Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*** The official lappinitup vs London blues match thread***

Even if the second half was much better, that still doesn't excuse the line-up for the first half. You might argue that the turnaround was due to Smith's clever reading of the game, but equally it might just be another random roll of the dice which this time worked. I doubt very much if we'll see anything other than the usual line-up once Gilmour is back, although I doubt if even Smith will be stupid enough to leave Rashica out again.

38 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It wasn’t. He never adapted to playing in the PL, he did not look like turning things around or being able to do things differently. He abandoned his style after one or two games this season and didn’t have a plan B once he did that. 

You can argue over whether Smith was an improvement or not, but it was not a mistake to get rid of Farke.

If you choose to get rd of Farke - and let's not forget what this club achieved under him - frankly a surprise title win, and then turning a team of losers into a team of winners again - all whilst blooding youngsters and generating a healthy profit for a self-sustaining club, all whilst playing probably the most beautiful football I have ever seen a Norwich team play - you have to abandon all of that for the right appointment. It has to be for someone who can keep the team up, or move the club further. On the latter the bar is set pretty high and whatever Smith achieves it's unlikely to be an improvement. We're still playing turgid ineffective football. So I ask, what did we gain? Because we tossed a great deal out of the window

• Like 6

Shame that as that was a much better second half. Some pride restored and not a disastrous result in the end. Pity we were so bad in that first half though. 

Normann touted as a solution to our problems but maybe we’re better with him out of the side? Dare I say it

Rashica always needs to start.

PLM and Rupp again looked a promising midfield combo.

I thought Kabak did well second half. 

25 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

They're singing Abramovich's name, do you guys get it now, why I hate these dirty, plastic, cheating scumbags so much? Absolutely vile club. 

That’s shameful. It’s a pity their ****wit neanderthal fans can’t be sanctioned as well. The sooner their club are financially crippled into obsolescence the better.

Edited by Beetley Yellow

We’ll regress back to our usual poor levels on Sunday no doubt. Maybe my last live prem game for a while. Excited to get back to proper away days like Rotherham and Preston

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Normann touted as a solution to our problems but maybe we’re better with him out of the side? Dare I say it

Actually, I have wondered with the Ukraine situation if that doesn't help Normann's game

Need to get a an actual full good 90 minutes from this team on Sunday as we did cause problems in the 2nd Half, the main issue being the poor crosses that killed our good attacking momentum a few times when we got into good positions (Chalobah hand ball aside).

That’s shameful. It’s a pity their ****wit neanderthal fans can’t be sanctioned as well. The sooner their club are financially crippled into obsolescence the better.

Once again, its a small number think its funny or shows they are tough and don't care. Club will say they are doing their best to root out the troublemakers but they have always had them and always will.

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If McLean and/or Gilmour start on Sunday I'd question Smith's sanity. 

If both start, I think he should be sectioned.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If McLean and/or Gilmour start on Sunday I'd question Smith's sanity. 

Neither of them deserve to be in the 11, you just know both will be named. I plan to check the team line-up announcement and give it a miss if that’s the case, for the sake of my own sanity.

7 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

Neither of them deserve to be in the 11, you just know both will be named. I plan to check the team line-up announcement and give it a miss if that’s the case, for the sake of my own sanity.

Kenny will be the first name on the team sheet. What secrets did he know about Farke and now Smith? 

28 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I thought Normann was the best of our midfielders in the first half but that's not saying much.  PLM was much better in the second half - perhaps the change in formation helped him - as it did Kabak and others.  I thought Rupp was great.  I'd go for a midfield of Normann, Rupp and PLM on Sunday but that would involve leaving out Gilmour and Kenny so unlikely to happen.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virtual reality said:

Elsewhere Knutsen’s Bodo Glimt are leading in their Europa league knockout match. Looks like we got the wrong man in 

It is unbelievable to me that some people here actually preferred god old Dean Smith to maybe the most exciting coach in Europe. Dont know if he would have kept us up. But we would no doubt have been in a much better position next season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rottingdean canary said:

I thought Normann was the best of our midfielders in the first half but that's not saying much. 

He blindly lost the ball twice on the edge of the 18 yard box in the first half. I get that standards are low, but....

53 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Rashica always needs to start.

PLM and Rupp again looked a promising midfield combo.

I thought Kabak did well second half. 

Kabak stepped out well second half and unlike previous appearances actually released the ball.

Rashica was dreadful vs Brentford but I agree he needs to play every game, it at least gives the opposition something to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

He blindly lost the ball twice on the edge of the 18 yard box in the first half. I get that standards are low, but....

Normann was comfortably the worst midfielder, I think he turned on the ball once nicely and spent the rest of the time marking non-dangerous space.

59 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

Need to get a an actual full good 90 minutes from this team on Sunday as we did cause problems in the 2nd Half, the main issue being the poor crosses that killed our good attacking momentum a few times when we got into good positions (Chalobah hand ball aside).

We could have got a point out of this game if our crossing /final ball had been better. Rashica I am afraid falls in to this category albeit that he has some pace and gets free on the left. Was it Jeremy Goss on Radio Norfolk saying how good Kenny McLean is for the team. As with most other contributors I just don't get it. Tonight he again played just behind the front two and for me was more or less non-existent.

Much better 2nd half but WTF was that 1st half selection all about?

Normann was truly awful, again,  and Kabak was lucky to stay on the pitch, but had a good 2nd half.

Can't fault the effort in the 2nd half but the quality just isn't there.

11 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If you choose to get rd of Farke - and let's not forget what this club achieved under him - frankly a surprise title win, and then turning a team of losers into a team of winners again - all whilst blooding youngsters and generating a healthy profit for a self-sustaining club, all whilst playing probably the most beautiful football I have ever seen a Norwich team play - you have to abandon all of that for the right appointment. It has to be for someone who can keep the team up, or move the club further. On the latter the bar is set pretty high and whatever Smith achieves it's unlikely to be an improvement. We're still playing turgid ineffective football. So I ask, what did we gain? Because we tossed a great deal out of the window

No team can ever know how a new manager will do once they are appointed, if they could, then Man U and Watford wouldn’t go through them like water each season. 

I don’t disagree that Farke did all of that but he is as responsible for the players that are here and the way the team is now as Webber is, yet Webber gets all the flak. Despite the talk of the beautiful play, he was the one who changed that this season, and abandoned his style.

I think you have to give Smith time to get players to shape his own team before you wrote him off as not improving things. He showed last night that at least he is capable of making decisions and changes during games and isn’t scared to try different things, even if they don’t come off like the first half last night. 

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

No team can ever know how a new manager will do once they are appointed, if they could, then Man U and Watford wouldn’t go through them like water each season. 

I don’t disagree that Farke did all of that but he is as responsible for the players that are here and the way the team is now as Webber is, yet Webber gets all the flak. Despite the talk of the beautiful play, he was the one who changed that this season, and abandoned his style.

I think you have to give Smith time to get players to shape his own team before you wrote him off as not improving things. He showed last night that at least he is capable of making decisions and changes during games and isn’t scared to try different things, even if they don’t come off like the first half last night. 

But will he get his own players or ones that Webber decides.

11 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Much better 2nd half but WTF was that 1st half selection all about?

Normann was truly awful, again,  and Kabak was lucky to stay on the pitch, but had a good 2nd half.

Can't fault the effort in the 2nd half but the quality just isn't there.

Didn't see the match, but looking at the lineup at the start, it felt to me as if we were going to try and contain Chelsea with a strong defensive line up and save one or two players from playing the full 90 minutes, bearing in mind Sunday's game. Rupp, Rashica only coming on later may be key to them being fully fresh for Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Didn't see the match, but looking at the lineup at the start, it felt to me as if we were going to try and contain Chelsea with a strong defensive line up and save one or two players from playing the full 90 minutes, bearing in mind Sunday's game. Rupp, Rashica only coming on later may be key to them being fully fresh for Sunday. 

Agree with this. I'm sure that was the plan.

Bring on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

But don't we need to win games, any game. We are six points adrift of Leeds. So we send out a weakened team just because its Chelsea? That goes against all your thinking normally LDC.

We can't afford for any game. Its siht or bust every game. We have a ten game season. We need points and that is achieved by wins not draws anymore.

15 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Gilmour laughing just sums him up

but the dispirited Norwich faithful were at least able to enjoy a brief break in play when a bird entered the Carrow Road pitch.

15 hours ago, Erraticus said:

Oh, do **** off 

Oh you sad desperado🤣

but the dispirited Norwich faithful were at least able to enjoy a brief break in play when a bird entered the Carrow Road pitch.