Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The remaining home games at Carrow Rd this season...

This club were fortunate that 2 seasons ago when we meekly surrended our place in this league that there were no fans in the ground to hold them to account

...this time we need to use the last few games at home to let the owners know in no uncertain terms that its time to sell up..

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 4

Good luck with that one!

I agree with you but soon the Delia fans will be along telling you to organise protests, banners etc 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This club were fortunate that 2 seasons ago when we meekly surrended our place in this league that there were no fans in the ground to hold them to account

...this time we need to use the last few games at home to let the owners know in no uncertain terms that its time to sell up..

And you'll be leading the charge will you?

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Good luck with that one!

I agree with you but soon the Delia fans will be along telling you to organise protests, banners etc 

Well theres nothing else to go to the stadium for. .we've gone past the gallows humour stage...we're now approaching toxic...starting with Burnley (h)

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

No no no no. The remaining four games are there for getting 12 points, or as many as possible. I agree it looks as if we are down, but you still keep trying - and in fighting is just a waste of time when there is a team to support.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You will have to pass a leaflet round with the cup of tea and ginger nut biscuits at the Darby and Joan to get a reaction.

Just now, lake district canary said:

No no no no. The remaining four games are there for getting 12 points, or as many as possible. I agree it looks as if we are down, but you still keep trying - and in fighting is just a waste of time when there is a team to support.

Why do you keep insisting we can get these points? We are losing to teams in free fall and arresting their bad runs. Its over. Its not disloyal to say so.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I honestly believe the best move is to go to the football but don’t go to the football.

get up the city nice and early, have some pre game drinks then when 3pm comes around, just go to another pub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why do you keep insisting we can get these points? We are losing to teams in free fall and arresting their bad runs. Its over. Its not disloyal to say so.

Never give up. What's the point in wallowing in misery? 

• Like 1

What’s the point, there’s too many OAPs/happy-clappers/meek half arsed supporters at the Carra. Our support has long been embarrassing and the chances of getting them to protest against the current state of affairs are slim to none. They’re all perfectly happy to pay the increased ST prices, turn up every other Saturday and sit there quietly regardless of the result. 

Anyone who does have the balls to do the right thing and protest against this sh1t-show of a football club will only be told “what’s the matter, aren’t you happy we’re a top 26 club?” 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Its not. We have been in misery since the first game of the season. I like to watch my team compete and play good football. We are doing neither. Its not giving up. But if you lose successive games like we do where is the optimism to come from? Be reasonable.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Will you be there, watching us lose every week?

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It’s a waste of time mate, we’re only on this planet so long. I can’t stand this league and this group of players wins me up.

I never ever thought I’d put this on record but as much as I love Delia to bits cos she’s delia, she needs to realise that everybody has a shelf life. She keeps telling us how much she cares, if she cared that much she would leave no stone unturned and search for a genuine, credible successor that gives us a chance to compete on this level.

I don’t know who, before somebody asks that silly question, but she should make it her legacy to this club.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Where’s the “village lost their idiot” emoji?

Edited by Kingston Yellow
  • Haha 2

Yeah I can't wait for the Burnley game on April 10th.

Just love it when people who don't go to matches tell us we shouldn't be miserable, and I'll be starting to pay for next season by then as well.

Do badly in that one and there will be an atmosphere of hate build up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nope. Sod this team. Need to put the wind up Delia/MWJ and Webber. 

• Like 2

A lot of people on here are like the loud mouth sitting behind me at the Brentford game. I don’t have a season tick anymore so move around. At half time he was loudly berating our fans for not getting behind the team. He’d spent the whole half literally insulting our players, moaning and groaning. That’s meek. 

39 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Norwich must do perfect work in summer window – sporting director Stuart  Webber | NewsChain

34 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s a waste of time mate, we’re only on this planet so long. I can’t stand this league and this group of players wins me up.

You dont like many on here, but keep returning...............

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't think many are wallowing; it's much, much worse than that. It's acceptance of our fate. With 9 games left. That's how sh*te we are.

Bark at the moon all you like Lakey; this season is done.

OTBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The only thing the current owners will understand, is if those supporters who feel as you do, stay away.

Our last home game of the season when the players do their lap of thanks and stuff will probably be the quickest we've seen them move all season.....Well maybe, if there's anyone's interested in staying back to witness it?....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

The only thing the current owners will understand, is if those supporters who feel as you do, stay away.

We've never had sustained Delia out protests ar Carrow Rd as yet....that would be more powerful than some empty seats

This would mark 4 relegations in each of the last 4 seasons we'vd been in the Premier League.

I dont know what further proof is required that the owners are not fit for purpose at this level

We only just came through an enforced 18 months away from our team. There's no way I'd turn my back and choose to do it some more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I know it’s not your fault you live in the back of beyond Lakey so rarely get to matches but for those of us who do there’s something distinctly irritating being constantly told to keep banging the drum by someone who rarely has to suffer it live.

Wouldn’t it be far more diplomatic to keep your own counsel on days like today ?

Just sayin ‘……..

• Like 1

Burnley game ideal for a boycott its on the telly so on many pubs.  You won't be missing the action by not being there, you would be missing it by actually being there.  I shall be voting with my feet and not attending even missing my Match Pick at Tottenham.  Instead of moaning make a point however trivial or pointless you'll feel better for it. 

12 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Our last home game of the season when the players do their lap of thanks and stuff will probably be the quickest we've seen them move all season.....Well maybe, if there's anyone's interested in staying back to witness it?....

It won’t be one for the faint hearted but it was probably worse in 2009 when we slid into League One.

If I remember rightly they didn’t dare come round at all. 😀