chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (PL/A) *****

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You're getting worse.

I get it. Everyone's been having on McLean for...being picked - and they don't like the fact he scored. I absolutely love it

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Hahaha that's rich, you are on a constant ego trip on here, so full of your own self importance 😂 go s*ck off your experienced coaches ✊🏻💦

Shouldn't you be paying for a banner? 😅😅

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

To be fair we deserve nothing from this.

Correct.

I suppose looking on the bright side…….we could have had Frank Lampard in charge….

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Is it over

No, we've still got 9 painful games to go. Will it ever be over?

Can we get Farke back now? Genuinely would have him in a heartbeat for next season. Everyone kept saying how great Dean Smith was but he's is a downgrade - Distinctly average. Dull football in the championship awaits us under him next year.

• Like 7

So we are basically 9 points adrift with 9 to play. And the thing is we aren't even improving. We are getting worse.

If someone had said that was a League One game nobody could have told the difference.

We deserved what we got. Awful and gutless performance.

Big changes required at the club, the current set-up is about as proven as it gets at failing at this level. We're well on our way to championship mediocrity.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

So we are basically 9 points adrift with 9 to play. And the thing is we aren't even improving. We are getting worse.

If someone had said that was a League One game nobody could have told the difference.

Don't worry, apparently we're going to get, what is it - was 6 wins from 12 - so now 6 wins from 9 😂

After 29 games, we are 4 points and -18 GD worse off than we were at this point in our last Premier League season

C'mon Delia, C,mon Webber, why no coming out for rallying cries. This is worse than last EPL season. You've got a lot to answer for

8 minutes ago, HoolaOHoolahan said:

Can we get Farke back now? Genuinely would have him in a heartbeat for next season. Everyone kept saying how great Dean Smith was but he's is a downgrade - Distinctly average. Dull football in the championship awaits us under him next year.

This all day long. Smith was a panic appointment in my opinion that clearly hasn’t had the desired effect that Webber had hoped for 

Edited by Virtual reality

Team is simply not good enough.

The passing.

The shooting.

The defending.

Even the lack fight in the 50-50s

2 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Did anyone else see Smith tell Krul not to go up for the corner only to be told to do one?

And then should have had an assist to his name as Pukki should have buried that

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I get it. Everyone's been having on McLean for...being picked - and they don't like the fact he scored. I absolutely love it

If that is what floats your boat then fine. I would rather see us play well than get excited because McLean scored. SO that one moment excuses the dross he turns out game after game while others have to sit on the bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

After 29 games, we are 4 points and -18 GD worse off than we were at this point in our last Premier League season

Yeah - and we had Buendia and an in-form Cantwell then

Second best today. Pukki and krul deserve better than  this. Stuck with us to be subject to this.......not a delia hater (although I do think we need bigger investment to even try to stay in this league). As for webber......time to go, shown it's more misses than  hits. Smith.....theres the conundrum,  stick and let him build his team....dont get promotion, we may not get promotion again. Change him? Who? Farke return? Not sure......

Just now, McWrighty said:

Yeah - and we had Buendia and an in-form Cantwell then

Don't worry Kenny is on a goal scoring run now. That he can't pass has nothing to do with it of course.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Take a little look in the mirror. 16 odd years of you hating on here like a spoilt brat and still hanging around like a bad smell 😅 go organise your little Delia out protests 😀😀😀

6 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Hahaha that's rich, you are on a constant ego trip on here, so full of your own self importance 😂 go s*ck off your experienced coaches ✊🏻💦

Pop you two down for Friendly Friday place? 

• Sad 1

The trouble is with relegation all but secured it now goes back to the timing of Farke getting sacked. Straight after a morale boosting win, with clearly no strategic appointment coming in (and hence Dean Smith despite him being in a job at the time they had made the decision to sack Farke). 

Webber has given us some good times and put the club back on a stable financial footing which he should rightly be given praise for, but now he must die on his sword after two shockingly poor attempts at staying in this division via his recruitment. 

• Like 1

The loss of Todd was one of the big blows this season. This is now going to be a long old season. After seeing Jon Rowe in under 23s I hope he gets a chance now. 

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

This all day long. Smith was a picnic appointment in my opinion that clearly hasn’t had the desired effect that Webber had hoped for 

Picnic or panic? If it's a picnic I think he got a basket without any fkn sandwiches in. It was an idiotic decision, the latest Webber and the owners have made, and it's those decisions rather than the pathetic blaming of everything or VAR or referees that need to be accepted.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bovril said:

The trouble is with relegation all but secured it now goes back to the timing of Farke getting sacked. Straight after a morale boosting win, with clearly no strategic appointment coming in (and hence Dean Smith despite him being in a job at the time they had made the decision to sack Farke). 

Webber has given us some good times and put the club back on a stable financial footing which he should rightly be given praise for, but now he must die on his sword after two shockingly poor attempts at staying in this division via his recruitment. 

Was Smith still in the Villa job? He was sacked the next day after DF was sacked.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Problem is I've got experienced football managers and coaches on my side, you got a bunch of lads that work in Tesco on your side 😅😅😅

Sorry Hoggy, I’ve played to a good level, got the coaching qualifications and don’t work at Tesco’s.    I called it two years ago, last season and this, McLean isn’t very good, doesn’t have any attributes at this level and is average in the Championship. He was the best of a bad bunch two years ago and needed replacing then, we have to move on as soon as possible and look for stronger more athletic operators.   He can’t control the tempo in games, is far too passive and has limited technical ability.   

• Like 1