chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leeds (PL/A) *****

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma JD Vitality รง 35 SBOTOP ELLAND ROAD SUNDAY MARCH 13 KICK-OFF 2PM (UK)"
Away fixture at Elland Road, KO - 2pm.
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF LEEDS UNITEDV NORWICH CITY Helsinki 16:00 Toronto 09:00 Norwich 14:00 Berlin 15:00 Tampa Bay 09:00 Los Angeles 06:00 Beijing 22:00 Pristina 15:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Athens 16:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 01:00"
May be an image of outdoors and stadiumimage.png.f1cc0e2d277ceb7b721c4d8e133a3467.png
May be an image of 12 people and text that says "#LEENOR STARTINGX PUKKI RASHICA SARGENT McLEAN EA RUPP LEES-MELOU WILLIAMS 7 KABAK GIBSON AARONS KRUL SUBS GUNN GILMOUR. DOWELL SORENSEN NORMANN PลACHETA. GIANNOULIS. TOMKINSON ROWE DRAFT KINGS"
Videos:

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual article on the pre match presser here.
The BBC has it's usual build up article here.
The club has it's own preview of the match here, at canaries.co.uk.

In, out's, shaking it all abouts:
Norwich: Byram, Hanley and Zimmermann not in the matchday squad. Hanley has tested positive for Covid, PL has enforced he is not able to play. Gibson returns. Idah and Omobamidele remain out with long term injuries.
Leeds: Bamford and Llorente return return from injury.

A little bit of knowledge:
First time the two clubs have played at Elland Road in the top tier of English football since 1996 and the first time both clubs have met on the back of both teams having a 6 game losing streak.

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 3

Oh dear Kabak Gibson partnership has disaster written all over it! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช
At least Mr McArm Waver starts again!

Edited by Indy

Is Hanley injured? And why is McLean so untouchable? He has been our worst player for the last two games and still he gets in.ย 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Oh dear Kabak Gibson partnership has disaster written all over it! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช

Hanley Covid and presumably Zimmerman injured again. We'll miss Hanley's pace.

• Haha 1

That's the midfield two I would have started with. McLean's aerial ability as a 10 makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bit late with the thread today chicken. Figured you weren't on for it today.

With the selection I reckon without Idah that is pretty much Smiths preferred midfield and attack

I suggest you might be the only contributor who finds that midfield the best we could field.ย  No creativity little defensive cover.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

That's the midfield two I would have started with. McLean's aerial ability as a 10 makes sense.

I would have played Rowe and moved Sargent into that McLean position! We need three points.

Edited by Indy

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Bit late with the thread today chicken. Figured you weren't on for it today.

With the selection I reckon without Idah that is pretty much Smiths preferred midfield and attack

Life's been a bit busy of late. Had the in-laws over this morning, so it was a mad dash to the PC when they left. Father in law is a huge Norwich fan and season ticket holder. Great folks. That's how it works out sometimes. Probably should have done it last night for the traveling fans.

I wish that I had access to that player cam facility. I would be tempted to use it on Kenny McLean today to finally be able to discern why he is so rated by mangers yet so much the object of abuse by posters on here.

Win today and we are right back in it. Amazing!

OTBC

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Life's been a bit busy of late. Had the in-laws over this morning, so it was a mad dash to the PC when they left. Father in law is a huge Norwich fan and season ticket holder. Great folks. That's how it works out sometimes. Probably should have done it last night for the traveling fans.

Just want to say thanks for doing it. If our team played anywhere near as well as you make these things, we wouldn't be stuck on the bottom of the table with 17 points.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Kabak,Gibson and McLean?

ย 

Game over already and its not started, just hand Leeds the 3 points I cant be arsed anymore

ย 

(Hope I get to eat humble pie come the full 90..)

Kabak and Gibson is clearly forced, not another senior CB of the 5 even in the squad.

Was wondering why Sรถrensen was missing again, but he may be needed as an ersatz centre-half. PLM and Rupp together might work quite well though.

It's incredible how much the quality of our first team has declined in the couple of years since that game. I miss those players willing to take on their man, the intricate play around the edge of the box, actually scoring 3 times in the same game. We've gone backwards for sure.ย 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

How many beers have you had?ย His aerial prowess is to lose more headers than he wins. He's crap. Total, total crap.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I wish that I had access to that player cam facility. I would be tempted to use it on Kenny McLean today to finally be able to discern why he is so rated by mangers yet so much the object of abuse by posters on here.

Win today and we are right back in it. Amazing!

OTBC

Broady as just said on Radio Norfolk, McLean is a nothing player and brings nothing to the team, thatโ€™s from a pro footballer in Rivvo! Doesnโ€™t creat, doesnโ€™t score and doesnโ€™t stop goals!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Broady as just said on Radio Norfolk, McLean is a nothing player and brings nothing to the team, thatโ€™s from a pro footballer in Rivvo! Doesnโ€™t creat, doesnโ€™t score and doesnโ€™t stop goals!

I think it would be helpful for Kenny, as well as us fans, if Deano could explain why Kenny is always in the team - just so we can notice things about him that we might be missing!

Lets haveย a sweepstake on which minute in first 10 we shall concede.ย  6th is favourite followed closely by 3rd.ย 

WE AREย DOOMED TODAY if we lose to Leedsย  ,๐Ÿ˜ซ

Edited by baldy09