rock bus

Where is Tzolis?

Why has our ‘star’ signing disappeared from the squad?

I know few weeks ago there was comment from Smith re loss of confidence but how on earth is omitting him from squad going to help? Especially a squad that apart from Rashica and Rowe has no creative outlet at all. My confidence would disappear if I was not being selected ahead of Placheta, Sargent and Dowel!

have the pink un journalist challenged smith on this (not likely as they challenge about as well as McLean and Gilmour!) or has it just been on pink un+?

We’re relegated now so if he genuinely is one for the future let’s get him involved now and playing. At least if we spend these last few games getting him use to the English game then he might come good next season.

we should use remaining games to prepare for the championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Assisted in the u23s a day or 2 ago. Assume we don't want to tarnish him further and will be reintroducing him next season.

Him on on wing and Rowe on the other.

I'd say he's a young player who's having to rebuild confidence after a major hurdle in his career. 

Probably shouldn't have fallen out with Farke, mind.

Presumably off in the summer. Sounds unhappy at the club and who can blame him.

2 managers in a row haven't rated him, so I assume Deano will want him out to raise some funds for a complete rebuild.

• Like 2

Ours also included plenty that haven't been able to get a kick. Bournemouth's B team is stronger than a decent amount of the Championship.

o4lNHuZ.png

Even in that Bournemouth match he looks so slow! Not just raw pace but he looks like he's moving through treacle at all times, we must be the only club in this division that thinks it's a good idea to sign a winger who has no pace, he doesn't have the technique to make up for it either, you'd have to be truly exceptional to make it as a winger in this league if you're slow. 

Doing things differently and 'our way' is fine so long as it's smart and realistic, this one doesn't make much sense to me. On the plus side he might be good in the division below though where speed isn't as important 

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Even in that Bournemouth match he looks so slow! Not just raw pace but he looks like he's moving through treacle at all times, we must be the only club in this division that thinks it's a good idea to sign a winger who has no pace, he doesn't have the technique to make up for it either, you'd have to be truly exceptional to make it as a winger in this league if you're slow. 

Doing things differently and 'our way' is fine so long as it's smart and realistic, this one doesn't make much sense to me. On the plus side he might be good in the division below though where speed isn't as important 

Disc you ever watch Bobby Brennan

We probably have to cough up some more cash if he makes another appearance. 

4 minutes ago, daisy said:

We probably have to cough up some more cash if he makes another appearance.

The fact he's not even getting in the squad means that could well be the case. 

4 minutes ago, daly said:

Disc you ever watch Bobby Brennan

PL has changed massively in just the last 10 years. Quality not so much but players physical attributes have gone through the roof, I haven't watched that player no, I know he was an attacker (I think iirc) but if you're alluding to him being slow he'd find it hard in this current era. 

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes been busy playing very averagely for the u23s. 

Not like you to be so off the pace. Have a look at the match report from the Fulham game.

3 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Not like you to be so off the pace. Have a look at the match report from the Fulham game.

Yeah. He got an assist, and created another chance. But overall, he has been average at a much, much lower standard of football.

1 hour ago, Carn said:

He's unbelievably crap and a waste of money that's why

He has started, I believe, two league games. Sargent has started at least 20, probably more. He may be 'unbelievably crap', but let's at least give him a chance to show it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

In that Bournemouth match when he looked so slow, he had two assists and two goals. He got 10.0 on WhoScored.

Placheta is quick. I very much doubt if he'll ever get anywhere near 10 on WhoScored. 

Just now, canarybubbles said:

In that Bournemouth match when he looked so slow, he had two assists and two goals. He got 10.0 on WhoScored.

Placheta is quick. I very much doubt if he'll ever get anywhere near 10 on WhoScored. 

Well, if WhoScored says he's perfect that settles the debate. Might has well swap his first team place with Plachetta.

Personally, I'm looking more at the two managers who have been desperate for creativity and goals and both left him out. The latter putting him in the u23s.

Yes lets sell him we will easily get the £10m back.  Oh no we won't have to beg the Greeks to take him off their hands and might even need to pay them to take him.  Where he is coached by proper coaches he may well be the player Webber believed him to be.  Best solution might be to arrange loan back to Greece for a couple of years to allow Tzolis to grow and develop.  We signed him too early so we could afford the fee, expected to be superstar.  Not a superstar but not managed properly.

Good grief, what a lot of sour nonsense.  A promising young lad, full of confidence comes to a new country, to a team that is going to be struggling in the PL, loses that confidence, probably homesick and has to take a backward step to regroup and work on his game. Next season - if he stays - will likely be a different story - a chance to have a break, get fitter, get his mojo back and settle to the task in the championship where he will have a little more time to work his magic. Give him a break, even Vrancic took a few months to show his full range of skills.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good grief, what a lot of sour nonsense.  A promising young lad, full of confidence comes to a new country, to a team that is going to be struggling in the PL, loses that confidence, probably homesick and has to take a backward step to regroup and work on his game. Next season - if he stays - will likely be a different story - a chance to have a break, get fitter, get his mojo back and settle to the task in the championship where he will have a little more time to work his magic. Give him a break, even Vrancic took a few months to show his full range of skills.

Sensible buy for the premiership then...

I'm not arguing he's a wonderkid in waiting. Maybe the detractors are right and he's crap. All I'm saying is give him a fair chance, the kind of chance that Sargent and Placheta have had. Since we're effectively relegated, what is there to lose?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Was always one for the future....we were told that at the very beginning.

No we weren’t, this is complete revisionism. We were told he had huge potential, that’s different.

Farke literally talked him up as one of the most exciting talents in his age group in Europe.

If you think we spent circa 10 million on a player we expected to have zero impact on our season your kidding yourself.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

No we weren’t, this is complete revisionism. We were told he had huge potential, that’s different.

Farke literally talked him up as one of the most exciting talents in his age group in Europe.

If you think we spent circa 10 million on a player we expected to have zero impact on our season your kidding yourself.

He's 19 and many players in new countries take time to adjust in first season. Sargent has offered "very little" this season and has been given plenty of chances.

Placheta has been here a few season now, and I still feel he offers very little (no point being quick if you haven't got a good footballing head or delivery) What did Cantwell (a £30m player) offer us this season?

Next season is a clean break, fresh pre-season. I think we need to write off this season and sees if he comes back stronger next season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1