chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (PL/A) *****

Just now, Samwam27 said:

This half cries out fot Rowe on for Sargent. Sargent clearly isn't worth anywhere near £9m, but Rowe and rashica at least look dangerous and create chances

He isn't worth £9.

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Trouble is the Championship is really only truly enjoyable when you're competing at the top - that's why generally most fans crave the Championship over the Prem.

But would they feel the same if we have another dismal stretch in there finishing 15th pretty much every year like we did in the late 90s and mid 2000s.

Indeed.  People forget that until Worthington took over we had years of mediocre struggle in the second tier.

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Trouble is the Championship is really only truly enjoyable when you're competing at the top - that's why generally most fans crave the Championship over the Prem.

But would they feel the same if we have another dismal stretch in there finishing 15th pretty much every year like we did in the late 90s and mid 2000s.

But that happens when you don't make the most of your opportunities.

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

This half cries out fot Rowe on for Sargent. Sargent clearly isn't worth anywhere near £9m, but Rowe and rashica at least look dangerous and create chances

Agreed, but even Raschica looking bad now

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

He isn't worth £9.

I was being generous. You might be right though

Watching us attempting to even kick the ball is both embarrassing and hilarious at the same time 

At least it’s not just Kenny who’s crap in midfield today 😢😠

Still one way traffic. We’ve got absolutely no threat at all. How Webber thought this team could be competitive at PL is a mystery. I’m not convinced it would compete at the top end of the championship 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahem

If the only way to succeed on this league is to be owned by an international criminal individual or organisation then f@&k this league.

That’s not support for Delia, but I won’t support this filthy league anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

This is why it's a paradox - success or entertainment and rarely both.

Even during those average years, we still turned up to see football and could never be sure of the outcome but we had a team to watch and a club to be proud of. It was a Saturday afternoon out and we had talking points, saw some good stuff (and Elvis Hammond on loan)

It is hard not to be defeatist about it but we lurch from amazing to utter sh1te every season - I just want to watch my local team play 90 minutes and never be sure of the likely result either before a match kicks off or as soon as the first goal is scored. If we win something, great. If we don't then it doesn't bother me any more. Maybe I am just getting old and cynical.

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

we can blame Webber for all this -shambles of a team, 

Webber and the owners who have implemented an unsustainable model for the premier league

Leeds who are on a terrible run should be at least 4 up, I know we have terrible players but Smith has done nothing positive to improve us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Ahem

If the only way to succeed on this league is to be owned by an international criminal individual or organisation then f@&k this league.

That’s not support for Delia, but I won’t support this filthy league anymore.

It isn't the only way to suceed. We can't even beat the **** teams.

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Still one way traffic. We’ve got absolutely no threat at all. How Webber thought this team could be competitive at PL is a mystery. I’m not convinced it would compete at the top end of the championship 

The thing is that morale is taking such a hammering that that is going to be a real hangover next season. It could easily be 6-0 already today, and the players know that. There's also a strong victim culture creeping in with all this moaning about VAR. Have to face reality of a complete rebuild in the Championship and hope that it's not a relegation battle next season.

• Like 1

Leeds have been terrible for months, was speaking to a Leeds fan yesterday who said we'd probably beat them. 

Now they are playing like Barcelona and peppering our goal and we're just not in the game. Wtf is it with Norwich?

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Wouldn't you absolutely some journalist with balls to ask him about this, and put him in an uncomfortable position. This seasons recruits have been dire! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jsim1986 said:

Leeds who are on a terrible run should be at least 4 up, I know we have terrible players but Smith has done nothing positive to improve us.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

He's a football manager not a magician.

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

The thing is that morale is taking such a hammering that that is going to be a real hangover next season. It could easily be 6-0 already today, and the players know that. There's also a strong victim culture creeping in with all this moaning about VAR. Have to face reality of a complete rebuild in the Championship and hope that it's not a relegation battle next season.

A complete rebuild feels like an understatement, of the starting XI today I'd only be happy with Aarons and Rashica starting, if the 2 of them are still here next season.

Just now, ricardo said:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

He's a football manager not a magician.

He made a sows ear out of a silk purse at Villa

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

I'm sure all of that was said 2 seasons ago and we ended up winning promotion at a canter

Providing Fulham and Bournemouth are promoted and someone like Everton isnt relegated, I'd expect us to be toward the top again

When you see the likes of Huddersfield,Blackburn ,Luton and QPR around the playoff places, it doesnt look the strongest

• Like 1

Other than Rashica this team is bereft of any creativity. With Pukki not firing on any cylinders, and Idah out we have nothing

Note how I didn't even include Sargent in that list!

5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

That’s such a load of rubbish.  No side takes all its chances, and their only goal (so far) shouldn’t have stood!  You seem to think we should play with no keeper or something.

No one can honestly say Var isn’t anything but a complete shambles, but you have to live with its decisions, right or wrong it is what it is.

Edited by Branston Pickle