Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop14

Dean Smith

I hope we part ways with Smith and Shakespeare at the end of the season. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that we have a good manager at the helm, let alone one able to get us back up next season.
Strange starting XIs, poor substitutions, hasn’t been able to inspire any confidence or belief in the squad, and an unidentifiable/non-existent set of tactics and style of play… 

We need a complete overhaul at the end of the season, and I truly believe we need to say goodbye to Smith, the coaching staff, Stuart Webber, Neil Adams, and a fair few of the playing staff as well. I’d be getting rid of McLean, Rupp, Lees-Melou, Zimmermann, Dowell, Placheta, if not more. All middling, Championship-at-best players without time on their side (with the exception of Dowell and Placheta who are just nowhere near good enough).

Edited by Hoolahoop14
  • Like 1

Would much rather point a big fat sausage finger right at Webber - he is mainly responsible.

Smith inherited a poor squad, we're self funding etc.

None of this however excuses the fact that our head coach does not show any signs of learning from basic mistakes made game in game out. Toothless in attack and utterly clueless at the back, almost offensively weak. Dean Smith is not doing his job well and I don't want him to be our manager next season.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, keep smith. Sell these pathetic bottlejob players and let Smith build his team the way he wants. judge him at the end of the next season.

Naaaaa, he's too boring. If he was my boss, I would not be very motivated to do a good job

Edited by NFN FC

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

We definitely needed another thread on this.

Apologies I didn’t scroll endlessly through the forum to check if there were any similar threads before posting.

Webber has a track record of success in the Championship. It's just that he hasn't a clue when it comes to the Premier League.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Get shot of that Charlatan Webber first.

💯%

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Would much rather point a big fat sausage finger right at Webber - he is mainly responsible.

He will be bullet proof once his wife is appointed to  the board this week

• Sad 1

We've just recently been completely outclassed by two teams on gigantic losing streaks. Clown needs to go

• Like 2

The other D Smith is the real problem but as we obviously can't stick it at this level replacing Dean with a footballing manger would be my move.

He clearly has no idea on game and man management. We'd have been better keeping with Farke. 

Team.doesnt seem anywhere near as match-fit and we have players like Rowe who come on far too late in the game.

He needs to.go at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He will be bullet proof once his wife is appointed to  the board this week

More nepotism tilly. Just what's needed🙃

• Like 1

What's the point? 

The whole club is an absolute s3ht show. Complete an utter embarrassment. Leeds and Brentford can't buy a win, and we turn in performances like that. Utter disgrace. 

It isn't just this season. We have a history of bottling big games in relegation 6 pointers.  We're serial bottlers, it's been endemic during this ownership. Riddled through the club from top to bottom. Lambert era the only time we bucked the trend. 

Absolutely pathetic, and a national laughing stock. The amount of opportunities (5?) Delia has had to build something to be proud of at this level, and thrown it away, is criminal. 

DELIA GET OUT OF THE CLUB!!!! Please.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, keep smith. Sell these pathetic bottlejob players and let Smith build his team the way he wants. judge him at the end of the next season.

Totally agree. Hope it's a massive clearout. Keep Krul, Hanley, Omo, Rash, Pukki & Rowe from this bunch and sell the rest!

If Webber isn’t shown the door at the end of the season, Delia Smith needs houding out of the county.  Webber is completely out of his depth and has significantly more arrogance and swagger than ability.  What a plank.

However, what I’m most furious about this week is Delia Smith ‘deciding’ she’s staying.  If she genuinely gave a sh1t, she’d be looking for a suitable partner to work with who can help the club move forward. She’s well past her sell by date.

What an embarrassment this season’s been.

Edited by Kingston Yellow
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I hope we part ways with Smith and Shakespeare at the end of the season. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that we have a good manager at the helm, let alone one able to get us back up next season.
Strange starting XIs, poor substitutions, hasn’t been able to inspire any confidence or belief in the squad, and an unidentifiable/non-existent set of tactics and style of play… 

We need a complete overhaul at the end of the season, and I truly believe we need to say goodbye to Smith, the coaching staff, Stuart Webber, Neil Adams, and a fair few of the playing staff as well. I’d be getting rid of McLean, Rupp, Lees-Melou, Zimmermann, Dowell, Placheta, if not more. All middling, Championship-at-best players without time on their side (with the exception of Dowell and Placheta who are just nowhere near good enough).

Agree with some, but not all. I'd say Gibson, McLean, Hernandez, Hugill, in all likelihood Cantwell, and Dowell. Rupp's well worth keeping for the Champs, but I'd look at building with Omobamidele, Rowe, Idah, Sörensen... or indeed if Sinani and Mumba start coming on in pre-season, them too.

I'd keep PLM - he's been up-and-down but am sure he'll do a Rupp and look good in the Champs next season as he's more settled into British football. If we got a good offer for Aarons I wouldn't be too unhappy as Byram as a first-choicer and Mumba as back-up should work nicely.

Think the squad can take a bit of a trim, to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

But dean smith is head and shoulders above his predecessor. His stats are way way better.

And yet we’ve still lost 2 must win games against teams of equal ability who are on terrible runs of form, and both times our performance has been absolutely shocking. Simply isn’t good enough. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

What's the point? 

The whole club is an absolute s3ht show. Complete an utter embarrassment. Leeds and Brentford can't buy a win, and we turn in performances like that. Utter disgrace. 

It isn't just this season. We have a history of bottling big games in relegation 6 pointers.  We're serial bottlers, it's been endemic during this ownership. Riddled through the club from top to bottom. Lambert era the only time we bucked the trend. 

Absolutely pathetic, and a national laughing stock. The amount of opportunities (5?) Delia has had to build something to be proud of at this level, and thrown it away, is criminal. 

DELIA GET OUT OF THE CLUB!!!! Please.

100% this. 

10 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Totally agree. Hope it's a massive clearout. Keep Krul, Hanley, Omo, Rash, Pukki & Rowe from this bunch and sell the rest!

£9 million Sargent to go along with £9 million Gibson and £9 million Tzolis not forgetting og course £7.5 million Giannoulis.

Yep Webber is a genius.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

And yet we’ve still lost 2 must win games against teams of equal ability who are on terrible runs of form, and both times our performance has been absolutely shocking. Simply isn’t good enough. 

I’m sure you realise I was being sarcastic.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

£9 million Sargent to go along with £9 million Gibson and £9 million Tzolis not forgetting og course £7.5 million Giannoulis.

Yep Webber is a genius.

The idea that Dean Smith reports to Stuart Webber 😂😂

The appointment of Smith has been an absolute complete waste of time.

We may as well have just kept Farke and go down that way.

Instead we have paid off millions to Farke and his staff to still be just as sh*t and lose the clubs identity and culture whilst we're at it. 

• Like 2

If we were “serial bottlers” would we not bottle promotion,though?

No, for me it definitely isn’t that - imo it is that the team just isn’t quite up to the level of consistency needed in the PL.  I think we were probably only a couple of players off, but the summer window was far more “quantity over quality” when it was “quality over quantity” that we needed, and then we did precisely nothing in January.  The buck for all that has to stop with Webber, not Smith (or indeed Farke). 

• Like 1

"Game too big for some of them" - Sad indictment of the squad and the motivational capabilities of the manager.

20 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

But dean smith is head and shoulders above his predecessor. His stats are way way better.

Way better?

0.45 points per game versus 0.66 points per game.

Plus over a quarter of Farke's matches were against Champions League teams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Way better?

0.45 points per game versus 0.66 points per game.

Plus over a quarter of Farke's matches were against Champions League teams.

See above. Relax, I was being sarcastic. He was a shocking appointment in my opinion. I felt it at the time and feel it now.