Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

That’s that

Rob Butler will tell you different on Radio Norfolk we still have a chance deluded idiot

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

I surrender. Roll on next season. 

You had better hope Lakey doesn't spot this.

Down with out so much of a whimper.

There is an apathy right down from the owners, DoF, Manager and players that is frankly sickening.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Relegated on Halloween as I often say with our loss to Watford

You often say that and you are often wrong because we played Watford in September.

• Like 1

Most of us knew it months ago but I clung onto the hope we would get some points from Brentford and Leeds.

I went today and it was gutless. No one on the pitch really looked to influence the game. A complete lack of quality in every single area of the pitch. Just zero ideas anywhere.

As I walked back to the car I just thought what’s the point? I see no hope of anything from this squad. And that’s the sad thing. I don’t mind us losing if we show something. But we don’t. 

My season ticket probably won’t get another airing this season. I just can’t be bothered to spend so much time and energy watching a side that is just not good enough for this level and has no chance of being so. I have other interests that will give me far more enjoyment. 

We will talk about the ownership issue once again, but any owners should be throughly angry and upset at this season. However, I really don’t think ours care from what we see on the TV and hear in the press. We are an absolutely pointless Premier League team. We offer nothing and it’s humiliating being a team in the division. 

Edited by (Hoola)Han Solo
  • Like 3

We just got torn to shreds by a Leeds team that have been routinely battered and lost 6 in a row. Anyone with delusions of us staying up this season need their head checking.

Just now, Danbury Yellow said:

I think that the points Leeds are now in we can’t reach.  Today was the day we were relegated, but it’s not officially known yet.  

I think we can arbitrarily decide any time this season we were relegated, I personally don’t think we had much of any chance by the time the summer window closed.

Today may be the day any realistic chance of staying up finally died, but the damage was done long before today, just the hope that was left that’s finally died.

Who was that said a little while back , that we just needed 6 wins from last 13 and its doable …… now 6 from 9 , is this still on do you think lol.

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Are you feeling OK Lakey ? 😀

Fine, just accepting the inevitable - but that doesn't mean the season is over.  Points are still available and win the next game and it changes again - not that I'm pinning my hopes on it, but you never know! 

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Fine, just accepting the inevitable - but that doesn't mean the season is over.  Points are still available and win the next game and it changes again - not that I'm pinning my hopes on it, but you never know! 

Bit of a contradiction there……..accepting the inevitable on the one hand then saying you never know on the other. 😉

Saw this post but went strasight to the fional post just to verify the deluded idiot is still banging the drum.  And not disappointed

With that I’m out.

It’s been a wild ride the last decade or so and even times before that but I’ve never felt so disconnected and disillusioned with it all tbh.

Time to move on with life. 

You earn your corn as a manager by getting a team to play and leave it all on the pitch. If we were seeing that then there would be some small small glimmer that we have something to believe in but I'm just not seeing it and that's the most worrying part not so much for 3 weeks time when we play again but next season. 

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Bit of a contradiction there……..accepting the inevitable on the one hand then saying you never know on the other. 😉

Yep, but isn't that football?  Knowing you are almost ceretainly going down, but secretly still thinking there is still hope?  While there are games still to play and enough points available, then I will always say it is still possible to turn it round.  As it stands after today's match, which seemed our last hope, the players will maybe relax a bit as the expectation has gone and start playing better......