chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (PL/A) *****

I think the statement by Delia that she is not going anywhere maybe the “straw that breaks the camels back” and leads to a Chase scale rebellion against the board and owners. There is a growing ground swell of opinion that it is time for change at the top. 

Edited by Helsinki canary

Still cant believe that Onel couldnt have offered us something this season

Had the chance to recall him in Jan and didnt , better than anything on the bench and arguably some on the pitch

...and then theres the clubwide shame that is Cantwell currently playing in the Championship when we have a bench like we have

• Like 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

Can you give me one good reason why we would want to get promoted next season.

Yes

Money

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

That happened for me well before Xmas but like everyone else I hoped for miracles. The reality was hard to accept.

I think we all knew we were down when it took until November to win our first game. Any team would struggle to stay up with that being the case, let alone a club so used to failure like Norwich.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Even though the first goal shouldn't have stood, we should be 3 down in all honesty.

Yes but if we get our penalty snd they are down to 10 as they should be, different gsme 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Started well. Officials turned the game with revisions frankly so bad they appear corrupt. 3 yellows not given first ten mins. Penalty to us not given. Goal was offside and Ayling should be off.

Since the 25 minute mark though our defending has been poor and the midfield far too open. Kenny losing it in dangerous areas. We need Sorensen out there.

Still in it (somehow) and have played well in patches. So angry about the officials though as they have got Leeds going. 

Pretty much spot on - it’s astonishing how some players/sides get cards so easily and others not.  In the first ten there could/should have been 3, none given.  

The goal has just left me flummoxed - particularly when we continually see perfectly decent goals disallowed for the most marginal of line decisions (several in the cup final last weekend).

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pretty much spot on - it’s astonishing how some players/sides get cards so easily and others not.  In the first ten there could/should have been 3, none given.  

The goal has just left me flummoxed - particularly when we continually see perfectly decent goals disallowed for the most marginal of line decisions (several in the cup final last weekend).

Two were the same player as well. 

Up until the first season in the prem we had been signing players who were great technically, in fact I'm not sure I can think of one who wasn't. However after the end to that season we got spooked by our lack of 'athleticism' up against other top level sides. This was lesser seen in last season's recruitment, though Placheta and Hugill were indicators, players who's athletic attributes trump their technical ones. Going up we lost by far the best technician at the club (who also was our main creator) and signed a majority of players who are seen as better athletes than what we had before. Sargent, Williams, Normann and Rashica (some more than others) represent this perfectly. Gilmour was the obvious technical player, but doesn't seem to have the physicality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I have neither watched or listened to it. Following this stream is bad enough.

We have never looked remotely good enough and even those of us with rose coloured glasses ought to have been able to see that months ago.

We must all live in hope but it shouldn't have blinded us as to the facts.

Totally with you Ricardo, i jacked it in after the Brentford debacle, no where near good enough and I really cant be bothered watching another sh*tshow which from the comments here, sounds pretty much what it is.. again.

Just now, ricardo said:

Yes

Money

Indeed...our whole 'self funded' model requires us to be promoted every few seasons and reap a continuous flow of parahacute payments whenever we're not.

With owners who dont invest , all it would take is 2 or 3 seasons in the championship when those payments run out and saleable assets to dry up for one summer and we're just the same as most championship clubs.  In fact if anything we'd be one of the poorer with owners at the bottom of that league's wealth table too

9 minutes ago, Bovril said:

The squad just lacks a complete lack of quality. Promotion next year leaks very bleak indeed, that's the worst thing.

And this is the paradox we have. We hate the PL because we cannot hope to compete competitively because we are restricted financially.

I like the Championship because it is a tough, challenging league and you have a decent chance of success...but winning it is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

So, do we even want to be promoted again?

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Started better this half apparently

That's arguable at best.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Indeed...our whole 'self funded' model requires us to be promoted every few seasons and reap a continuous flow of parahacute payments whenever we're not.

With owners who dont invest , all it would take is 2 or 3 seasons in the championship when those payments run out and saleable assets to dry up for one summer and we're just the same as most championship clubs.  In fact if anything we'd be one of the poorer with owners at the bottom of that league's wealth table too

The self funded model will never make us into a Premier team, there just isn't enough money generated. It was the idea of an ownership that doesn't have the wherewith all to sustain a proper Premier outfit. We have little choice but to accept what we are in the absence of a benefactor.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Yes

Money

We're like a heroin addict - we know our dealer (EPL) doesn't give a sh1t about us and we'd prefer he f*cked off but we can't survive without our next fix from him (££££££).

This season appears to be ending in a scarily similar way to the last Premier League outing.

OTBC

I have never watched anything this bad this season as I am seeing today, how we are only one down is beyond belief

Edited by Jsim1986

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

And this is the paradox we have. We hate the PL because we cannot hope to compete competitively because we are restricted financially.

I like the Championship because it is a tough, challenging league and you have a decent chance of success...but winning it is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

So, do we even want to be promoted again?

Trouble is the Championship is really only truly enjoyable when you're competing at the top - that's why generally most fans crave the Championship over the Prem.

But would they feel the same if we have another dismal stretch in there finishing 15th pretty much every year like we did in the late 90s and mid 2000s.

This half cries out fot Rowe on for Sargent. Sargent clearly isn't worth anywhere near £9m, but Rowe and rashica at least look dangerous and create chances

12 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Can you give me one good reason why we would want to get promoted next season.

Oh absolutely none, certainly not under this ownership