chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (PL/A) *****

10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Buendia and Cantwell are pretty massive differences from our last PL season, not to mention a Tettey mould DM. We haven’t replaced any, it’s no wonder we are so f’ing sh’t.

Well, for starters, the reason Cantwell really kicked us in the goolies is because no one could have predicted such a fall from grace - no opportunity to replace him really.

Buendia-wise we brought in Rashica. I think that's fair, we can't expect Rashica to emulate what Buendia did after a season of championship football in his first season in English football. And we do have to respect that Buendia had the championship season to adapt to the game here. Rashica may well not end up as good as Buendia, but then, we signed a player for £1.5m and sold him for £35m+. Hard ask, especially with PL tax that clubs put onto value of players.

Tettey wise is the most frustrating. Sorensen looks like he could at least give that a go. Normann told us he could. Shouldn't be hard to find that player really.

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Sorry Hoggy, I’ve played to a good level, got the coaching qualifications and don’t work at Tesco’s.    I called it two years ago, last season and this, McLean isn’t very good, doesn’t have any attributes at this level and is average in the Championship. He was the best of a bad bunch two years ago and needed replacing then, we have to move on as soon as possible and look for stronger more athletic operators.   He can’t control the tempo in games, is far too passive and has limited technical ability.   

Oh yeah he's not good enough for the prem. But neither are any of our midfield.

• Like 1

We're currently the lowest scoring club in the four leagues and we've conceded more goals than a conceding goals thing.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

That is true. But he is the one who survives every game when he is probably the least talented.

17 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Hahaha that's rich, you are on a constant ego trip on here, so full of your own self importance 😂

Are you sure about that as i had never noticed ? 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fcuk off😂

Told you yesterday KGD - ill always love you. 

That thread has been removed - but my sentiment remains my friend! 

Big love! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Need something of a trim down, it'll naturally happen with four loanees, but we need to sell a few of the older ones who are essentially average. I'd sell Gibson, McLean, Hugill, Cantwell, Dowell and Hernandez. Probably loan Placheta out. Get Rupp another year's contract. Look for a more physical box-to-box sort in the middle.

If we keep Aarons, fine. If we get a nice offer, fine - play Byram and have Mumba as reserve. Build a newer team around Omobamidele, Sörensen, let Rowe and Tzolis have some goes and Idah. And more than anything, no loanees unless they're an experienced pro looking to come back rather than an ultra-promising youngster.

We must hold our heads up high, everything was against us, the referee's decisions, the offside rule, the VAR, too much extra time, the wind was against us and Leeds had the audacity to field a better team than us. We were in a no-win situation, but we must never ever give up. Keep the faith, in the end we will go places.

I'd love to know what's happened to Norman.  He looked like he had something but since the injury, he's completely lost the spark.

Gibson is showing why Dyche couldn't wait to get shot of him.

A point would’ve been next to useless and only extended the agony. Leeds weren’t great but they deserved to win today.

We’ve looked way short of PL standard all season and can’t complain where we find ourselves. Smith or Farke as manager makes little difference when the squad is so woefully lacking in the quality needed to at least make a fist of staying in this League

I know we are not good enough and it’s beyond my comprehension we found a way to lose that having equalised like that but it cannot be overestimated how much the officials influenced that game.

3 yellows not given first ten minutes.

Penalty to us not given before they scored.

offside goal allowed for them.

red card not given for Ayling tackle.

penalty overturned dubiously.

another red not given for Harrison stamp on Max.

Can’t ever recall a worse set of officials. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That is true. But he is the one who survives every game when he is probably the least talented.

I think he survives because he's better in the air than our other midfielders and has a good workrate. I didnt see any other midfielder busting a gut to get in the box for our goal today, for example.

I like Rupp and thought he might replace Kenny but he came in today and was the worst on the pitch for 45 mins 

Rivvo won't get another gig on Radio Snorefolk if the club hierarchy get wind of his 'telling it how it is' comments....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chicken said:

Well, for starters, the reason Cantwell really kicked us in the goolies is because no one could have predicted such a fall from grace - no opportunity to replace him really.

Buendia-wise we brought in Rashica. I think that's fair, we can't expect Rashica to emulate what Buendia did after a season of championship football in his first season in English football. And we do have to respect that Buendia had the championship season to adapt to the game here. Rashica may well not end up as good as Buendia, but then, we signed a player for £1.5m and sold him for £35m+. Hard ask, especially with PL tax that clubs put onto value of players.

Tettey wise is the most frustrating. Sorensen looks like he could at least give that a go. Normann told us he could. Shouldn't be hard to find that player really.

Whatever happened with Cantwell is at least partly the fault of the leadership team at the club, can’t ignore that.

Rashica isn’t even close to a direct replacement for Buendia though. I think he’s a great asset and one of the few who looks the part this season. However Buendia was a creative midfielder and Rashica is a direct, pacy winger. He’s not what we needed to get the best out of Pukki.

I agree finding a Tettey replacement should have been easy. We just needed that one enforcer as an option and we didn’t get it.

Overall any post mortem of our summer is pretty damning, hard to spin it otherwise.

Edited by Monty13

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Rivvo won't get another gig on Radio Snorefolk if the club hierarchy get wind of his 'telling it how it is' comments....

maybe he will get a gig on Radio Norfolk +, for subscribers only. 

go there to hear what the Ex pros really think

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

They need him on every week, he's great.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Winning £50 from you is all I care about now. Safe journey home, I’m off back to the Three Horseshoes. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

maybe he will get a gig on Radio Norfolk +, for subscribers only. 

go there to hear what the Ex pros really think

Does the comment 'Wet Farts' get through their filters?....Because they get through my boxer shorts....

The only conslation is that I dont think a point would have been good enough anyway

Its frustrating that it helps Leeds but they wont beat anyone else.

Everton still have 3 games in hand on them and Watford play them at Vicarage Rd in a couple of weeks which I'd expect them to win

I'd still back Leeds to come down with us

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

On the plus side we don't have to watch this depressing shower of ****e for three weeks. Huzzah!

Does that mean you wont be posting..... just asking. (hoping!) 😉 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The only conslation is that I dont think a point would have been good enough anyway

Its frustrating that it helps Leeds but they wont beat anyone else.

Everton still have 3 games in hand on them and Watford play them at Vicarage Rd in a couple of weeks which I'd expect them to win

I'd still back Leeds to come down with us

T'wud be a small bit of a consolation if the mighty Leeds came down with us alright. But by God, we are dog$híte.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You already know the answer to that

Damn - We can but hope. 

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Told you yesterday KGD - ill always love you. 

That thread has been removed - but my sentiment remains my friend! 

Big love! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Its nice that we can still laugh despite all our angst.

I haven't made my mind up if I love you or not. 💋

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Whatever happened with Cantwell is at least partly the fault of the leadership team at the club, can’t ignore that.

Rashica isn’t even close to a direct replacement for Buendia though. I think he’s a great asset and one of the few who looks the part this season. However Buendia was a creative midfielder and Rashica is a direct, pacy winger. He’s not what we needed to get the best out of Pukki.

I agree finding a Tettey replacement should have been easy. We just needed that one enforcer as an option and we didn’t get it.

Overall any post mortem of our summer is pretty damning, hard to spin it otherwise.

I’d be interested to see how many goals and assists Cantwell gets at Bournemouth. So far six games and 0 goals 0 assists, in a team that tend to dominate those around them, not convincing me we would be a)better off with Cantwell b)in any way regretting losing a PL quality player. He had 5-6 good games in one spell of great form in the Prem, aside from that he hasn’t shown he is anything to write home about EVER for us. That includes the promotion season. The leadership team inly messed up by not selling him when his stock was falsely high. The pundits did not get his level of quality right as, just like Billy G they base their view on little research and a highlights reel.