Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The remaining home games at Carrow Rd this season...

12 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Our last home game on the 22nd of May against Tottenham is surely going to be a Carnival of Ecstatic Joy and Celebration?.....

The team can come out of the tunnel to Britney's 'Toxic'......

Start the pre match entertainment with Carole? 

So we've had - kick out Webber threads, kick out DS and MJW threads, kick out players threads......what next, kick out the office staff? Kick out the kit man? The tea lady...person? 

The season has nine games to go - we aren't good enough, so we accept it, we move on and reset for next season. The remaining games are important, not just for points, but for player development and seeing who is still up for the fight. Distractions by gunning for people to be sacked or moved on, whether its a player, staff member or members of the board, are not needed - or necessary.

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So we've had - kick out Webber threads, kick out DS and MJW threads, kick out players threads......what next, kick out the office staff? Kick out the kit man? The tea lady...person? 

The season has nine games to go - we aren't good enough, so we accept it, we move on and reset for next season. The remaining games are important, not just for points, but for player development and seeing who is still up for the fight. Distractions by gunning for people to be sacked or moved on, whether its a player, staff member or members of the board, are not needed - or necessary.

Don’t think we need to kick out the ticket office staff given there don’t appear to be any these days, certainly not during the week anyway. Another facet of the club that has gone downhill. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I honestly believe the best move is to go to the football but don’t go to the football.

get up the city nice and early, have some pre game drinks then when 3pm comes around, just go to another pub.

We can all meet in the castle gardens with a few cans of lager and listen on radio Norfolk until we get fed up!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The season has nine games to go - we aren't good enough, so we accept it, we move on and reset for next season. 

We won't move on with the current thinking at the top in place tho. We're not learning from promotion. Players who weren't good enough last time are still in the team and two years older.

Support the team but as soon as they're   mathematically down call for a change at the top and only play anyone who's going to be here next season. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Start the pre match entertainment with Carole? 

You can play it on your gramophone before you settle into your armchair...

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Our last home game on the 22nd of May against Tottenham is surely going to be a Carnival of Ecstatic Joy and Celebration?.....

The team can come out of the tunnel to Britney's 'Toxic'......

Better still, make it this version. I'm fairly sure at one stage it sounds like frantic coitus between a goose and a penguin.

re 

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Better still, make it this version. I'm fairly sure at one stage it sounds like frantic coitus between a goose and a penguin.

re 

If Norwich City FC did cover versions of popular records.....this would be the quality and standard.....

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

If Norwich City FC did cover versions of popular records.....this would be the quality and standard.....

It is awesome, to be fair. I was wetting myself laughing all the way through it.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

It is awesome, to be fair. I was wetting myself laughing all the way through it.

🤣....Yeah it had me guffawing.....It is funny....

On 13/03/2022 at 17:35, ......and Smith must score. said:

I know it’s not your fault you live in the back of beyond Lakey so rarely get to matches but for those of us who do there’s something distinctly irritating being constantly told to keep banging the drum by someone who rarely has to suffer it live.

Wouldn’t it be far more diplomatic to keep your own counsel on days like today ?

Just sayin ‘……..

Totally agree, to turn up week after week knowing that we will get beat is soul destroying!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

re 

Sweet Jaysus, who the hell made that!!! I made it as far as the end of the first chorus! 😆

17 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Sweet Jaysus, who the hell made that!!! I made it as far as the end of the first chorus! 😆

You think that's good, listen to his versions of Take on Me or Africa. I nearly gave myself a groin strain laughing that hard.

On 13/03/2022 at 16:21, Hoolahoop14 said:

What’s the point, there’s too many OAPs/happy-clappers/meek half arsed supporters at the Carra. Our support has long been embarrassing and the chances of getting them to protest against the current state of affairs are slim to none. They’re all perfectly happy to pay the increased ST prices, turn up every other Saturday and sit there quietly regardless of the result. 

Anyone who does have the balls to do the right thing and protest against this sh1t-show of a football club will only be told “what’s the matter, aren’t you happy we’re a top 26 club?” 

What action, other than hide behind a keyboard, have you done in the “real world” to bring about these changes. Sweet FA, I would guess. 

Traditionally I really enjoyed the lap on the last day of the season. In seasons gone the eye would moisten. Loved the friendly pitch invasion days too. 

On 13/03/2022 at 16:17, The Real Buh said:

I honestly believe the best move is to go to the football but don’t go to the football.

get up the city nice and early, have some pre game drinks then when 3pm comes around, just go to another pub.

Preferably one without a TV or radio, just to be on the safe side.

• Haha 1

On 13/03/2022 at 16:21, Hoolahoop14 said:

Anyone who does have the balls to do the right thing and protest against this sh1t-show of a football club will only be told “what’s the matter, aren’t you happy we’re a top 26 club?” 

Perhaps their balls aren't as big as yours, but a pound to a penny that their brain is a lot bigger 😂

1 hour ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Preferably one without a TV or radio, just to be on the safe side.

What about your phone? I doubt anyone below the age of forty would be seen without one.

On 14/03/2022 at 14:42, lake district canary said:

But don't you think that if Delia and her old man, actually witness a full on protest about how things have been run, maybe just maybe they might think to try a different approach or at least acknowledge how the fans are feeling, instead of basically saying "well that's just sport" and expect everyone to just meekly accept the situation and keep on shelling out £500-£600 a season?

Yes the team needs support and i'm sure they'll get it, but the fans who are actually in the ground must have the right to have their voices heard on this, because you can pretty much guarantee no one on the board is going to take any notice of posts on here.

4 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

But don't you think that if Delia and her old man, actually witness a full on protest about how things have been run, maybe just maybe they might think to try a different approach or at least acknowledge how the fans are feeling, instead of basically saying "well that's just sport" and expect everyone to just meekly accept the situation and keep on shelling out £500-£600 a season?

Yes the team needs support and i'm sure they'll get it, but the fans who are actually in the ground must have the right to have their voices heard on this, because you can pretty much guarantee no one on the board is going to take any notice of posts on here.

What's been stopping the fans in the ground having their voices heard?

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What's been stopping the fans in the ground having their voices heard?

Oh nothing, but its being suggested that everyone should just accept that we are rubbish and not protest. Just making the point that if people want to, I don't see a problem with it. Personally it's enough effort for me to somehow try to finish work in time to actually get to the games, so I'd much rather we were in the Championship as its mostly 3pm sat kick offs.

11 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Oh nothing, but its being suggested that everyone should just accept that we are rubbish and not protest. Just making the point that if people want to, I don't see a problem with it. Personally it's enough effort for me to somehow try to finish work in time to actually get to the games, so I'd much rather we were in the Championship as its mostly 3pm sat kick offs.

Well I don't have much of a voice left by the end of the game. Usually from shouting at the ref although occasionally there's been a goal to celebrate.

But seriously, we're a pretty fair crowd who react to what we see. Boos at halftime in the Chelsea game but back on side after a fighting second half.

If we end the season like in 2020 then the reaction will come and supporters will hit out at what they blame in their hearts.