Sign in to follow this  
breeks_mctavish

Look how good Billy Gilmour has become

Found this video on a Chelsea website. Thought you lot might like it 😂

in fairness not a bad showreel for a kid in his first full season in the premier league

3 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

in fairness not a bad showreel for a kid in his first full season in the premier league

Indeed not a bad showreel.  🤫video must have been doctored with . Can't be Billy surely. Never happen.🤣

4 hours ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Imagine sifting through all our games to cut that together of the BG. Imagine how long all the bad bits would be. The thing is, what you see on that show reel is what I expect a player to do in 90 minutes! 

i think you have found the source of how our club signs players watch a show reel No need to send a scout just sign him 

• Like 1

Just now, norfolkngood said:

i think you have found the source of how our club signs players watch a show reel No need to send a scout just sign him 

😂

Funnily enough, show reels don't show the real picture. I'm reasonably OK with his work on the ball (although disappointed with the lack of goals and assists), it's his abject failure to do the important and necessary defensive work that has cost us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

They missed out the bit where he missed an open goal.

Or where he spends 80 minutes not involved.

Oh I missed that one. Open goal. Must be the only player in norwich to miss open goals then. 80 minutes wow. Is he having a fag on the touchline then. Yep he's utter **** no football brain . Not like 95 % of the rest. I would sack him. God that decision by farke and webber to take him was absolutely  shocking. He must be the only one to blame for the catastrophic season so far. 

I understand your frustration. But I can also understand gilmours frustration.  

Billy Harry Kane Gilmour. 

Just remember that someone once made a video that made Mark Fotheringham look like a potential Ballon d'Or contender

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going to invite flak here, but I don't think Gilmour has been the main problem in the midfield this season. IMO, Farke saw the problem with Gilmour, but came up with the wrong solution: dropping Gilmour rather than McLean.

I know I sound like another poster making McLean the scapegoat, but I really think he has been very destructive to the team this season. As another poster pointed out somewhere (sorry, can't remember who or where), he is a ball-chaser. 17-year-old kids are ball-chasers and get it trained out of them; a player of McLean's experience should have the discipline to know what his role is and stick to it. With all his pointing and barking at his team-mates, he gives me the impression that he imagines he has taken over Buendia's free-ranging role in midfield. Buendia's freedom to roam the park, with not a smidgen of Buendia's talent or creativity. McLean is one of Cantona's water-carriers and he should stick to doing that or be replaced by someone who is willing to take a more humble role in the side.

EDIT: Then a player with greater talent such as Gilmour could have a free role without the midfield falling apart if he loses the ball.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 5

Please stop!!!

So, I've got up on a Saturday morning, no work so a bit of free time, and visit the forum to see what's being talked about. And what do I find - a succession of people slagging off a 20 year old player who is trying to find his feet in the hardest league in the world.

It's just not impressive or healthy. Gilmour is a good prospect, battling to become an influence in games. To be playing at his level, at his age, is an incredible achievement. He doesn't deserve all the brickbats, some valid and some sheer nonsense. What he is achieving is the dream of most kids. Where his career takes him, no one knows. But for goodness sake show a little understanding of what you are seeing. Please!

• Like 8

The issue most are having, isn't with Gilmour himself i'd imagine, it's more the fact that his signing has clearly not been a good fit for us, or for him. What we needed was a Premier League ready midfielder to help us actually stay in the EPL, what we signed was an undoubtedly talented youngster, who will probably go on to have a decent career, but who is rough around the edges and not ready to be placed in the middle of a relegation battle in the toughest league in the world, with let's face it, the weakest squad in the division.

If he'd gone to Rangers, or one of the top championship clubs where he wouldn't have defensive duties, and lots of time on the ball he would probably look like Iniesta.

If he was one of our youngsters who'd come through the academy, we would be far more patient and there is the main problem, he isn't our player, we aren't bringing a youngster through who will be an asset for us in the future, we are nursing him along and giving him game time, for what? so that he can go back to Chelsea having had a season of football, for their benefit, all we've got out of it is probably a hefty fee payable to Chelsea, with nothing on the pitch to show for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

Please stop!!!

So, I've got up on a Saturday morning, no work so a bit of free time, and visit the forum to see what's being talked about. And what do I find - a succession of people slagging off a 20 year old player who is trying to find his feet in the hardest league in the world.

It's just not impressive or healthy. Gilmour is a good prospect, battling to become an influence in games. To be playing at his level, at his age, is an incredible achievement. He doesn't deserve all the brickbats, some valid and some sheer nonsense. What he is achieving is the dream of most kids. Where his career takes him, no one knows. But for goodness sake show a little understanding of what you are seeing. Please!

Wow someone with sense at last. Out entire squad is sadly not up to the required standard this season but as usual it's the same players getting stick. Anyone that has followed Norwich for over 20 years will have seen far worse players/ teams . I give u Glenn roader, Peter grant, Bryan Hamilton etc.. I can remember getting beat 5-1 at West btom on a Saturday and then 6-1 at port vale the following Wednesday.. can't remember the year though if anyone can help .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Wow someone with sense at last. Out entire squad is sadly not up to the required standard this season but as usual it's the same players getting stick. Anyone that has followed Norwich for over 20 years will have seen far worse players/ teams . I give u Glenn roader, Peter grant, Bryan Hamilton etc.. I can remember getting beat 5-1 at West btom on a Saturday and then 6-1 at port vale the following Wednesday.. can't remember the year though if anyone can help .

December 1996. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

December 1996. 

Cheers mate. Wasn't that the season with mounted police after a defeat to southend on boxing Day?

3 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Cheers mate. Wasn't that the season with mounted police after a defeat to southend on boxing Day?

Norwich played QPR away on Boxing Day and lost 3.2. Any NCFC fans who were on the road for all 3 matches at the Hawthorns, Vale Park and lotus Road had a very merry Christmas. 

When he plays for Scotland he looks considerably better, but then he has the likes of McTominay and McGinn alongside him. Also Scotland seldom play him and McLean together, Kenny is on the bench. 

Unfortunately neither Farke or Smith have been brave enough or clever enough to get the best out of Billy.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

When he plays for Scotland he looks considerably better, but then he has the likes of McTominay and McGinn alongside him. Also Scotland seldom play him and McLean together, Kenny is on the bench. 

Unfortunately neither Farke or Smith have been brave enough or clever enough to get the best out of Billy.

Yeah Kenny tends to come on as a sub to see matches out. I think Callum McGregor’s role in the Scotland team is what helps him the most, they work very well together. It’s a real shame that McGregor decided to stay at Celtic and only play for them, I think he would have been a very decent player in England.

2 hours ago, Pugin said:

Please stop!!!

I agree the problem isn't with Gilmour himself, it's more the fact that he is proving no better than what we had and there is no point in having a loan player in if they aren't making a difference. It might have seemed a good idea to get him at the time, but it hasn't really worked in our favour. Would much prefer to see other players in the team before him - players that need the minutes to develop their own game within our club, Sorensen for instance, rather than to one who is leaving at the end of the season.  I just can't see the logic in playing him. I wish him well for his career at Chelsea, he is a good prospect, but for us, it has been difficult to see his worth.

• Like 1

We have been spoiled over the last ten years in almost always having a very creative midfielder: Hoolahan, Maddison, Buendia. I imagine when Webber and Farke decided to go for Gilmour, they thought he could play the same role. It hasn't worked out, whatever the reasons. Probably partly because Gilmour is too young and inexperienced to take on that responsibility yet. But also, as I've said in a post above this one, I think a lot of it is that the other midfielders (especially McLean) are trying to do the same thing instead of making sure the midfield is solid if Gilmour loses the ball (and creative players will lose the ball quite often because they are trying to do things that uncreative players don't have the vision to see or the skill to produce.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I'm going to invite flak here, but I don't think Gilmour has been the main problem in the midfield this season. IMO, Farke saw the problem with Gilmour, but came up with the wrong solution: dropping Gilmour rather than McLean.

I know I sound like another poster making McLean the scapegoat, but I really think he has been very destructive to the team this season. As another poster pointed out somewhere (sorry, can't remember who or where), he is a ball-chaser. 17-year-old kids are ball-chasers and get it trained out of them; a player of McLean's experience should have the discipline to know what his role is and stick to it. With all his pointing and barking at his team-mates, he gives me the impression that he imagines he has taken over Buendia's free-ranging role in midfield. Buendia's freedom to roam the park, with not a smidgen of Buendia's talent or creativity. McLean is one of Cantona's water-carriers and he should stick to doing that or be replaced by someone who is willing to take a more humble role in the side.

EDIT: Then a player with greater talent such as Gilmour could have a free role without the midfield falling apart if he loses the ball.

This is so spot on.  Simply replace McLean with Sorenson and Gilmour et al can focus on creativity.  

Good to see some balance on here. From the outside, I’ve seen a fair amount of animosity towards Gilmour and started to get the impression this was shared by a significant majority of Norwich fans.

For my sins, I’m a Kilmarnock fan (spiritual home of good old Gary Holt) but have been keeping close tabs on wee Billy as he went to school in Killie. It’s a pity the loan spell’s not worked out the way people want but he seems like a good kid with a great attitude. Nice to see that there are Norwich fans out there who recognise this. I’ll sign off now - but best of luck for the rest of the season.

Edited by breeks_mctavish

14 hours ago, Mengo said:

Oh I missed that one. Open goal. Must be the only player in norwich to miss open goals then. 80 minutes wow. Is he having a fag on the touchline then. Yep he's utter **** no football brain . Not like 95 % of the rest. I would sack him. God that decision by farke and webber to take him was absolutely  shocking. He must be the only one to blame for the catastrophic season so far. 

I understand your frustration. But I can also understand gilmours frustration.  

Billy Harry Kane Gilmour. 

Jesus christ didnt know his Dad was on the forum. 

Tell Wee Billy I mean every comment  and hes sh1te.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Jesus christ didnt know his Dad was on the forum. 

Tell Wee Billy I mean every comment  and hes sh1te.

Try his grandad. That's more like it. You my man don't have a clue about football.

I'll pass the message on to him from you. 

Edited by Mengo

Billy Gilmour All Goals and Assists Norwich City

Was actually surprised to see he does officially have an assist, making his official statistics:

Assists every: 1417 minutes
Scores a goal every: 0 minutes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Billy Gilmour All Goals and Assists Norwich City

Was actually surprised to see he does officially have an assist, making his official statistics:

Assists every: 1417 minutes
Scores a goal every: 0 minutes

He’s got 2 assists doesn’t he? Corner in for Hanley’s goal against Southampton and the free kick for McLean’s goal v Wolves.