4.Lakey 

5.Chicken

6 Nutty 

7.Hoggy (captain) 

8.Corky 

9.Branston

10.Big Fish

11.Canary Dan

Last one on the plane back home gets the drinks in. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

What do you reckon as a percentage? I'm going around 10% would start him and 90% wouldn't.

Unfortunately too many people criticise him every match before he has even kicked a ball.

Do you really think Normann was better than him in the last match?

Because McLean is part of a generally poor midfield at the club he will pick up more people condemning him every match that he plays, and because he plays most, if not all the matches, the numbers will continue to go up.

In the same way those players who do not play are perceived as being better and the longer they don't play the better they get.

I'm not saying he is a good Premiership player, he isn't, but tell me one in our midfield who is and have proved they are by being regularly picked.

Why do people on here continue to support McLean?  Are they all Mad Dog 20/20 drinkers?  🤷‍♂️😳😄

1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

Unfortunately too many people criticise him every match before he has even kicked a ball.

Because McLean is part of a generally poor midfield at the club he will pick up more people condemning him every match that he plays, and because he plays most, if not all the matches, the numbers will continue to go up.

In the same way those players who do not play are perceived as being better and the longer they don't play the better they get.

I'm not saying he is a good Premiership player, he isn't, but tell me one in our midfield who is and have proved they are by being regularly picked.

There is some truth in what you are saying re. nobody else having a chance to look crap, but because we are generally not good enough that doesn't mean he isn't the worst player in our starting 11, coz he definitely is. The frustration I and loads of other fans feel, is that regardless of his performances he gets picked week in week out. The argument that two managers have now liked him holds little weight with me as we have been bottom of the league for the majority of the season. If we were 13th and he played every week, I'd still think he was crap but my argument would be less valid. At the moment it's totally valid because of how terrible we are and he is a virtual ever-present.

A similar thing happened with Gary Holt and Worthington - Holt was clearly out of his depth in the PL and had fallen woefully short of the standard, Worthy continued to pick him and the fans were getting more frustrated, eventually Safri got brought in coz Worthy had no choice (Holt was getting death threats - he didnt deserve that obviously) and it pretty much coincided with an upturn in results from memory. Not saying this would happen with McLean but managers don't always get it right and do have blindspots sometimes.

I'd certainly start Rupp instead of Maclean and PLM had a decent second half against Chelsea, as did Aarons. I've been wanting Giannoulis as a left wingback all season but I guess that ship has sailed. I'd have him on Raphina as a man marker too, but that tactic seems a bit 1990s. 

I'd also have Byram as the other centre back with Hanley and Sorensen in front of them but that won't happen either.

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Byram

Williams

Sorensen

PLM

Rupp

Giannoulis

Rashica

Pukki

1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

Quite.

Take away the six-pack, body art, and look at me I'm enormous, Normann brings very little to the team.

31 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

There is some truth in what you are saying re. nobody else having a chance to look crap, but because we are generally not good enough that doesn't mean he isn't the worst player in our starting 11, coz he definitely is. The frustration I and loads of other fans feel, is that regardless of his performances he gets picked week in week out. The argument that two managers have now liked him holds little weight with me as we have been bottom of the league for the majority of the season. If we were 13th and he played every week, I'd still think he was crap but my argument would be less valid. At the moment it's totally valid because of how terrible we are and he is a virtual ever-present.

A similar thing happened with Gary Holt and Worthington - Holt was clearly out of his depth in the PL and had fallen woefully short of the standard, Worthy continued to pick him and the fans were getting more frustrated, eventually Safri got brought in coz Worthy had no choice (Holt was getting death threats - he didnt deserve that obviously) and it pretty much coincided with an upturn in results from memory. Not saying this would happen with McLean but managers don't always get it right and do have blindspots sometimes.

Exactly so. As you said, 'Safri got brought in coz Worthy had no choice'. 

I would not object to somebody being brought in if they were new and better. I hoped we had that with Normann but since his return from injury he has shown nothing, and I do not think Wee Billy is the answer.

Again, I will say that I do not rate McLean as a good Premiership midfielder.  

Perhaps you can tell me one that we have at the club.

Edited by Yellow Wal
typo

10 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'd certainly start Rupp instead of Maclean and PLM had a decent second half against Chelsea, as did Aarons. I've been wanting Giannoulis as a left wingback all season but I guess that ship has sailed. I'd have him on Raphina as a man marker too, but that tactic seems a bit 1990s. 

I'd also have Byram as the other centre back with Hanley and Sorensen in front of them but that won't happen either.

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Byram

Williams

Sorensen

PLM

Rupp

Giannoulis

Rashica

Pukki

You would have one of the worst defenders we have as a man marker?

Giannoulis as a wing back I wouldn't mind but as a man marker never. If he could defend better he would be a good player but it is the defensive part of his game that lets him down.

10 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Quite.

Take away the six-pack, body art, and look at me I'm enormous, Normann brings very little to the team.

OK...we've all seen the photos of his body art and six-pack...but how to you know he's 'enormous'? 🍆

I guess they don't call you 'Capt. Pants' for nothing! 😉

OTBC

• Haha 1

Just now, Yellow Wal said:

You would have one of the worst defenders we have as a man marker?

Giannoulis as a wing back I wouldn't mind but as a man marker never. If he could defend better he would be a good player but it is the defensive part of his game that lets him down.

You don't have to be a great defender to be a man marker, but you're right that he isn't very good at it!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Exactly so. As you said, 'Safri got brought in coz Worthy had no choice'. 

I would not object to somebody being brought in if they were new and better. I hoped we had that with Normann but since his return from injury he has shown nothing, and I do not think Wee Billy is the answer.

Again, I will say that I do not rate McLean as a good Premiership midfielder.  

Perhaps you can tell me one that we we have at the club.

Again though, coz we are generally crap it doesn't mean he isn't more crap. We probably don't have any good PL midfielders, but we have midfielders who are better equipped than McLean of that I am 100% sure. I started a thread on how he wasn't up to it before a ball was kicked and if he started regularly we would definitely be relegated. I was right. 

Re. 04/05 Safri had been on the bench for the majority of the season though, so he was already in the building, much like Sorenson (for example) is now.

15 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Again though, coz we are generally crap it doesn't mean he isn't more crap. We probably don't have any good PL midfielders, but we have midfielders who are better equipped than McLean of that I am 100% sure. I started a thread on how he wasn't up to it before a ball was kicked and if he started regularly we would definitely be relegated. I was right. 

Re. 04/05 Safri had been on the bench for the majority of the season though, so he was already in the building, much like Sorenson (for example) is now.

I'm sorry to say that our last two managers may not have been picking our best midfield but our least worst. It's certainly an area that needs improvement. This season's two midfield loans have failed miserably to match the displays of last season's loan player. I think that sums up our season.

I would hope that you are right that Sorenson is a wonder player ready to break into the team and prove his worth but, as the last two knowledgeable managers we have had do not rate him enough to play him, I think you may be wrong. 

Youssef Safri brings back many fine memories notably the wonder strike against Newcastle and a somewhat strong tackle that sent Paul Scholes flying!

I wouldn't say Sorenson is a wonder player, but he does a job that has been badly resourced up to now by Farke and Smith, for what reason remains totally unclear.  He probably isn't a long term solution, like a Kante for instance, but for now I see him as providing a base for the more creative players to provide the ammunition for Pukki.  From outside it seems an obvious solution but what do I know ... 🤷‍♂️

My team will get lots of hate but never mind 🤣

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Kabak

Williams

Sorensen

Gilmour

Rupp

Rowe

Rashica

Pukki

Krul

Aarons Hanley  Kabak  Williams

Rowe   Rupp  Lees-Melou Rashica 

Sargent   Pukki

30 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

My team will get lots of hate but never mind 🤣

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Kabak

Williams

Sorensen

Gilmour

Rupp

Rowe

Rashica

Pukki

That's a fairly balanced squad. Although you have my Grandson playing. You will take some stick. 

Rafhina has been mediocre recently and lets hope he remains that way. Williams will need help from Kabak  to keep it that way. 

So your team selection is straight from the Hearts 😇🤫.

This is a must win game without a doubt.

Kenny to come on in the 80 mins and score a screamer from 25 yards. Job done.

• Haha 1

All I know is if McLean and Gilmour start I'm not even going to bother watching the game.

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Quite.

Perhaps he should go on Naked Attraction 

36 minutes ago, Carn said:

All I know is if McLean and Gilmour start I'm not even going to bother watching the game.

Probably be difficult unless you’re in Leeds

11 minutes ago, daly said:

Perhaps he should go on Naked Attraction 

Been there done that. 

Screenshot_20220313-092205_Chrome.jpg