Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

We don't need a stadium expansion then...

Just now, king canary said:

It was a game moved to a random Thursday night at extremely short notice.

I'm not shocked it isn't full.

That is no excuse. Mind you, it is fully justified by how we are playing

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

That's the retirees stand though, surely a bovril and blanket would sort them out? 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Given how we are playing full credit to those who are there and sticking around..

48 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

£48 a ticket when we're doomed probably doesn't help either. 

A few years ago I was told that the City Stand has no casual tickets, season ticket only, so unless this has since changed it will be season ticket holders who have decided not to attend. 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A few years ago I was told that the City Stand has no casual tickets, season ticket only, so unless this has since changed it will be season ticket holders who have decided not to attend. 

I've got casual tickets in there twice this season in the league and once in the cup, and they have been available for every game.

• Like 1

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I've got casual tickets in there twice this season in the league and once in the cup, and they have been available for every game.

Definitely changed then! 

Covid has probably wiped out a significant chunk of the old boys in there to be fair. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's the retirees stand though, surely a bovril and blanket would sort them out? 

Those same seats are empty every game since Covid, but those tickets are never available to buy, not sure why the old duffers don't sell them back. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Those same seats are empty every game since Covid, but those tickets are never available to buy, not sure why the old duffers don't sell them back. 

Probably don’t understand how to do it on the interweb.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Probably don’t understand how to do it on the interweb.

Can they not use that new fangled home telecommunications device? 

8 minutes ago, mastoola said:

why dont you show a picture from an u23 game to prove your point?

Eh?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Eh?

One game without a full stadium   Most games u cant get a seat

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

One game without a full stadium   Most games u cant get a seat

As another poster said, these seats are owned by season ticket holders who don't turn up. 

But you are exaggerating somewhat if you think you can't get a seat most games, I know somebody who has been to the last 6 home games on a casual ticket and there is always a few hundred in the Wensum corner right up to game day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given how we are playing full credit to those who are there and sticking around..

You could have got a live match in tonight Cambridge. 

We won’t if this premier league ineptitude under Smith and Jones continues. They are sucking all hope out of the club and people will start to drift away. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

As another poster said, these seats are owned by season ticket holders who don't turn up. 

But you are exaggerating somewhat if you think you can't get a seat most games, I know somebody who has been to the last 6 home games on a casual ticket and there is always a few hundred in the Wensum corner right up to game day!

OK wasnt aware our support is waning!   thats quite worrying to me 

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

That is no excuse. Mind you, it is fully justified by how we are playing

It’s a bloody good excuse: it’s the reason I couldn’t go and nor could my son.  Not everyone lives within the City boundary and/or can change their plans at the drop of a hat (or, indeed, afford £48 to attend as a casual)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s a bloody good excuse: it’s the reason I couldn’t go and nor could my son.  Not everyone lives within the City boundary and/or can change their plans at the drop of a hat (or, indeed, afford £48 to attend as a casual)

I think the club would be better off doing away with game grading, its impossible to really judge optimum price for all games at the start of the season. Ticket pricing should be linked with quality of the view/experience in the ground, not standard of the opposition. Fix tickets at £30 for upper tiers and any restricted view, and £40 for all lower tiers which don't have restricted view, and stick with that for all league games.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You’re correct. Very easy to get a ticket this season and won’t be a problem in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’re correct. Very easy to get a ticket this season and won’t be a problem in the Championship. 

And yet they still flog a "Home Membership" which promises "access to tickets", completely unnecessary! 

Numerous season ticket holders missing around where we sit. Not really surprised as they probably expected a thrashing, as I did after the first two goals 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

When did you last brave a game at Carrow Road?

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And yet they still flog a "Home Membership" which promises "access to tickets", completely unnecessary! 

Its relatively easy to get a single ticket if you don't mind where you're sitting.

Most people like to go to football with mates and they're the casuals we miss out on with our ground size. Midlands says its very easy but likely because he's attending on his own. 

Its been near impossible for some of my mates without season tickets to get 3 or 4 near each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Why would anyone go to a game we have 0% chance of winning?

Dunno, I think its something called supporting your team, its a new concept I think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

When did you last brave a game at Carrow Road?

When my wife let me, I live almost 200 miles away.

I'm a frequent away fan, have been that way for many years. 

What's the relevance please, when we are apparently discussing seats which are bought and paid for by season ticket holders? These people are opting to not use a ticket that they have already paid for.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten