Samwam27

Would you buy Kabak or Normann?

Should we go down Williams & Gilmour will depart. We had obligation to buy loans with Kabak & Normann.

If it's reliant on staying up, then nothing to talk about, but if not, and we could negotiate say £4-6m transfers (yes hypothetical) would you buy them for the EFL campaign?

Kabak seems a real mix of very good and awful, generally within the same match or even within a few minutes. If this is just his youth, I think he'd be a fantastic buy at 5m; if it's a fatal flaw that age won't cure, he would be a disastrous buy. As for Normann, I think he's over-rated.

Normann isn't fully fit and might never be. Kabak has bags of potential and is still young enough that he might come good, but I doubt we could afford his wage demands in the Championship. So, no. I doubt we'll sign either.

Kabak has all the makings of a headless chicken and Normann has a dubious injury record so it is a NO from me.

If we go down, there's no chance of signing either. 

Normann was our only bright spark in the early part of the season but has been poor since his return from injury so I'd only be interested in a cut price deal at this stage due to his fitness issues.

Kabak, as i said the other day, has all the raw attributes to be a top defender but is still very raw and makes too many mistakes. He's also the sort of player who would shine in a dominant team where his ball-playing skills and one-on-one defending would be required but will struggle in a backs-to-the-wall team where he is under pressure all game. So I'd take him on the cheap if we went down, but I'm sure he'd have better offers.

• Like 1

Normann, probably not. He is a good player and would be great in the Championship, but looks injury prone.

Kabak, I would if Smith etc though he was learning enough. I think a year in the Championship would suit him well and give him proper time to develop.

Absolutely not. 

Kabak is too unpredictable and Normann gives the ball away too much and crumples with so much of a hint of physicality.

Initially I would of wanted Normann but he is injury prone and has looked poor since his return, as for Kabak , Omobamidele, sorrenson , Hanley ans Gibson will be fine for us as the CBs next season in the Championship - so all the loanees can be returned to sender

No, and the sooner we stop playing loanees, who will not be here in the future, the better (apart from giving Gilmour two minute spells at the end of the game to reduce his loan fee, if that is true).

In the championship I’d take them both for those fees but in this league I wouldn’t want either of them. Ask yourself, which other premier league teams would they get into based on this season’s efforts? None is the answer. Strangely though, I think they’d both think they are too good to play in the Championship.

I wouldn't want either of them, regardless of what league we're in. I don't think they're very good. 

Absolutely no to kabak , I think Norman's a talent but too injury prone and has been poor since his return , so probably a no , would though both want to stay on a reduced wage?

• Like 1

Can’t see us buying either. Why would you buy Kabak and block big Andy’s progression? 

Normann is a nice to have but we need to go back to Lambert’s way of thinking, buy players who will play 40 matches a season. 

• Like 1

Not really for me as, if I were manager, my first aim would be to get Omobamidele and Sörensen all the first-team game time they could eat next season to see how they progress. Omobamidele and Hanley should be our centre-half pairing for the new season.

I could be persuaded to take Kabak if his wage demands dropped and we said adieu to one of Gibson or Zimmermann. Normann looks a bit injury-prone.

26 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Not really for me as, if I were manager, my first aim would be to get Omobamidele and Sörensen all the first-team game time they could eat next season to see how they progress. Omobamidele and Hanley should be our centre-half pairing for the new season.

I could be persuaded to take Kabak if his wage demands dropped and we said adieu to one of Gibson or Zimmermann. Normann looks a bit injury-prone.

Agreed, Omobamidele is a true gem and the sooner he is fit the better. 

I would love Sorenson to have a run of games, so that those people saying he has never had a chance can see why he has never had a chance or for those who think he is not good enough to be proved wrong. I would certainly play him before any player on loan who will give us nothing next season when they are not here.

48 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Can’t see us buying either. Why would you buy Kabak and block big Andy’s progression? 

Normann is a nice to have but we need to go back to Lambert’s way of thinking, buy players who will play 40 matches a season. 

Although the goalposts have moved since then regarding the gap between bottom Prem & top Champo, I always liked his desire to sign other teams' leaders & captains. 

Harking back to the Lambert era - feels like something really died today.

4 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

Should we go down Williams & Gilmour will depart. We had obligation to buy loans with Kabak & Normann.

If it's reliant on staying up, then nothing to talk about, but if not, and we could negotiate say £4-6m transfers (yes hypothetical) would you buy them for the EFL campaign?

The more of our summer business we can offload the better. So its a no and no from me