or other social media posts from people saying there seems to be some form os mass exodus happening at Carrow Road and hinting at it not being a happy ship. Is anyone actually able to spell out what the issue is that is suposedly causing all these people to quit? Is it a pay thing or issues with certan personalities?

We have less first team coaches than we had before and the quality has suffered 

Edited by Bert

"....what the issue is that is suposedly causing all these people to quit?"

It may be that another local (ish) employer is beefing up its back-office functions and correcting years of administrative neglect. Maybe some folk want a new challenge or are being offered better Terms & Conditions.

On 14/03/2022 at 20:49, Indy said:

Like lockdown you mean?

1 hour ago, NewNestCarrow said:

"....what the issue is that is suposedly causing all these people to quit?"

It may be that another local (ish) employer is beefing up its back-office functions and correcting years of administrative neglect. Maybe some folk want a new challenge or are being offered better Terms & Conditions.

Off Course GIFs | Tenor

On 14/03/2022 at 20:27, City 2nd said:

Norwich City have been getting ready for the Championship since the home game against Bournemouth last season.

You only have to look at all the Championship signings since then.

Could be a complete change of culture - whether it is good or for ill, only time will tell.

On 15/03/2022 at 10:43, Jim Smith said:

There is now a daily stream of tweets or other social media posts from people saying there seems to be some form os mass exodus happening at Carrow Road and hinting at it not being a happy ship. Is anyone actually able to spell out what the issue is that is suposedly causing all these people to quit? Is it a pay thing or issues with certan personalities?

It is more than that @Jim Smith, is anyone able to name or even number this supposed mass exodus?

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

It is more than that @Jim Smith, is anyone able to name or even number this supposed mass exodus?

Two people including the head of supporter services have left that department recently one as recent as last week, six people are employed in the media team and two are leaving and one of the managers in catering/hospitality is about to leave. Two of those are leaving to take up posts at the Scum of all places. I could name them but i somehow think it would result in the post being deleted don't you ?

Don't for one minute think that is all who have or are leaving but you appear to not believe what you have been reading about an unhappy ship.

Edited by TIL 1010