Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Let's face it, nothing is going to change.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing has to change. One view is that we regroup during the summer, sort out the squad, do well under Smith and get promoted again.  Could happen...... 

And if my aunt had balls she would be by uncle!

Next season will be worse than this season. Most of the squad need to be got rid of.

We will sell Aarons and Rashica, but as we have the same scouting team I doubt that we will find quality replacements.

The people who think that we will challenge for promotion next season are deluded!

15 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Are you a trainspotter?.........

I am an railway enthusiast.

3 hours ago, sgncfc said:

And then.....? The only point of being promoted again is to just bank the money to safeguard the future. Play the system until they change the system. But every two years we get humiliated, and just alternate with Fulham.

I actually think Fulham will be much better this time around. They had one of their main players leave on a free and a couple of the promotion winning squad were on loan last time around so they gave themselves a huge job to do. That’s not the case this time around. They also gave survival a much, much better go than we have.

The viability of our self-sustaining model will only become clear if we fail to get promoted whilst we have parachute payments. Without them we will have to cut our expenditure to match the reduced income streams. 

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing has to change. One view is that we regroup during the summer, sort out the squad, do well under Smith and get promoted again.  Could happen...... 

And then what? More misery being woefully uncompetitive in the prem. The attitude within the club absolutely stinks of mediocrity and complacency.

Until they knock this self funding model on the head they’re going nowhere. If that’s what they want then fair enough but might as well be honest. It’s absolutely holding the club back from its full potential though.

There is absolutely no reason we can’t be achieving the levels Palace are achieving regularly if we just were a bit more inviting to some external backing. Doesn’t even have to be selling the club either, new shares can be made to encourage more investment.

Each premiership survival is worth £150+ in revenue so I don’t know what we are so scared of. If the worst happens and down we go then as long as we’ve bought assets, we can sell them and readjust. If Josh Sargent and Christos Tzolis is truly our recruitment ceiling then we might as well give up. Someone like Harry Wilson would have been a much smarter use of the £12m for example.

1 hour ago, deltic31 said:

Next season will be worse than this season. Most of the squad need to be got rid of.

We will sell Aarons and Rashica, but as we have the same scouting team I doubt that we will find quality replacements.

The people who think that we will challenge for promotion next season are deluded!

Huddersfield are currently in the top 2 or 3...whilst the likes of Blackburn QPR and Luton are in the playoff places

Even after departures , the squad we have left is better than any if those

Provided Bournemouth go up with Fulham and someone like Everton dont go down , I 'd still expect to see us around the top with Watford and Burnley

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

53 minutes ago, deltic31 said:

I am an railway enthusiast.

Explains the Deltic, not sure about the 31 though as there were only 21 of them (my uncle was a high speed, mainline driver based at KX)......

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Huddersfield are currently in the top 2 or 3...whilst the likes of Blackburn QPR and Luton are in the playoff places

Even after departures , the squad we have left is better than any if those

Provided Bournemouth go up with Fulham and someone like Everton dont go down , I 'd still expect to see us around the top with Watford and Burnley

In some ways I think it could be worse for the likes of Everton if they go compared to Watford or Burnley who probably won’t lose much of their side that wasn’t leaving anyway. Everton would be a complete rebuild job similar to when Villa went down.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

But we haven't been in league one with this 'model'. Why haven't we if it's a league one 'model'?

As every year goes by we are falling further behind the Premier league clubs. Just look at us in the last 2 PL seasons, no improvement in fact worse this time than last. We have had the benefit of parachute payments over most championship sides but with our historic recruitment failures we will inevitably fail in the championship at some point. We assume we will keep bouncing back but we won't. I grew up with Norwich being a consistent top tier side but in my life time we have slowly but surely been cut adrift and now we are way off. We consider ourselves a top championship side but as more investment flows into the championship we will fall down the order there to and be mid or lower table fodder.