chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (PL/A) *****

Leeds have been **** poor yet should be 4 or 5 goals up, says all you need to know about us

Good to see McLean showing how good he is by falling over and giving away the ball anytime a Leeds playing comes near him..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Lakey...is that you?

OTBC

Lakey would've used several paragraphs for this and told us Sargent will win the Golden Boot too

Seeing we have been so useless this half must be better 2nd.  A la Chelsea

Just now, Canary Jedi said:

Glad it’s half time. Need the same team talk as per half time vs Chelsea. Let’s make some changes and go for it!

WE don't need a hairdryer. We need a Hovercraft

• Haha 2

So do we still rate Smith? Is he the right man to give next season too? Should we be looking at a progressive manager with successful style with working to a budget? Robins?

• Like 1

I've been critical of Kenny but Rupp is having an absolute shocked today- just looked and he's only completed 40% of his passes. Saying that the entire midfield looks completely lightweight and easily bypassed.

Sargent is back to being an absolute nothing player (remember when everyone thought he'd turned a corner v Watford?), lots of puff but zero end product. Pukki might as well not be on the pitch. Rashica is trying but it isn't happening for him.

Williams I like but he's painfully one footed which kills us when trying to counter. Krul rolls the ball out to him and he always has to check inside and any counter attacking momentum is gone.

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

Sack them. I am not sure who "them" are but something clearly needs to change. Maybe everyone. Sack everyone.

But they are on contracts

That's it I'm off up Colney tomorrow, not to have a pop at anyone though but because I genuinely think I could get a game..... 

• Like 2

Just now, Indy said:

So do we still rate Smith? Is he the right man to give next season too? Should we be looking at a progressive manager with successful style with working to a budget? Robins?

Good shout.

A root and branch overhaul needed, sack webber, sack the board and boot out all the under performing players, we won’t have much left after that😂

I have neither watched or listened to it. Following this stream is bad enough.

We have never looked remotely good enough and even those of us with rose coloured glasses ought to have been able to see that months ago.

We must all live in hope but it shouldn't have blinded us as to the facts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I blame Webber and the players more personally. I don’t see why Smith doesn’t deserve a summer and backing, we aren’t Watford.

• Like 1

We won’t get another point this season. Those who think we’ll be getting promoted next season are in for a very rude awakening. 

• Like 1

Started well. Officials turned the game with revisions frankly so bad they appear corrupt. 3 yellows not given first ten mins. Penalty to us not given. Goal was offside and Ayling should be off.

Since the 25 minute mark though our defending has been poor and the midfield far too open. Kenny losing it in dangerous areas. We need Sorensen out there.

Still in it (somehow) and have played well in patches. So angry about the officials though as they have got Leeds going. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I'm not usually one for the former players thing, but Robins is a good shout and I remember hoping we'd take a punt on him before we got Farke. I'm not actually even sure Smith will stay to be honest, but I just don't feel the fit is right. We clearly never intended to even get him in as he was in a job when Farke was sacked. 

The squad just lacks a complete lack of quality. Promotion next year leaks very bleak indeed, that's the worst thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

I have neither watched or listened to it. Following this stream is bad enough.

We have never looked remotely good enough and even those of us with rose coloured glasses ought to have been able to see that months ago.

We must all live in hope but it shouldn't have blinded us as to the facts.

The Brentford game finally killed it stone dead for me. I'm watching today more out of a sense of duty than any kind of enjoyment or expectation.

OTBC

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Started well. Officials turned the game with revisions frankly so bad they appear corrupt. 3 yellows not given first ten mins. Penalty to us not given. Goal was offside and Ayling should be off.

Since the 25 minute mark though our defending has been poor and the midfield far too open. Kenny losing it in dangerous areas. We need Sorensen out there.

Still in it (somehow) and have played well in patches. So angry about the officials though as they have got Leeds going. 

What patches were those? I must've missed them

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

We won’t get another point this season. Those who think we’ll be getting promoted next season are in for a very rude awakening. 

Not a chance we get promoted next season without a massive overhaul, and even then we need to get Webber off any involvement in recruitment. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

i agree we need a Total clear out 

we were meant to be getting stronger every season so when we got to the PL after a few yo yo years  we would stay there 

this season seems to me has put us back 2/3 years 

only pukki at a push would get anywhere near PL football 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It was never, ever a penalty. Ever.

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Fair summary. Apart from we should be 3 down despite the fact the goal shouldn't have stood.

Saying that goals change games and until the goal it was fairly even. Maybe if officials done their job...

Either way, a lot needs to change second half.

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

The Brentford game finally killed it stone dead for me. I'm watching today more out of a sense of duty than any kind of enjoyment or expectation.

OTBC

That happened for me well before Xmas but like everyone else I hoped for miracles. The reality was hard to accept.

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Yes, same here sadly. 

We just don't have the required ability level for this league, all over the pitch. 

Dean Smith hasn't had a chance to buy a player, but he clearly isn't getting anything out of the team / squad. The football is dire. It does make me fear for next season.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Not a chance we get promoted next season without a massive overhaul, and even then we need to get Webber off any involvement in recruitment. 

Can you give me one good reason why we would want to get promoted next season.

• Like 1